2005 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 23 reviews

Really nice car

by from cleveland, ohio on January 29, 2010

I bought a GM certified 2005 Impala SS. The car had 20,200 miles when i bought it in May 2009. Excellent acceleration and torque make it a blast to drive. The interior is comfortable and quiet (I have the 6 way power and heated seats option-both front buckets). The radio is excellent but the sound quality isn't as good when listening to satellite radio. I'm sure that's an issue of the signal and not the radio. But only if you're an audiophile would you notice. Huge trunk. The fold down rear seats are a bonus. The leather interior seems to be holding up well with age although the driver's seat could use some conditioner. Automatic day/night rear view mirror is an option I'll never go without again. Gas mileage is pretty good, especially on the highway where the computer reports 28 mpg in steady 70 mph driving. City is in the lower 20s. I don't like that the sunroof goes above the roof instead of into the roof. The suspension is tight the car has no noticeable squeaks or rattles. The black paint finish is very nice and very well done. Plenty of visibility from inside. The engine is the 3800 supercharged. Any ratchet head will tell you that's a motor with a very good reputation. All I know is it sounds smooth and sweet. Dual exhaust gives the car a nice sound, but you know they should have done a true dual exhaust, not single cat converter and twin mufflers. Anyway it's a very lovely engine set up. Transmission, 4 speed auto, is smooth. Nice, full instrumentation. CD player AND cassette is a nice touch. The radio is the upgrade package with a trunk mounted sub woofer. I've put only about 5,000 miles so far but I really like this car and feel it's a keeper. The water pump leaked but was fixed under warranty. Otherwise no mechanical issues at all. The engine needs premium unleaded but it's worth it to feel that ride, the mechanics, power plant and transmission working so well together. So, that's the review. Test drive one if you're not sure, but I would recommend this car to anyone who asked, without question so far. Thank you

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Philadelphia, Pa on November 15, 2008

This car is awesome! It's sporty and comfortable! I have the 2005 LS and would only trade the car for a new Camaro! The Impala makes sense for singles, couples or familys!

chevyguy

by from massachusetts on June 7, 2006

this vehicle is excellant in all aspects, great driving experience handles great rides like your on a cloud gas mileage is awesome,mine has the 3.4 engine with more than enough power , it is enhanced with the use of premium fuel i personnaly would recommend the chevy impala .also great interior room and i am 6ft.8in. tall. my impala is a 2005.

Love this car!

by from Missouri on February 8, 2007

I have owned my Impala for nearly a year. I love it! The only thing it was lacking was a trunk light. I intend to own this car for a very long time.

LOVE!

by from mohawk, NY on July 27, 2011

i've had this car since feb. of '11 and i couldnt be happier with the car! I havent had any problems with it yet, only had 73k miles on it when i bought it. i absolutely love the sunroof - my absolute favorite feature on the car. the air conditioning works BEAUTIFULLY ((first car ive owned that it actually worked!)) gas mileage is really good on it, recently took it on a trip and was very excellent to sit in and be comfortable for the 6 hours driving/riding for the trip. would absolutely reccomend this car for anyone in search of it !!!!

Chevy Impala

by from Fitchburg, MA on July 19, 2006

I have owned a few Impalas. The one area that has been improved upon is the chassis height. It still could be a bit higher so the undercarriage does not scrape at all. Roomy interior, appealing design inside and outside along with a car that handles well and does not need much other than regular maintenance makes this vehicle a great choice! In my real estate business, clients always comment about how comfortable the back seat is. Also, the large trunk size can store signs easily. When I trade in two years, I will be purchasing another Impala!

Most Reliable and most comfortable car I have ever

by from Croghan, NY on October 12, 2007

I have owned my impala for almost a year and love it to death. The ride itself is just so comfortable, the most comfortable car that I have ever owned before. The interior design of this car is just flat out perfect. I love the fact that the impala gets great gas mileage. It saves me a lot of money at the pump. I plan on owning this car for a long time. This is the first impala that I have owned, and I will more than likely continue buying them in the future. I don't know what I would do without this car. I just love everything about the car!

Great car

by from Norfolk, VA on April 23, 2007

This is a great car, flat out, enough said. The interior design is made from a drivers standpoint and makes driving comfortable and enjoyable.

great safe car

by from Peoria. Illinois on May 13, 2014

My 05 was a great car I bought it as a program car in 06 with 17,000 miles on it. It averaged about 30 miles per gallon of Gas on the highway... now it is 2014 I just was in an serious accident and came out of it with just some soreness thanks to the safety rating of this car... the car was totaled on the outside but not hardly damaged at all on the inside...I was protected!

Strong, Well-Rounded American Car

by from Red Lion, Pennsylvania on October 31, 2014

-It is almost as comfortable as a Buick -It has great torque on the highway and accelerates quite reasonably for its size. -GM really hit a home run with the styling. I love the lighting and the wood strip on the inside. The exterior styling is sporty yet dignified. -I got this car for a GREAT price used! -I have never had any major problems that undermined my safety. -Overall, a great car for somebody who likes a lot of car with a strong American V6 for a great price!