2009 Chevrolet Impala

Best Impala so far

by from Macomb,Michigan on December 20, 2009

Have owned or leased over 150 vehicles in lifetime. the Impala we bought is with out a doubt very impressive. Very responsive for a 3.5 V6,excellent acceration,yet overall conditions delivers 27 mpg. Our last Impala was a 2007. Good car, numerous subtle improvements makes the 2009 better. Fit and finish is outstanding. Did alot of comparison shopping and test driving various cars,foreign and domestic. We chose the Impala for it's outstanding value and low total operation cost. No regrets.

Best car I have ever owned

by from Houston Texas on January 21, 2010

I love this car, I recomend the 3.9 or V8 Like mine but even the 3.5 is peppy. Great Dependable car.

So far so good

by from West by God Virginia on May 13, 2011

Stepped down from my '00 Bonneville SLE April of last year. Am getting used to my '09 Impala LTZ. 2nd owner, 7,000 miles. Full options. Beautiful in black. Lots of compliments and questions. Got thumbs up from a 40th Anniversary Corvette driver during test drive. Although not a race car it's crazy fast. Frequently challenged by curious drivers of other cars. 3.9L V-6, gas mileage around 28-29 mpg highway. Light, and true to its current nameplate. I will get one just like it for my wife. Feels solid, safe and roadworthy. Most police agencies where we live use them. Keep reading complaints about the seats from folks. Simply adjust the lumbars and backs of buckets. Critics, drive the LTZ package and support Made In America more.

Traded 2000 Impala for used 2009 LTZ

by from Colorado on January 18, 2010

I drove a 2000 Impala w/3.8L V6 for 10 years and finally parted with it at 139,000 miles! I loved the car but it was getting time to go up to the 2009 LTZ. Replaced a tranny at 100,000 miles, brakes twice, front struts once, and tightened the seals in the engine once. Good car! The 2009 is so much better! Love everything about it! Used had 20,000 miles on it so still in warranty for a while longer. Use it mainly for local driving and some long distance trips. Looked at a lot of cars and settled on the Impala again once more. The 2009 LTZ was exactly what I wanted: Luxury at a price I could afford! No complaints here!!!

very good car for the money

by from tampa,fl on June 10, 2011

I have a 2009 Lt2 3.9 no problems at all.I have 14000 miles.Handles great,road trip to N.J. from Tampa.

Best car I have ever owned!!

by from New Castle, PA on March 11, 2016

I love the performance on the Chevy Impala. It is vey reliable!! I love where the buttons and knobs are located, very easy access to get to them while driving. Best money I ever spend on a car.

Own

by from STL, MO on October 19, 2009

This is my third impala. I get average of 30mpg on highway. Car is so smooth! I actually traded in an Accord and very happy with my choice

Very Reliable Vehicle

by from Illinois on December 6, 2013

I am an 18 year old driver, and I have recently made the move from a cheaper 90's car to this 2009 Chevy Impala. I, having driven several different sedans, can say that this has been my absolute favorite. First of all, the exterior design is a great medium between a legitimate sports car and a stately, full-size sedan for every day use. Its sporty headlights and grille are accented by the slanted body design, rear spoiler, and the Victory Red paint job. The inside of the vehicle is even more impressive. The overall design of the interior is attractive, with a stately and smooth steering wheel shape, a sporty set of gauges in aquamarine color, and bucket seats that invite the driver and passengers to a comfortable ride. The only thing that this reviewer would change about the interior is the paneling design on the dashboard, as the reddish-brown wood-like design paneling could be done without. The comfort and interface of the interior is also impressive. Controls on the radio and temperature system are easy to use, the gauges are very easy to read, storage space in the center armrest is respectable, the shifter knob is conveniently located in the center of the front seats, the seats themselves are comfortable and easily adjustable, the headlight system is easy to use, the cruise control system is easy to use (as well as being conveniently located on the steering wheel), the windshield wiper/turn signal control lever is easily used and seen, and the sound system of the car is phenomenal. The interior, also, is spacious and very comfortable in that sense. Trunk space is very large as well. The car, even with 98,000 miles logged, runs like a charm, and has absolutely no problems. The engine is decently quiet, and is relatively powerful, with 211 horsepower pumping from the 3.5L V6. The vehicle, in conclusion, is attractive, reliable, easy to use, and fun to drive. I, even as a young driver, would highly recommend the 2009 Chevrolet Impala LT to anyone looking for an affordable, reliable, and attractive used car in the 2013-2014 era.

Car Critic

by from Pittsburgh on February 12, 2017

My experience is with an 09 Chevrolet Impala 3.5 V6 LT. Overall the car is dated in every way and because of that it makes the powertrain great and everything else boring. The 4spd auto is refreshing to more modern 6,7,8, and 9spd transmissions. The styling of the exterior plain and that carries over to the interior. My favorite thing about it is the value of the car. If your looking for bang for the buck and a strong powertrain this has great car.

Owner update

by from Macomb, Miichigan on January 6, 2012

My 2009 LT now has 65,000 miles from commuting over 90 miles a day. Replaced tires, battery and windshield wiper blades at 56,000 last September. Just playing it safe for upcoming Michigan winter. The Impala has been very reliable is holding up very well with no issues. Gas mileage is between 25-29 mpg, does not burn or leak any fluids.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Chevrolet Impala