2011 Impala

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2011 Chevrolet Impala?

Great car for the money.

by I teach Cat. from Miami, FL on Mon Jan 23 2012

I am very happy with my 2011 Chevy Impala LTZ. The Fuel economy on the E85 is what I was looking for. My other car is a 2009 Chevy Impala SS. Keep up the good work Chevy. I will buy America all the time.

chevy2011

by wands from chicago on Mon Aug 15 2016

Purchased my 2011 Chevy in February 2014 have had it for 3 years still paying it off, no problems till it hit the 80 thousand miles trans blew off its 2 grand to fix the warranty is unknown to fix. will not recommend this car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Dependable, great value.

by Jeff from NC on Mon Apr 23 2012

A great car for the price. This is the third one I have owned. I put 165,000 and 149,000 on the other two before selling. Both are still running strong.

Transmission Problems

by DiverSco from Rancho Cucamonga on Mon May 08 2017

I purchased my 2011 Impala brand new - 24 miles on delivery. I have been a Chevy truck guy for over 20 years. I converted to a car because I needed something a little more conservative/professional for my business. The Impala worked flawlessly for about two years. Regular PM and tires was all it required. Around year three and 70,000 miles, my transmission began jerking and pulling. I took the car to three different Chevy dealers, a couple times on a tow truck, and none of them would commit to the problem being a failing transmission. The 2011 Impala didn't require a trans service until 100,000 miles as recommended by the manufacturer so I didn't think this was the issue initially - I thought it could be the cables on the automatic gear shifter. Despite the attention of the Chevy mechanics, the transmission failed just over the 70,500 mile mark and had to be replaced. For the next two years, the vehicle would violently pull and jerk when the transmission slammed into gear. I continued exceptional care of the vehicle, not pushing its driving capabilities as I am a very conservative driver and providing the vehicle with regular PM service - including transmission servicing well before its recommended time. The car was never really the same again. I kept the car out of necessity as times have been hard on most American's. Drove the vehicle up to 150,000 miles when the new transmission I had installed failed. At this point I was in a position that warranted having the trans replaced for the second time as a new vehicle was out of the question. I took the car to a different mechanic who replaced the trans with a used one (50,000 miles on it). The mechanic told me to by a Camry and I would never see him again! Now the vehicle is at 174,000 miles and it has been a nightmare since the second trans replacement. It is scary to drive especially when making a left with oncoming traffic - I have to be extra careful as it consistently feels as though its going to stall and the pulling and jerking when shifting has only gotten worse. The car is paid off and I have gotten my use out of it - true. I wanted to make this post to bring the attention to those considering this car, that Chevy has a serious problem with their transmissions on this vehicle. Do your due diligence before purchasing! Dig a little bit when researching this vehicle. Chevy produced two transmissions for the same model year making it difficult to get the right one - upon both installations, each mechanic received the wrong trans delaying the amount of time it took to complete the repair - I even warned mechanic number two and the mistake still occurred through no fault of their own! I scored the Impala as poor value and poor reliability as the amount of repairs was not worth the money I saved by initially purchasing a less expensive car when compared to other models. The car is sleekishly styled on the outside and moderately comfortable on the inside. I am 6' tall and getting in and out is not as comfortable as a truck - the car is low to the ground and the aerodynamics of the vehicle make the frame awkward for taller people to get in and out of. I have had a lot of positive comments from passengers on the comfort level of both the passenger and back seats. The interior design is satisfactory as everything is in reach - I do not like the thermal controls as they are not digital - the heat and cold selectors are vertical and fall easily changing the temperature when not desired. Stereo system good, although my very seldom used CD player took a friends CD and never ejected it. No built in USB or iPod connections. Gas mileage before transmission problems above average even though I would consider the Impala a "heavy" vehicle. Tried E-85 gasoline once - same as regular gas in performance, much cheaper than regular gas - downside is E-85 is very rare and hard to find. Interior cab space is great - roomy. Trunk space exceptional. For the DIY'ers

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Car In Michigan

by Epic Car Lover from Birmingham, MI on Mon Jun 16 2014

Now, people say Its horrible, PERFORMANCE IS EXCELLENT! That 6 cylinder engine delivers a kick of speed. Mine was the base model and the Technology is just outstanding! You never hear static here in Michigan. Mine came with Onstar, and that has been a blessing. Got it in 2012 and acts like new, I dont know how Chevy does it but this is a masterpiece! The Interior feels like your in a nice cozy cabin, that can fly! I still think this is just unreal! And I've had it for 2 years. The only problem I had was not major, it was not even real. I just thought something happened because the lights to the dashboard weren't on, (AKA heat and radio) But it was just I pressed this button to turn that sections lights off, thats very inventive, it saves battery! For the exterior I have to agree with Rodan, very sharp and really nice looks. With the base model you still have a chrome bar in the back and in the front too. Chevy is really not cheap with the Impala, If you get a new Impala, you will love it, if you get a 2011 Impala, you will love it! SOOOOO RELIABLE! I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE THINK IT ISNT!!?? I still marvel at the thought nothings gone wrong EVER! If I could rank it for the overall ranking, best car in Michigan, and people will agree with me, also if it has problems its not the car, either previous owners dont maintain or they abuse the gas pedal which can cause overheating which leads to problems in the engine. So please if you have problems it is not the car, ok people? So consider getting it, best car in Michigan! :)

Love this car

by cargive from St. Clair Shores, MI on Tue Apr 17 2012

I bought this car new last year. This car has been great on gas mileage. When I need instant passing gear, this car never fails to kick in without hesitation. Very comfortable ride. I'll stick with Chevy.

Nice Car!!!!!

by Rock from Indiana on Mon May 14 2012

I have been a big Dodge fan for a long time, but for the money I could'nt pass up this 2011 Chevrolet Impala!!!!!

Tried E85

by Lilly from Midwest on Sun Jun 22 2014

Bought my '11 Impala used. No problems so far. Gets good mileage on the highway at 75 -80 City driving pulls it down pretty quick. Tried the E85, fuel was a lot cheaper, took 5 mpg off though, talked to people who use nothing but E85 and love it. I know the car is made for it but I just have a nagging feeling that I am hurting the car somehow. Really liking the car. Lil

love my Impala

by chevy girl from Cynthiana, Kentucky on Mon Jun 18 2012

Will only purchase Impalas from now on. It is very roomy I habe three childten and they fit fine in backseat.

Best value car I have ever owned

by Lovemy chevyimpala from Brandenburg Ky on Wed Aug 13 2014

This is the second Impala I have bought . It has all the comforts I want and great hwy gas mileage. I can't imagine ever buying anything else but the Impala.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7