2004 Chevrolet Malibu

Great car I owned 2 of them the same year

by from Gainesville fl on September 13, 2017

The car is amazing great on gas I bought one for both of my boys, which are 20,18 and live on 2 different ends of Florida and they drive them home every weekend

Great Deal!

by from gainesville,fl on August 4, 2017

This vehicle drives great. It's great for a first car. Needs a little tender loving care. Call for more information.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

the car is good for the price

by from Mankato,MN on July 18, 2017

the car is nice and they are usually cheap so it makes it a suitable car if you are just staring to drive or getting it for your kids.

Great car plenty of power

by from Stamford, CT on July 15, 2017

This car has been reliable with minimal issues currently has 160k miles. Powerful motor, good fuel economy, and great for the price these go for used.

Most Reliable Car I Have Owned

by from Phoenix, AZ on May 19, 2017

This was my first car and it carried me cross country a couple times. Easy and affordable to maintain!

Best Chevrolet I have ever owned........

by from Diggs, Virginia 23045 on August 29, 2016

Purchased this auto in 2006 for my wife, it has been a remarkable automobile since we purchased it as a "ex-leased" auto from a local dealership.................it had 15,000 miles on it and we though we would keep it for a couple of years,but still drive it to this day............maintenance has been the key..................now in August of 2016, we just turned 316,000 miles, burns no oil, engine, and transmission strong..............only major problem is we replaced the struts and ball joints at 290,000............and I have it service regularly by the local Chevrolet dealership in Gloucester county the mechanics want to purchase it from me if I ever decide to sell, but also told me that this auto will probably last well into the 400,000 range............we drive it regularly from Virginia to New York....if you want a vehicle that will last, and has been maintained, then purchase this little baby..............First chevy was a "Starfire 6", 1953 two door sedan(wish I had it today), now that we are both retired this auto will probably last us for the rest of our lives..................and oh, our other auto is an Aveo 2006, with 216,000 miles on it, and still runs like a top, and still take 5W30 oil and burns none..............I am 100% behind Chevrolet products.............the best of the best for the working man or woman:+)}}} five star rating overall!

poor suspension

by from salt Lake on January 16, 2015

Gets good gas mileage rides very ruff front end makes noise when steering are over bump. Ruff back supension

Decent Car For The Price

by from Cape Cod, MA on July 24, 2013

We bought this car new in 2004. Within the first few months that we owned it, the steering column locked while driving and we had to have it towed. That repair was covered by a recall. It had two costly brake repairs, the trunk release stopped working and then the automatic locks kept going up and down, even when the car was not being driven. The air conditioning only worked correctly for one summer. We have had to do several repairs on the A/C. If you are driving 35 mph or over, do not put even one back window down most of the way. For some reason, I hear a persistent, loud thud noise every second that it is opened and it feels like my eardrums are being sucked out of my head until I close the window. Opening two rear windows would be even worse. Otherwise, the car has been very reliable and we love how the screen on the dash tells you when services are needed such as when an oil change is coming up and when the windshield wiper fluid is low, etc. It starts up every time.

Good American Car

by from Miami, fl on October 21, 2011

I own this vehicle for 4months now, it is a good american car. The outside is nothing really to write home about, neither is the inside. It has a very simplistic approach to it, very american. Interior is just enough not to be called cheap. I find it comfortable, and easily sits 5. Trunk space is great, power under the hood also good, picks up as soon as you step on the gas. I get pretty good gas mileage with both city & highway. Would definitely recommend. I bought it used, haven't yet found anything wrong with the car. Great value for the $$$ :)

I would not recommend

by from Gainesville, GA on July 21, 2011

I bought my Malibu new in 2004. The gas mileage was above average for a 6-cylinder sedan, about 28 mpg (combined). The mileage on long trips was great...somewhere above 50 mpg. The acceleration could be exhilirating, and I enjoyed showing muscle cars what a 4-door sedan could do. However, the cloth driver's seat wore completely through after about 45,000 miles. The seats were hard as rocks. The headrests pushed our heads forward at an uncomfortable angle and could not be adjusted to a comfortable position. The remote starting feature was fun at the start, but did not work consistently. The remote "zapper" would break every time I dropped it, which was easy to do. The car would turn itself off sometimes, while rolling; a simple restart worked every time. The computers shorted out, because I connected jumper cables while the key was in the ignition...a very expensive repair. I just constantly fought electrical battles with this car for over 112,000 miles.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Chevrolet Malibu