2004 Malibu

2004 Chevrolet Malibu

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu?

Good American Car

by Good Midsize Sedan from Miami, fl on Fri Oct 21 2011

I own this vehicle for 4months now, it is a good american car. The outside is nothing really to write home about, neither is the inside. It has a very simplistic approach to it, very american. Interior is just enough not to be called cheap. I find it comfortable, and easily sits 5. Trunk space is great, power under the hood also good, picks up as soon as you step on the gas. I get pretty good gas mileage with both city & highway. Would definitely recommend. I bought it used, haven't yet found anything wrong with the car. Great value for the $$$ :)

Pretty Nice Car

by Cardreamer from Rochester, NY on Tue Oct 20 2009

I bought this car last september in place of my 2001 Chrysler Voyager and have loved it ever since. It has awesome acceration, nice heated leather seats that burn your "a double snakes" in the winter, nice swade interior, and an auto starter (nice when its cold out and if you have auto climate it adjust auto). You will love this car if you are considering it.

Best Chevrolet I have ever owned........

by Dansker-Is from Diggs, Virginia 23045 on Mon Aug 29 2016

Purchased this auto in 2006 for my wife, it has been a remarkable automobile since we purchased it as a "ex-leased" auto from a local dealership.................it had 15,000 miles on it and we though we would keep it for a couple of years,but still drive it to this day............maintenance has been the key..................now in August of 2016, we just turned 316,000 miles, burns no oil, engine, and transmission strong..............only major problem is we replaced the struts and ball joints at 290,000............and I have it service regularly by the local Chevrolet dealership in Gloucester county the mechanics want to purchase it from me if I ever decide to sell, but also told me that this auto will probably last well into the 400,000 range............we drive it regularly from Virginia to New York....if you want a vehicle that will last, and has been maintained, then purchase this little baby..............First chevy was a "Starfire 6", 1953 two door sedan(wish I had it today), now that we are both retired this auto will probably last us for the rest of our lives..................and oh, our other auto is an Aveo 2006, with 216,000 miles on it, and still runs like a top, and still take 5W30 oil and burns none..............I am 100% behind Chevrolet products.............the best of the best for the working man or woman:+)}}} five star rating overall!

Most reliable car I have ever owned

by Matt R from Citrus Heights, California on Wed Jun 27 2018

This car has lasted me 14 years, and 340,000 original miles. Same engine, same transmission, everything. I have been diligent in keeping a regular maintenance schedule, and I am sure that has been invaluable. The dashboard features are conveniently placed, and easy to use. The cruise control has boosted the mileage about 10- 15 percent when used on freeway trips. The air conditioning has kept me cool up to 115 degrees outside.

This car is built to last

by cplofvirginians from Manassas VA on Thu Dec 04 2008

I love my Malibu, safe and reliable. I get more than 30 miles per gallon. I got it with 26k mile, and now it's 81k miles. the only problem I had is the rotors.

Little red

by owner of little red from Elk River,Mn. on Mon Oct 09 2017

This vehicle is a great used car buy.I have a 2004 malibu maxx lt.It is wonderfully equiped good power and handling .It is exceptionally versatile and a great light hauler.It is exceptionally reliable and trouble free.I have 180,000 on it and it still runs great and looks good too.you can move the back seat back 4 inches.Plenty of room in front and back.This car was not a great seller as it basically is a station wagon and people are into suvs now.This is a great car that is vastly under rated.

Awesome First Car

by Beautow from Colorado Speings, CO on Tue Apr 24 2018

The Malibu is a nice looking car for the year. It’s spacious, comfortable and has a nice bit of compartment space. The car obviously isn’t a sports car, but it ride smooth for the price. Acceleration is easy, but not fast. Seats/wheel easy to adjust. Not easy to keep clean with the cloth seats. The back seat design isn’t great... it looks cheap and the seats don’t fold down. The back of the back seats are just flimsy. Very Large trunk.

poor suspension

by kesko from salt Lake on Fri Jan 16 2015

Gets good gas mileage rides very ruff front end makes noise when steering are over bump. Ruff back supension

Does not recommend this car!!

Most Reliable Car I Have Owned

by seefree33 from Phoenix, AZ on Fri May 19 2017

This was my first car and it carried me cross country a couple times. Easy and affordable to maintain!

Great car, best one i have

by average guy buying cars from appleton, WI on Wed Aug 05 2009

Overall this car is fantastic buy for your money. I own this car and already have over 180,000 miles on it and nothing as gone wrong with it yet. This is a fantastic buy and deal for anyone looking for a used car.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu

'04 Malibu is a major upgrade

Finally, Chevrolet has a midsize sedan that can compete with the imports.

The new Malibu is a major upgrade for the formerly mundane family car. For 2004, the revamped Chevy has sharper styling and a roomier interior, plus decent driving characteristics that can be compared with Toyota Camry and Honda Accord.

Chevrolet tapped into its European division, Opel, for much of Malibu's underpinnings, using the same Epsilon chassis design as Opel Vectra and Saab 9-3. The handling has some of the precision associated with European sedans, although it's softened considerably for American derrieres.

The only real clinker is the electric power steering, which does... Read More