2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo consumer reviews

$20,425 starting MSRP
side view of 2002 Monte Carlo Chevrolet
Explore the 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Shop the 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Excellent car with great gas mileage

This car has been a dream to own. No issues and rides like its still new. Love the gas mileage as I commute to work. Does 24-26 in town and 32-36 on they Hwy. When traveling I can get almost 500 miles out of one tank of gas.

Cool car. Very sporty

Fun to drive and great style. I love this car and wish they would keep making them. I had my car for 3 years

NICE CAR

THE CAR IS VERY NICE AND THE SALES MAN JEFF WAS GREAT HE DID EVERYTHING HE COULD TO MAKE ME A HAPPY CUSTOMER. THE DEAL WAS GREAT AND VERY GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE WOULD SHOP HERE AGAIN NO PROBLEM!!!!!

JUST A FABULOUS CAR!

I am perplexed by all the negative reviews on this car that I have read on other forums. I can only surmise that those owners simply were lackadaisical on maintenance, because my Dale Earnhardt SS is one fabulous car! Not a single thing wrong with it, looks and drives like new at 130,000 miles. If you take care of a car, it will take care of you. Wouldn't trade mine for any new car made today!

2002 Monte Carlo LS

2002 Monte Carlo LS purchased used at 120,00 miles. Very comfortable car and gets 26/27 MPG commuting on mix of urban and country roads. Have taken several short highway trips and made 33 MPG on average. Audio and climate controls are easy to use. Suspension has just enough isolation from the occasional rough road. This car will easily handle an 800 mile road trip without fatigue setting in. This is a much bigger car than most I have driven in recent years. I would recommend it without reservation.

Still love it!

Bought my High Sport edition with 5K miles. Here I am 12 years later and still love my car. Other than the heated driver seat not heating and a little surface rust starting to form, no problems with my Monte. Though I would have liked it with a more powerful engine, the 200hp is enough for my daily drive.

Earnhardt special edition SS

Purchased from Referral Auto Group in Ca. The car was everything they said it was. Thank you Tony for all your help and your honesty.

4.3

MPG

I bought my 2002 SS brand new (and still own in). Love the car but never got 28-29 mpg on the highway (maybe 23-24 mpg). Around town I will get 16-17 mpg.

Monte Carlo SS High Sport

I bought my car used with 130k miles on it, still runs like a champ. You can't go wrong with 200hp in a car that still gets 27-28mpg. Strong acceleration, the 3800 is a great motor. The exterior styling I love, red with silver ground effects (high sport edition). The stainless steel dual exhaust just ties everything together. The interior is roomy for the driver and passenger, though larger people may not be as comfortable in the back. Overall, I love the car. It drives great in snow, I've never had any problems sliding or getting stuck with it, even in Michigan's unpredictable weather. Recommend the SS over the base model, much more bang for the buck.

sweet

earnhardt edition 135000 miles runs like new if you can buy one been to a few car shows and have taken a few tropheys