2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 consumer reviews

side view of 2001 Silverado 1500 Chevrolet
Explore the 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Shop the 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Extremely Reliable and Great Value

This truck kept me going to work daily and took the family on camping vacations for 14 years. It's been to all 11 western states and will still reliably take us to any one of them at 19 years old. Just maintain it and it will last forever like all the other reliable Chevy trucks on the road today.

Best overall vehicle I know of.

I hate I can't buy another new one this same body style. Almost 20 years and spent very little. Only needed basic maintenance. Love this truck. Awesome 4x4, comfortable and handles and toes well.

One of the best trucks made!

This truck is definitely worth every penny. Bought it for my first vehicle at 16 with 142,000 miles. After over 40,000 miles in a couple years I’ve only had small issues. Never has let me down. And it can definitely take a beating! From over 110° to -50° it always starts up and runs just fine! The A/C works great, it’s smooth, and actually has a lot of luxury features!

4.4

2001 Silverado 1500hd

Bought the truck with 215K miles on it (yea, I know). One owner, looks like it was garage kept it's whole life. So far so good. Will keep it pampered and clean as long as I own it. Big bodied truck, 6.0 vortec, crew cab, longer bed. Can't ask for much more. I love it, my boys love it, wife's happy, The End.

Need some advice? Professional please

I've had this truck for awhile Never had trouble stopping before until now it's been refixed and everything passed. Nov nineth both feet on brake and still got knocked a car lenth into a van. 29th couldn't get my truck to stop again sudden after being distracted. My 2014 never wreck my new Camero and his vet dead stop no wrecks just the o1 after it was restored last year another wreck lady turned infront of me do I have something defective on this brake line?

This is the most dependable truck I?ve ever owned

This truck has been trouble free for me for 250000 miles. It has only ever had the tires,brakes, and engine oil changed. I love this truck to death because it is so reliable. I live in the rust belt, but as long as you keep your vehicle under coated it?ll be ok. This truck has far surpassed its original value. 17 years of trouble free driving. I?m a contractor who tows a trailer with this during the week and goes off-roading on the weekends. This truck has not had an easy life and it takes it in stride.

4.3

Beautiful truck, better if 4x4

Needed to be 4x4 to actually function as a truck. Tow package and HD was all fine and well, but getting stuck in driveway is embarrassing.

3.9

Strong driving, well maintained work truck

I bought this truck about five years ago and have put 75,000 miles on it, with great performance. I had the transmission rebuilt about 25,000 miles ago and the engine is strong.

Awesome truck!!

The Chevy Silverado are sturdy, reliable and a good work horse. They will stand the test of time! Wether it?s from day to day commute to hauling heavy work loads you can sure count on them!

I love this truck

I still own it I would hate to get rid of it has 230,000 miles and it can still beat a Mustang this truck has been a part of me I've always been a Chevy man ever since my 68 Camaro SS.