2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Great Car

by from Erie PA on June 18, 2012

I just got the car and I have really no complaints about it at all the outside of the car is beautiful. Inside has nice spacious interior. Has plenty of features usb, 2 aux plugs, xm radio, blue tooth for you phone. The sonic has alot of pep to it, i do suggest getting the 1.4L turbo just adds that little bit more of the get up and go to it.

2012 Chevrolet Sonic

by from Flint, MI on March 21, 2012

Loving the Sonic....solid car, economical, cute...everything I need in a car for good transportation.

eletrical issues

by from Jordan, MN on July 5, 2012

i like this car if they could just fit eletrical issues! (warning lights, everything on tne dash shuts off & a/c quits) i also like the exterior styling but the taillights just seem alittle odd (4 doo...
i like this car if they could just fit eletrical issues! (warning lights, everything on tne dash shuts off & a/c quits) i also like the exterior styling but the taillights just seem alittle odd (4 door)

JUNK, do not buy!

by from on February 14, 2017

Purchased brand new with 6 miles on it. First 20k miles water pump went out, then electrical system had a short. 30K miles they pulled the transmission and had to redo all the seals, it still isn't right. The "chrome" on the inside has all chipped off. The poorly designed charger in the center shorts out all the time and fuse has to be replaced. Transmission shutters, had an oil leak, so they fixed that. It now has only 70K miles on it, and the steering wheel makes a loud squeel everytime the wheel is turned, sounds like its coming from the rack and pinion steering (another not so great idea from GM). and the A arm bushings are shot. And the struts squeek when the car bounces. A horrible experience with purchasing my very first new car.

Fun, Fun, Fun

by from Waynesboro, VA on July 17, 2012

I purchased my manual trans. LTZ hatchback in March. I put 700 miles on it every week. Love the fuel econ. It is fun to drive,but I regret not getting the Turbo. It doesn't get up to spead on the highway as the automatic trans. did with the same size engine. Also, the clutch has a loud clicking noise. The service dept. was quick to order new one. Unfortunately, all 3 pedals had to be replaced (kit) and the steering column had to be removed to replace them. After all that the new pedal does the exact same thing! Don't bother to get it replaced. It does'nt effect the clutch, it's just annoying. Interior: The front seats are quit narrow, may not be comfortable to some. The finish on the dashboard equipment is already wearing off and scratches easily when wiping clean. If I had not over paid for this vehicle by several thousands, These things probably wouldn't bother me. Still , I would recommend at the right price.

Love this car

by from Thumb of Michigan on April 8, 2013

I recently was given a 2012 Chevy Sonic as a gift from my husband. It was sitting on the showroom floor and I fell in love as soon as I saw it. It is comfortable, the turbo is so quick for passing, and it has all the bells and whistles. It is the nicest car I have ever owned and I love it. Averages 34 miles to the gal, I thought it would get a little better, but everything else is so nice I wouldn't trade it. I got the midnight black metallic color and have had many people tell how classy the color is. It is bigger on the inside than what it looks like, too.

Affordable yet Peppy

by from Cincinnati, OH on August 2, 2012

I picked an LT Coupe with manual turbo transmission. It has great pick-up when I get on the highway and the gas mileage is awesome! There is plenty of legroom when I have passengers (front & back seats) plus the storage in the back is great. This car has lots of extras at a great price! I enjoy driving the Sonic and think it was a great choice for me!

2012 sonic lt sedan

by from Arkansas on November 25, 2016

One of the worst cars I have owned yet I drive about a hundred miles a day all on the interstate so far thermostat housing broke transmission problems Springs in the driver seat has broke in the car is riddled with problems I bought it it only had 22000 miles on it I've owned it for a year and it's been in the shop 6 different times for different issues after having this car I don't know if I will ever buy another General Motors product the car is horrible

recalls

by from Santa Rosa, CA. on May 20, 2014

There have been 3 recalls so far. I am afraid there is something wrong with the gages, they pop off and on. Not too happy.

Awesome car

by from Maine on February 10, 2014

My sonic is very comfortable, reliable and handles well!!!! I had a small SUV before with several issues ... The sonic is just what I needed!!!!

Our Expert Review: 2012 Chevrolet Sonic