2012 Chevrolet Sonic

Pleasantly suprised by this car.

by from on September 7, 2017

When I was in the market for a new commuter car, I was dreading the thought because I have driven a full size truck for over 15 years now, but it was just too much gas for my long commute. I tried to find something that was at least a little sporty and stumbled on the 2012 Sonic LTZ 1.4L Turbo at a local dealership. I made an appointment to give it a little test drive and was very surprised. I'm not going to win any street races with this car anytime soon, but the power to weight on it is pretty zippy, especially when the turbo kicks in. The cornering on it is also impressive with not too much body roll. More than enough to keep the car on the road for the winding trip from my house to the highway. The interior is not cluttered and everything is where it should be. Overall I will be enjoying this car for the purpose I bought it for, and will be happy to use it in all other situations where I just need to simply transport myself and up to 4 people.

It was my very first car, always reliable

by from Chicago, IL on September 6, 2017

It was my first car and I loved it, but now that I have a family it fits us, but we would like a more roomy car.

A lot of car for the money

by from Front Royal, VA on September 5, 2017

This car was a great car for my young daughter, it was reliable and great on gas. I would recommend this car for anyone commuting or looking for a reliable inexpensive car for themselves or a teenage...
This car was a great car for my young daughter, it was reliable and great on gas. I would recommend this car for anyone commuting or looking for a reliable inexpensive car for themselves or a teenager.

Reliable car

by from Scottsdale on August 28, 2017

I bought this car for my teenagers. We have a Manual transmission and it was really easy to teach them to drive. The car gets great gas mileage

Realy comfortable and quick!

by from Las Vegas, NV on August 25, 2017

It has more features then an airplane. I love it! It's OnStar equipped! You can never get lost! With Sirius or any music from your phone.

Most reliable car Ive owned.

by on July 7, 2017

This car met all my needs. Gas saver,not too big or small.Great value and a great car overall. Great sleek interior and great body. Overall an amazing vehicle.

Very reliable and trust worthy car

by from Newark, New Jwesey on July 7, 2017

Best car I ever owned. Never had any problems or issue. A/C and heating system works great. Comfortable. Hatchback is additional (lots of space).

I miss this car

by from Boston, MA on July 3, 2017

It was a wonderful vehicle, though, being a Chevrolet, it was often in the shop. It had broken down on me 3 times in 2 years. I traded it in, but I do miss it on occasion. Greatly detailed interior.

I just upgraded my life with this vic!

by from Minneapolis, Minnesota on June 20, 2017

This car met all of my needs and desires. Hatch back, 4 doors, easy conversion of the seats on the interior, manual transmission, sunroof, cd/aux audio options. Plus, I couldn't have asked for a better value. I'm looking forward to many more years and awesome road trips in this ride.

Gets you from point A to point B

by from Phoenix, AZ on June 5, 2017

Overall it's a decent car, I realized a couple months after I purchased that I need a bigger car. Owned for almost a year now and have had to make quite a few repairs to it. I did like the comfort of the seats, Aux chord, and durability. I was in two accidents (both times getting hit on my back bumper) and it still hasn't fallen off! I did not like that the dash board doesn't tell you the engine temperature (it does have an alarm that goes off when it over heats though) and no cruise control on my model.

Our Expert Review: 2012 Chevrolet Sonic