2009 Traverse

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

4.0

Have You Driven the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse?

Great all around vehicle

by Mingling Vehicle from Chicago, Il. on Mon Feb 29 2016

Before I purchased this vehicle, i took several surveys of owners of different vehicles. not one was displeased with the traverse, in fact most Traverse owners upgraded if anything. I have a family of 5 it is the perfect vehicle for day to day, travel, luxury and leisure. I own the LTZ. I tried the LS and liked it too however, I needed more for my families needs. I enjoy the comfortable ride and the storage, My husband is a big guy and it is so comfortable with ample head room and roomy interior. It seats 7 comfortably I feel just as comfortable in the back as in the front. Being rather tall, there is so much leg room in the back as well as the middle and the front. No other vehicle compares to the Chevy Traverse it is in a class of its own. Also the Chevy Traverse holds its value.

King of all Crossovers

by Father of Twins from Miami, FL on Fri Jan 09 2009

After purchasing the 2009 Chevy Traverse a few weeks ago, I found the Traverse to be the best crossover/SUV for the money. Its ride hight is great and althought it is a big vehicle it is nimble and drives like a luxury sedan. The 3.6 liter V-6 offers plenty of power at 281 horsepower push this 4,700 pound SUV. After shopping for days and looking at what rival companies had to offer the Traverse was by far the best vehicle for my money. With leather interior, 10-speaker Bose stero, poweed tail-gate, three rows of seats (which seats 8 adult passangers), a 5 star safety rating, and 12 cup holders, this crossover is a must see. At first I was not in love with its exterior styling but after a test drive it the most impresive 7-8 passanger vehicle I have driven. For thousands of dollars less than other crossovers/SUV's it is an excellent value. Nothing but a 5 star rating from me.

Works for me

by Larry from Schuylkill County, PA on Mon Dec 17 2012

I needed a 3rd row seating and an all wheel drive vehicle. Vans didn't have AWD that were affordable. The used Traverse was perfect. The only negative factor is the lousy gas milage. Otherwise the car is a perfect fit.

Great SUV

by jmv from KS on Wed Dec 14 2011

I've had my Traverse for almost 3 years and I've had no troubles with it that weren't fixed by my local dealership, under warranty, within a week. It's a great drive, it doesn't look like a mom-mobile and it's very dependable. It has a ton of room, the seats fold down easily and I've never had any trouble in bad weather. My only complaint is for those of us who don't get the leather package. Why aren't all the seats adjustable automatically instead of manually, the lever is in a terrible place on the passenger side. Love the back up camera, since I didn't need the GPS or DVD system. I've recommended this car to several people, including my mom, who drives a Z71 Tahoe.

Ahh...

by JP Architect from Iowa on Sun Nov 15 2015

Used FWD LTZ., 96,000 miles. Pros: Most comfortable riding car I've ever owned. Rides very nicely on a decent road. Mileage has been fairly consistent, around 20 MPH with a mix of city and highway miles. Fairly sharp looking exterior, in my opinion. Two tone interior is sharp as well. Not a 'Babe Magnet' car though, if that's what you're looking for. Cons: Others reviews say mention reliability issues. I know that the AC was non-working but fixed at the dealership that took it in on trade, which confirms that somewhat. I would mention however that I have not had a problem as of yet. Lack of a handle grab handle for the driver's side is odd, since there's one on the passenger's side and for both of the rear doors. Misc: Have not had the opportunity to drive it in snow, so I can't say if it does ok there or not. Has to do better than my 2WD Dak did though. Overall: A very nice comfy ride. Nice looking, great complement of options on the one I purchased. I'd recommend one to anyone, at least at the higher trim levels.

A pleasure to drive

by SoftballMom from Durham, NC on Mon Mar 02 2009

This car is a wondeful car to drive. I wanted something a little smaller than my minivan but still needed a 3rd row seat for trips. The 2nd row is roomy enough for 3 adults to sit without their shoulders touching! It feels roomier than my sil's Tahoe but driving wise feels about the size of my minivan. Access to the 3rd row is handy with the slide-up seat. I love the solid feel and handling of this car.

has most features for the money

by chevyvetteman from Wood River IL on Sun Apr 05 2009

Very nice vehicle, well built and very good driving, all around good value. My LT2 came well equipped with xm radio, onstar,rearview camera backup sensors and power liftgate. Plus I got the optional rear entertainment option.

Searching for 3rd Row & NOT a minivan kinda dad

by dforMAN on Sat Jul 08 2017

We searched for several months to find a car that would be just the right fit for our growing family. A van was too much money and most other SUVs just didn't have the space our family needed. We purchased a Traverse after reading others reviews on overall comfort, reliability and value for the price you pay. If you need an extra row, this car might just be a great fit for your family. Very comfortable on our drive to Georgia and we loved how the backseat folds down for added space.

Great so far!

by Perk3384 from Scottsville, KY on Fri May 19 2017

Bought this vehicle used from Klaben Motors on cars.com, great vehicle and experience with both so far. I love the luxurious feel of this vehicle! However, it is and LTZ not sure if the LT and LS would feel the same, but this one is loaded with everthing but the kitchen sink. I really like the leather and heated and cooled seats, however my wife has taken over the vehicle as she liked it more than me.

Does exactly what it is designed for

by Young male adult from Bismarck, ND on Mon Oct 14 2013

Enough room for 7 adults comfortably for short term, 6 for a long drive. Very easy to drive. Beautiful and spacious interior and nice solid exterior. I can't wait to use it in the winter. Very practical car for anyone looking for a vehicle to transport lots of stuff or to be able to drive many people around. Pros - Very roomy, high quality interior, nice features, rides well Cons - Mediocre gas mileage, although decent for a larger SUV

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse

The Chevrolet Traverse is GM's fourth three-row crossover, joining the Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave. Outfitted with the platform's latest improvements, the Traverse avoids some of the minor issues that dogged those other crossovers early on, but it introduces a few of its own. Still, it shares the GM crossover family's core strengths and deserves a close look — provided, of course, you dig its nebulous styling.

Trim levels include the base LS, midlevel LT — which Chevy splits into LT1 and better-equipped LT2 categories — and loaded LTZ. All come in front- or all-wheel drive, and seating for eight is standard, though uplevel trims swap the second-row bench for captain's... Read More