2012 Chevrolet Traverse consumer reviews

side view of 2012 Traverse Chevrolet
Explore the 2012 Chevrolet Traverse
Shop the 2012 Chevrolet Traverse

Great Vehicle

This car meets all my needs and I Love it! Lots of room! Still learning some of the controls but will get it down. Smooth ride for sure.

Great car for a great price!!

Love it!! its exactly what we was wanting and within our budget! Would definitely recommend this car for anyone and especially those with kids. The 3rd row makes it perfect for Friends or Family to all pile in one vehicle together and allow plenty of space for all.

4.3

Very happy buyer

Great size family vehicle. I love the V6 and it’s very nice for its age. Well designed. Most people assume that it’s new. Very roomy for my terms and all of our stuff.

3.3

Great but has issues

I had one for 3 years (due to finances), but every time the tachometer was between 1 & 2 rpm the car would start to stutter until I got it above the 2. I had to replace the starter twice within 6 months, tires are not a common tire size (so they cost more). Transmission started slipping, got it to a shop & they wanted $5200 for a new transmission, another shop said $5000 and another said $4700. It was safe, great to drive other than the mechanical issues.

Great product

This car is very well designed with comfort and safety in mind. Would buy again. Very smooth ride. Love the twin moon roofs and second row captians seats

Comfortable car to drive

I love the comfort and all the features this car has to offer. It is roomy but is easy to drive. A nice car at a reasonable price.

Great all around SUV

Would buy again hands down. Very dependable and ok MPG of 19 combined. Cooling seats a big plus. Good size hatch opening in rear. Comfortable seats even after 100,000 miles.

1.6

Worst car I've owned

Trash, breaks down a lot, interior falls apart. Absolutely no room to work on the vehicle. You have to remove the tires just to change lights. That should tell you how poorly designed this car is. Do Not Purchase it.

Most reliable car I’ve owned

This met all of my needs. It has plenty of legroom in the front and back, the ride is great compared to other cars I tested.

4.1

Front seats poorly made

The front seats are poorly made. This is my first time owning a Chevy and I am 64 years of age. The front seats are falling apart. When the car was still new, the plastic part on the bottom of the front passenger seat came off. I took it to the dealership and had them replace it. The part was not cheap. I paid $135.00 for it. Shortly after I had it replaced, it fell off again. Then the same part fell off of the drivers seat. The material used for that part is not sturdy enough to support the weight placed on the seat. I’ve owned several vehicles and never had this problem with any of the other vehicles. My.brother also owned a 2012 Traverse and had the same problem. He got rid of his. The seats are very uncomfortable and will have to be replaced.