2012 Traverse

2012 Chevrolet Traverse

2012 Chevrolet Traverse

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Chevrolet Traverse?

Great buy, great SUV

by GIJoe from Memphis, TN on Fri Jun 15 2012

Chevy got it right!! A little smaller than the Tahoe, and a little bigger than the Equinox, what a great vehicle!! My wife and I just got a new 2012 Traverse in TwiLight Blue, great color!! Bose Stereo, heated leather, 3 zone climate control, power everything including the liftgate, remote start, backup assist, this really is a very nice vehicle, and not so far out there in price that your average person cannot afford it!! We are loving it!!

Almost there

by Novice reviewer from Cleveland on Sun Jul 10 2016

Big vehicle...wow. ..Purchased used 41K miles.. Replaced a Malibu. Bought this for camping trips. We needed more space to store for our tent camping trips. Malibu was just too small to carry what we need. Interior of the Traverse was almost Identical to the Malibu. My only issue was there was no oil pressure gauge. Interior is Good. Comfortable on long highway rides. Seat fabric could be made of better quality. Seats are forgiving and I could drive longer without fatigue. Excellent thigh support. Riding on city/suburban streets are less forgiving. Choppy ride in some cases over concrete roads. Ohio winters cause buckling/uplifting at expansion joints. Confident in snow for the fwd. Probably need to move south. Performance is amazing for this size vehicle. Cornering is like driving like some German cars I have driven. I feel like I am driving a car and not an SUV. Love the V6 , enough power to drive 70+ mph thru the WV turnpike on cruise. Only problem so far, AC condenser in the back. Thank fully covered under Extended warranty. @ 55K miles. Rear backup camera helps too. I look forward to driving this because its so quiet and I feel relaxed after driving it. I Did a brake job on it and did not break my bank. Parts were pricing out like the Malibu.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Family Friendly and Teenager Accepted Vehicle

by Family Friendly and Teenaged Accepted Vehicle from Indpls, IN on Thu Oct 24 2013

My children range from the ages of 14 to 4. We have a family of 5 and are constantly on the go. We had a Jeep Commander, which we loved. But the gas mileage was killing our budget. My oldest child liked the Jeep because of its "look". He really didnt want a mini van. But our new Traverse....now he is really in love. Number 1 its not a mini van. Bose speakers, he is able to plug in his Iphone, our younger two children are able to watch movies, everyone has something that they like. I personally like the gas mileage, the handeling of the car, all of the bells and whistles...hands free phone.....heated seats, automatic start. I feel like a lady in this vehicle and yet I still sit up high and can see everything. It even has enough space to take long road trips. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Extremely Disappointed!

by Shaqkobe from Los Angeles, CA on Wed Jan 03 2018

We love the Traverse model, but this car was nothing but problems. We had many recalls on the vehicle and had problems with the AC, traction, brakes, and loss of power. Do not recommend this year to anyone.

Does not recommend this car!!

So much fun!!!

by carpool mom of 6 from Denver, CO on Mon Feb 25 2013

I just got a 2013 and it is amazing for the snow, kids, and all around running. I am constantly impressed with how it handles and how much room we all have.

Excellent car

by Shabab from Abu Dhabi on Sun Oct 04 2015

I am using 2012 model since more than a year now and it has surprised me with comfort, reliability and mileage.

Great Car

by Lee from Butler, KY on Mon Jul 01 2013

2012 Traverse LTZ leftover with 250 miles on it. I felt I got a good deal. I have less than 3,000 miles on it now but have been extremely satisfied with performance and handling. It has all the bells and whistles except 4-wheel drive and moon roof. I had been looking for awhile for a vehicle to replace my ten year old van. This eight passenger vehicle fits the bill.

Enjoyable Daily Driver

by BoodlesBlue from York, Pennsylvania on Wed Jun 25 2014

I am an early 30's woman, married (with no children), and we've owned our 2012 Traverse LT for about 5 months now. This is my daily driver, and I love feeling safe and secure during my daily highway trek to work. We've got plenty of room, our dog loves when the 3rd row seating is folded down, and there are times when I'm at my destination but I'd like to keep driving because it's so enjoyable. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a safe SUV.

Very nice car for the family

by Atanu from Tampa on Mon Apr 30 2018

The vehicle is very stable I am using it for past 2 years and haven’t face any problem. Very reliable good for long drive with family.

Traverse

by Loving My Traverse from on Mon Jun 02 2014

Have a 2012 traverse, and have had no problems thus far out of the vehicle. It drives wonderful. Drives like a small suv. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a comfortable suv that is midsize.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2012 Chevrolet Traverse

Editor's note: This review was written in February 2010 about the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the three model years.

As car buyers gravitate away from SUVs and minivans toward three-row crossovers, the Chevy Traverse has become one of GM's biggest successes. Its good looks, winning drivability and interior quality help it compete well with the rest of the class.

For 2010, the Chevy Traverse remains relatively unchanged from the 2009 model reviewed last year, when the crossover was all-new. You can see what's changed between the two here, or read our 2009 review here... Read More