2012 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 24 reviews

I love it!

by from DFW, TX on December 5, 2012

This car is a perfect meeting point between convience of a minivan with the styling of an SUV. The sliding 2nd row allows for an adult to have leg room when in the 3rd row. We opted for the 2nd row bucket seats so 3rd row can be easily accessed with 2 car seats in the 2nd row. Even with 3rd row in use we are able to fit a double stroller (fold flat umbrella) behind the 3rd row. I am the primary driver, although my husband likes that it is not a minivan. There is also a lot of headroom when getting in & out of the vehicle. It doesn't accelerate super fast, but I'm fine with that since I'm not a very aggressive driver and usually have little kids with me.

Great buy, great SUV

by from Memphis, TN on June 15, 2012

Chevy got it right!! A little smaller than the Tahoe, and a little bigger than the Equinox, what a great vehicle!! My wife and I just got a new 2012 Traverse in TwiLight Blue, great color!! Bose Stereo, heated leather, 3 zone climate control, power everything including the liftgate, remote start, backup assist, this really is a very nice vehicle, and not so far out there in price that your average person cannot afford it!! We are loving it!!

So much fun!!!

by from Denver, CO on February 25, 2013

I just got a 2013 and it is amazing for the snow, kids, and all around running. I am constantly impressed with how it handles and how much room we all have.

Family Friendly and Teenager Accepted Vehicle

by from Indpls, IN on October 24, 2013

My children range from the ages of 14 to 4. We have a family of 5 and are constantly on the go. We had a Jeep Commander, which we loved. But the gas mileage was killing our budget. My oldest child liked the Jeep because of its "look". He really didnt want a mini van. But our new Traverse....now he is really in love. Number 1 its not a mini van. Bose speakers, he is able to plug in his Iphone, our younger two children are able to watch movies, everyone has something that they like. I personally like the gas mileage, the handeling of the car, all of the bells and whistles...hands free phone.....heated seats, automatic start. I feel like a lady in this vehicle and yet I still sit up high and can see everything. It even has enough space to take long road trips. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent car

by from Abu Dhabi on October 4, 2015

I am using 2012 model since more than a year now and it has surprised me with comfort, reliability and mileage.

Great Car

by from Butler, KY on July 1, 2013

2012 Traverse LTZ leftover with 250 miles on it. I felt I got a good deal. I have less than 3,000 miles on it now but have been extremely satisfied with performance and handling. It has all the bells and whistles except 4-wheel drive and moon roof. I had been looking for awhile for a vehicle to replace my ten year old van. This eight passenger vehicle fits the bill.

Almost there

by from Cleveland on July 10, 2016

Big vehicle...wow. ..Purchased used 41K miles.. Replaced a Malibu. Bought this for camping trips. We needed more space to store for our tent camping trips. Malibu was just too small to carry what we need. Interior of the Traverse was almost Identical to the Malibu. My only issue was there was no oil pressure gauge. Interior is Good. Comfortable on long highway rides. Seat fabric could be made of better quality. Seats are forgiving and I could drive longer without fatigue. Excellent thigh support. Riding on city/suburban streets are less forgiving. Choppy ride in some cases over concrete roads. Ohio winters cause buckling/uplifting at expansion joints. Confident in snow for the fwd. Probably need to move south. Performance is amazing for this size vehicle. Cornering is like driving like some German cars I have driven. I feel like I am driving a car and not an SUV. Love the V6 , enough power to drive 70+ mph thru the WV turnpike on cruise. Only problem so far, AC condenser in the back. Thank fully covered under Extended warranty. @ 55K miles. Rear backup camera helps too. I look forward to driving this because its so quiet and I feel relaxed after driving it. I Did a brake job on it and did not break my bank. Parts were pricing out like the Malibu.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Very comfortable to drive

by from Decatur, In on March 23, 2013

We bought this vehicle because I rented one to drive from Indiana to Atlanta and it was very comfortable to drive. It had plenty of power and good gas mileage for the 4 adults that were in it.

Great ride, size and power

by from Forest Lake, MN on May 24, 2013

this vehicle preforms very well. i like it's style, size and performance. every time i drive it i really enjoy it!

Handled the road great in a torrential rain!

by from Cookson, Ok on June 26, 2013

Our first road trip was 190 miles. We got caught in a horrendous rain storm. After safely arriving home, we drove through a tornado watch at 1:00 am. Unknown to us, just slowed down, wipers full blast and lights on dim and bright as needed.. Thank God, there was little traffic on the highways. The Traverse was wonderful with it's traction on the road and visibility.