2012 Traverse

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great buy, great SUV

by GIJoe from Memphis, TN on June 15, 2012

Chevy got it right!! A little smaller than the Tahoe, and a little bigger than the Equinox, what a great vehicle!! My wife and I just got a new 2012 Traverse in TwiLight Blue, great color!! Bose Stereo, heated leather, 3 zone climate control, power everything including the liftgate, remote start, backup assist, this really is a very nice vehicle, and not so far out there in price that your average person cannot afford it!! We are loving it!!

Almost there

by Novice reviewer from Cleveland on July 10, 2016

Big vehicle...wow. ..Purchased used 41K miles.. Replaced a Malibu. Bought this for camping trips. We needed more space to store for our tent camping trips. Malibu was just too small to carry what we need. Interior of the Traverse was almost Identical to the Malibu. My only issue was there was no oil pressure gauge. Interior is Good. Comfortable on long highway rides. Seat fabric could be made of better quality. Seats are forgiving and I could drive longer without fatigue. Excellent thigh support. Riding on city/suburban streets are less forgiving. Choppy ride in some cases over concrete roads. Ohio winters cause buckling/uplifting at expansion joints. Confident in snow for the fwd. Probably need to move south. Performance is amazing for this size vehicle. Cornering is like driving like some German cars I have driven. I feel like I am driving a car and not an SUV. Love the V6 , enough power to drive 70+ mph thru the WV turnpike on cruise. Only problem so far, AC condenser in the back. Thank fully covered under Extended warranty. @ 55K miles. Rear backup camera helps too. I look forward to driving this because its so quiet and I feel relaxed after driving it. I Did a brake job on it and did not break my bank. Parts were pricing out like the Malibu.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

So much fun!!!

by carpool mom of 6 from Denver, CO on February 25, 2013

I just got a 2013 and it is amazing for the snow, kids, and all around running. I am constantly impressed with how it handles and how much room we all have.

Family Friendly and Teenager Accepted Vehicle

by Family Friendly and Teenaged Accepted Vehicle from Indpls, IN on October 24, 2013

My children range from the ages of 14 to 4. We have a family of 5 and are constantly on the go. We had a Jeep Commander, which we loved. But the gas mileage was killing our budget. My oldest child liked the Jeep because of its "look". He really didnt want a mini van. But our new Traverse....now he is really in love. Number 1 its not a mini van. Bose speakers, he is able to plug in his Iphone, our younger two children are able to watch movies, everyone has something that they like. I personally like the gas mileage, the handeling of the car, all of the bells and whistles...hands free phone.....heated seats, automatic start. I feel like a lady in this vehicle and yet I still sit up high and can see everything. It even has enough space to take long road trips. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent car

by Shabab from Abu Dhabi on October 4, 2015

I am using 2012 model since more than a year now and it has surprised me with comfort, reliability and mileage.

Enjoyable Daily Driver

by BoodlesBlue from York, Pennsylvania on June 25, 2014

I am an early 30's woman, married (with no children), and we've owned our 2012 Traverse LT for about 5 months now. This is my daily driver, and I love feeling safe and secure during my daily highway trek to work. We've got plenty of room, our dog loves when the 3rd row seating is folded down, and there are times when I'm at my destination but I'd like to keep driving because it's so enjoyable. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a safe SUV.

Great Car

by Lee from Butler, KY on July 1, 2013

2012 Traverse LTZ leftover with 250 miles on it. I felt I got a good deal. I have less than 3,000 miles on it now but have been extremely satisfied with performance and handling. It has all the bells and whistles except 4-wheel drive and moon roof. I had been looking for awhile for a vehicle to replace my ten year old van. This eight passenger vehicle fits the bill.

Love my Chevrolet Traverse

by Ida dutton from Avis PA on July 20, 2017

I love this car!!! It's got lots of room but not as big as my Chevrolet Suburban which I also love. I travel with grandkids a lot and always for trips to Canada for vacation I have always taken the Suburban. My Traverse I have named my mini Suburban. It is fantastic for everyday trips since 6 of my nine grandkids are over 17 yrs old now and you never know when you may have the pleasure of them traveling with me anymore now that they all drive!!!

Traverse

by Loving My Traverse from on June 2, 2014

Have a 2012 traverse, and have had no problems thus far out of the vehicle. It drives wonderful. Drives like a small suv. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a comfortable suv that is midsize.

love my new suv

by star from Winston Salem,NC on February 12, 2013

Owned a mini van for 10 yrs but now that I have a traverse I love the fact that I dont have sliding doors anymore. I love the roomieness and all the cup holders.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7