NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2013 Traverse

2013 Chevrolet Traverse

2013 Chevrolet Traverse

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2013 Chevrolet Traverse?

Impressive!

by First Time Chevy Owner from Minnetonka, MN on Thu Aug 15 2013

I just bought a 2013 Chevy Traverse and I love this car. I'm typically a Ford person, but the Chevy Traverse won me over. Very classy car with all the bells and whistles! Handles great on the road, plenty of room and good gas mileage. This is a very impressive car!

Nice Family Hauler

by FamilyHauler from Fremont, OH on Wed Sep 11 2013

My wife and I had to replace our 2009 Traverse due to an accident that totaled the vehicle. We really enjoyed our 2009 outside of the homely looking rear end, and the new styling of the 2013-2014 fixed that. I checked consumer reports, and the vehicle is a recommended model...in fact the highest rated Large SUV available. We purchased a 1LT trim in champaign silver and it's a very nice vehicle. The rearview mirror backup camera is now integrated into the center console - and has a larger view. Overall the interior is a lot nicer than our 2009, and shifting is a lot smoother, as well. One small complaint is the rear cargo bin carpet quality, which seems to trap every grain of sand. It is a pretty large vehicle, but my wife doesn't have any complaints handling.

Beware of break & traction controll

by SG427 from Battle Creek on Wed Sep 27 2017

I love my Traverse, unfortunately I am having issues with the traction control acting up causing issues while I drive. Also the breaks are grinding and not catching, the dealership claims there is nothing wrong. I've done some research to find this is very common with this model.

Does not recommend this car!!

Good vehicle that is almost great

by Austin from Provo, UT on Wed Feb 10 2016

I really like my 2013 Traverse LS. I got an amazing deal on it. I bought it used and it looked great when I bought it (still does) The SUV is a good one. I would of given it 5 stars if it wasn't for a few things. I will first start with the Pros - Really comfortable -Great ride, takes bumps well -AWD Works great in the snow - A lot of space, Plenty of leg room in the second and third row. I'm 6'2" and can fit comfortably in the third row. No other SUV in it's class comes close to the space. Cons Disclaimer first, I bought this used in 2015. It was two years old with 18,000 miles. - The transmission is not as smooth as other vehicles I've driven. I'm not sure if there is something wrong with it. But it's not very smooth -The door handles on the inside are squeaky. Those are really the only two issues I have with it. It's a great SUV, and my issues with it might be just a used SUV problem. I recommend this vehicle. Very comfortable and a lot of room.

Great Car and Something To Be Proud Of Too Boot!

by Mike from Missouri from Park Hills, Missouri. on Tue Apr 08 2014

Decided to buy our last new vehicle before we retire, I have three Chevys in the drive and as always this Chevy Traverse lives up to our expectations! We got the eight passenger option and absolutely love it. It drives and handles like you can only hope one would. It is Quiet, Smooth, Comfortable and has all the creature features that one needs to feel pampered. The overabundance of AIR BAGS keeps you safer than almost all the other SUVs out there, and that is based on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Onstar makes me feel at ease when my wife is out and about by herself. I have had the Traverse ten months now and would buy it again in a heart beat. It really helped to have such a great dealer experience also.(Turnner Chevrolet - Park Hills, Mo.) Thanks GM for rounding out my driving history with another great product!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

by Lawerence from Blaine,MN on Sun Jul 14 2013

We bought a 2013 Traverse 1LT a week ago and we couldn't be happier with it. It's a very smooth ride and is very roomy. We traded in our 2004 dodge stratus and riding and driving the traverse is like driving/riding in a brand new Cadillac

2013 Chev Traverse

by Tall Lady Loves Tall Car from Dayton, OH on Tue May 07 2013

Being a 6' tall woman who wears 5" heels every day makes it difficult to find a car with enough room to accomodate comfortably. I found that the Traverse is extremely comfortable and I don't even have to put the seat all the way back making it great for any passenger sitting behind me - thought this would have been unheard of! I love my Traverse - it's huge inside, has everything my family needs. I opted for just the basics, which are def an upgrade from my 2003 PT GT in some ways, but i do miss the leather and sunroof the most. I know those out there that can afford the LTZ are loving life!!

Great SUV!!!

by Dude from Louisiana on Wed Jul 24 2013

VERY Roomy, comfortable, and packed with great features for the money. The rear view backup camera is amazing! MyLink is a dream!

Love this RIDE-seats 7 comfortably

by Marmar from Boulder City Nevada on Sun Sep 08 2013

My new Traverse is exactly what I had hoped to own. I shopped many different cars searching for the most comfortable 7 seat SUV. The Traverse fit the ticket. it is beautiful and seats seven adults comfortably ( women or smaller stature men in back row). With captains chair seating in the second row, the ease of getting into the last row is a breeze and a taller adult could sit in the middle position in back row beacause of maximum leg room between captains chairs. I feel so much safer using my backing-up screen to exit parking spaces and driveways. The FINDLAY CHEVROLET dealership was personnel were friendly without being pushing and they were very professional. Thank you FINDLAY and Matt and Mike--you're the best!

Excellent handling and comfort -AC design not good

by bubba from Portland, OR on Sat Feb 15 2014

I'm an avid renter of cars to go on road trips. What that means is I have experienced many new cars. The 2013 Traverse (LT1) Automatic with AWD I bought (and comes with M+S tires, meaning it's basically all weather, mud and snow), my number one praise is handling. I love the turn radius, the comfortable seating, the comfortable handling on the roads, both in snow, ice, rain etc., the quietness. During snow time, I watched a bunch of people get stuck and slide all over. I drove without chains, just with the traction tires that came with my Traverse, and it was so nice not getting in trouble like others. Other SUVs I've rented such as Ford Explorers, Ford Escape, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota RAV4, Honda Pilot, etc. do not compare to the handling the Traverse offers. I especially hated the RAV4's handling. The Honda Pilot was ok. I even drove it up and down a steep rocky road, about a quarter mile in length, with boulders the size of computer monitors. It handled that just fine. The only thing I noticed was the temperature went up to about 70% or so while I was driving slowly upwards. I only have three beefs, all related. First beef: The junk AC turns off when it gets cold (close to freezing temp). That means you turn on the heater to clear the fogged up windows and you can't turn on the AC to help. Japanese cars are designed to use the AC to help with the heater in the winter time so you don't get into an accident because you can't see through your windows. I read that this is by design, to protect the AC unit, but what the khell GM, learn how to design a better unit. I miss my Honda's AC unit. 2nd Beef: The entire air unit (AC/Heat etc.) suddenly did not work at all twice. It was random times. You turn the knobs and NOTHING happens. NOTHING. This can go on for 10 mins or so. Then it magically comes back on by itself. Again, twice now after a year of owning the car, and after about 13k miles. Seriously? 3rd Beef: American cars are not-so-smartly designed so you can smell the stink outside, the smog, the smelly cars, everything. Once you turn the knob on the air unit to defrost the windshield, it automatically turns the RECYCLE air off and lets air come from outside. I know it does this to help defrost, but that's not the point. So if you need to defrost the windows and there's a smelly car in front of you, or you're traveling in an area that smells, you've got to choose between your life and driving with fogged up windows, or smell it. American car designers are not that smart I swear. I miss my Honda. My Honda did that too, but I was able to OVERRIDE the button and press it. The Traverse does not allow you to override. If you have no sense of smell, then ignore this part of the review. This stupid "feature" is enough to make me not want to purchase an American car. The only reason I'm keeping the Traverse is due to the good handling. If it were not for that, I wouldn't take a glance at this car or any American cars. GM, learn how to make your AC units. That can mean the difference between $40k or not

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2013 Chevrolet Traverse

In Cars.com’s comparison test of 2012 full-size crossover SUVs with three rows of seats, the 2012 Chevrolet Traverse took second place behind the Honda Pilot by a margin of just 12 points — out of a possible thousand. What was the most common complaint? Interior quality. For 2013, Chevrolet has updated the Traverse’s interior, exterior and a few other aspects to bring it up to date.

Thanks to a number of small upgrades, the redesigned 2013 Chevrolet Traverse can stand up to any model in its class — though it depends on how you equip it.

The 2013 Traverse, which can seat seven or eight, retains its earlier strengths — key among them its generous size. “Car-based” SUVs... Read More