NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2017 Traverse

2017 Chevrolet Traverse

2017 Chevrolet Traverse

Have You Driven the 2017 Chevrolet Traverse?

Comfortable and Economical

by Amber & David from Erie, PA on Thu Apr 27 2017

Fitting for our growing family, we have plenty of space even with 3 car seats. Interior is kid friendly but enough entertainment and style for us adults.

Love the Traverse!

by Carol G. from Middleville, MI on Thu Mar 30 2017

I owned a 2009 Traverse and recently purchased a 2017 Traverse. The ride is quiet and comfortable. Even with seven people in the vehicle, it feels roomy. The 2017 model has been upgraded to include the backup camera and other safety features. There are also three USB outlets that are handy for charging electronics. I highly recommend the Traverse to anyone in the market for a crossover or SUV.

She's a beauty

by Ross Walters from SW Michigan on Fri Jun 23 2017

I gave my 2009 Ford Edge to my struggling (but working) son and his wife so they would have a decent vehicle to use. Only 80k miles and garage kept it literally looked and drove like a new car. Even with only Front-Wheel drive it handled beautifully on snow covered roads and in rainstorms. Got fairly good gas mileage too at 26 freeway but only 15-16 in city driving. But what can you do the kids are in need and I can afford it so I bought a 2017 Chevy Traverse 1LT AWD w/Siren Red Tintcoat. It's just plain beautiful and the (little bit of) woodgrain inside the interior shines & reflects in sunlight like jeweled teakwood. Heated seats, trailering package, & 2nd row bucket seats (instead of bench) for passenger comfort but a 3rd row bench when/if needed...we're ready to travel! I've been all over this vehicle with a fine-tooth comb and the fit & finish is excellent. Doors are easy to close, power seats work great, and it's really nice to have a trip computer & vehicle information center (oil life, fuel economy, outside temperature, etc) The rear hatchback door is heavy & a struggle to close for a short person like my wife. Plenty of room behind the 3rd seat for groceries & even luggage if needed. Doesn't sit too high off the ground so entry & exit is easy for the vertically challenged. Could have opted for 20" tires but having driven the 18" I thought they gave a smoother - quieter ride. Seems those 2" are more rim and less rubber making the ride bumpier. Not to mention replacing 20" tires runs approx. $1,000 for decent quality while 18" costs about half that price. 18" are 'massive' wheels for a crossover. Besides, this isn't an off-road vehicle. The Traverse doesn't have the 'pep' my 3.5 liter V-6 Edge had (a smaller lighter vehicle) but there's just enough oomph to keep up with traffic without having to be a lead foot so I would say the engine provides just enough power to do the job. I'd be hesitant to tow a large load with this small engine. If you have a travel trailer buy a Silverado, not a crossover. The engine compartment of this vehicle is not designed for the average do-it-yourselfer. But truth is Walmart charges $16.95 for a Quaker State oil change which is cheaper than you could do it yourself so why bother? With incentives received $6,500 off the MSRP so paid a decent price. Unless mine proves to be a lemon I plan to keep this vehicle for many years - probably ten years. That will average out to $300 per month for a classy, comfortable, and hopefully reliable ride which isn't too bad.

Nishia

by TD from Michigan on Tue Mar 28 2017

I love my new Traverse. Upgraded from an Equinox, which I loved also. But I was needing more room. This is a very solid vehicle and has a stylish interior!

Love my Traverse

by Love my ride from Henderson MN on Tue Apr 04 2017

I absolutely love our traverse and when my old one died I just had to buy another one as it fits our families needs with comfort and room.

Only car i will ever get

by Traverse Lover from Pittsford, NY 14534 on Mon May 01 2017

This is our 2nd time leasing a Chevy Traverse. It is perfect for our needs. It has the 8 passenger capability. We love everything about it!

Traverse Premier

by Isa teach tina kelly from Chicago, IL on Sat Mar 25 2017

Gorgeous vehicle, very roomy! All the bells and whistles. The screen is smaller than what I'm used to but the other perks make up for that. I'm looking forward to rolling into a 2019 in a couple of years with the push button start.

One of the best SUVs

by Motown Mechanic from DETROIT, mi on Wed Jan 10 2018

I own this vehicle. One of the more stylish SUVs. Very roomy. Excellent pickup and go. No complaints except I liked the transmission on my 2011 Impala better.

Best car we have owned so far.

by Barchet from Waterloo,IL on Fri Mar 30 2018

We love it. It rides so nice and is big enough to haul family and other things we need. The value is exceptional for the price.

Spacious vehicle

by J. Lewis from Southfield on Tue Mar 28 2017

The vehicle have multiple use. I have both comfort and style for my family. The features inside the car are totally user friendly.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Our Take on the 2017 Chevrolet Traverse

The verdict:

The 2016 Chevrolet Traverse offers generous cargo space and passenger room, but truck-like handling and an irritating multimedia system are major weaknesses.

Versus the competition:

When it comes to things like diamonds and vacations, bigger is almost always better. When it comes to three-row SUVs, that's not always the case — especially where Chevrolet is concerned.

In Cars.com's $40,000 Three-Row SUV Challenge, the 2014 Traverse went head-to-head with several rivals — including the Toyota Highlander, Dodge Durango and Hyundai Santa Fe — and landed at the bottom of the pack. For 2016, the only change of note is the addition of standard 4G LTE connectivity and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality (data subscription required). Compare the 2015 and 2016 Traverse models here, and see how the Traverse compares against three of its competitors here.

Editor’s note: This review was written in October 2015 about the 2016 Traverse, but little has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Exterior & Styling

Imitation is the trend in the three-row SUV class, with many shared styling cues homogenizing the segment. The Traverse is no exception. It wears a broad version of the brand’s trademark grille and the sloping roofline and shapely silhouette popular with the rest of the class. The overall look is clean and polished, if unexciting.

How It Drives

The Traverse is big and drives like it; it’s heavy and has a larger turning... Read More