2018 Traverse

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

2018 Traverse 1LT

by AndrewH on October 16, 2017

I recently traded in my 2010 Terrain for the 2018 Traverse 1LT FWD. I absolutely love my new Traverse. The exterior and interior of the new Traverse is defiantly an eye catcher and looks sophisticated. I'm 6'2 and I am so comfortable when I'm driving. I'm a big guy and it has all the comfort and room I need. It handles surprisingly well, around sharp turns and on dirt roads it's awesome. Fuel economy, well I think it could be better. It's worse then I thought it was going to be BUT it is a pretty large SUV. The start/stop technology should definitely have the option to be turned off, it activates at the oddest times and is something you have to get used to. Overal, I rate my new Traverse a 8/10.

Still getting used to auto stop/start

by DB from Huntington Beach, CA on November 4, 2017

This vehicle is the perfect size inside and out. 7 seats with plenty of leg room. Easy access to 3rd row through center of bucket middle row seating. Large cargo, with additional storage compartment. 3rd row challenge to lay flat when middle row seats are all the way back. Driver needs a place for a purse. Gold stitching on jet black interior is not attractive (in my opinion). Jet black/dark galvanized interior is very nice. Exterior is very attractive. Wish auto stop/start could be turned off. It will take a while to get used to this feature. This feature is also inconsistent. Rear camera display defect on first day of ownership. 6 days from purchase to diagnose, receive part and replace. Overall, very nice to drive. Engine a little on the loud side. Drives great on the highway. Good acceleration in comparison to my 2010 GMC Acadia.

Worst car ever, breaks fail 2x in first 5500 mi

by rjohn1 on May 19, 2018

High country package is great, but break failures at 2200 miles @ 55 MPH and again at 5500 @ 35 MPH in traffic make this vehicle unsafe for everyone on the road.

Does not recommend this car!!

LOVE, minus stop/start

by Teetsiepoo from Orlando, Florida on December 7, 2017

I absolutely LOVE my 2018 Traverse! It is spacious and easy to maneuver both inside and out. I am disappointed that I cannot turn of the stop/start technology. I have this fear that all this restarting will wear down my engine faster. Fingers crossed it doesn't; Hered to future technology!

LOVE, minus stop/start

by Teetsiepoo from Orlando, Florida on December 7, 2017

Love my new traverse

by Kristi1006 from Wilmington, DE on October 8, 2017

The 2018 Traverse drives smooth. It has a roomy interior and is great on gas! There is plenty of cargo space also even when 3rd row is in use.

A Pleasure to Drive

by Never Thought I'd Buy A Chevy from Canandaigua, NY on November 2, 2017

This car comes as close to my perfect car as I have ever had. There are some minor complaints I have. (1) The overall size and styling of the car is tops, but the view through the rear window is obstructed due to a short height and small surface area. (2) No HD Radio. (3) Windshield wipers are not rain sensing, only fixed intermittent selections. (4) Navigation system lacks any features beyond the very basic. My last car provided the posted speed limit, "bread crumb" trail showing roads traversed, and a high resolution map. I will be using Google Maps and skip the built-in mapping. (5) Engine noise from shifting up through low and mid gears sounds a bit excessive as it revs up RPM's on acceleration. Also, backing out of my driveway up a hill sounds so loud it's like a Harley engine that alerts drivers that I'm coming through. I'm not disappointed. Those are improvements that should be made, but it is still the best car I've ever owned. Maybe the best I've ever driven. I've only driven about 200 miles, so I hope my satisfaction is not diminished over time.

Acadia owner buys new Traverse

by Neal M. from WA on November 11, 2017

Love almost everything about this new Traverse. Exterior looks very styling, cargo space is incredible, plenty of leg room for all passenger and the 9 speed transmission is very smooth.

Noisiest car I've owned

by Chevy Man from toledo ohio on December 29, 2017

I really do love everything about our new Traverse , but the road noise we took our first long trip with it seemed like there wasn't anything between us and road you could hear the tires singing , uneven pavement felt like front wheels where going to fall off or there were no shocks on it . had to turn up the radio to drown out road noise , Around the city happy with it .

Power and Looks

by get me there from Blanding, UT on December 20, 2017

My new Traverse is beautiful, powerful, and so far, very reliable. I love it! It's large enough for my tall husband to travel comfortably. The four wheel drive button sold me on this vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18