2018 Chevrolet Traverse consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Traverse Chevrolet
Explore the 2018 Traverse Chevrolet
Shop the 2018 Traverse Chevrolet

Great car so far

Very spacious, I have 3 kids (two are teens) and a doberman. We all fit with plenty of room left over. Powerful and quiet, infotainment system is above average. No complaints.

Excellent replacement for our aging 2012 Acadia.

We loved our old Acadia but the new ones have less cargo carrying capacity. We bought the Traverse because it had the most cargo capacity of any SUV without going to a truck chassis. We love our new Traverse.

Most reliable car I have ever own.

This car meets all my needs for I have three children and they are all boys so the room is so important for me, space.

2.9

Looks good but ready to get rid of it

Nice looks and space for a mid-sized SUV but there are too many issues with this vehicle for me to recommend. Ever since we got it, the tailgate button intermittently quits working, but it can't be fixed as it's not replicable enough for the dealership to identify the problem and it doesn't throw errors. At about 5000 miles the center console had to be replaced because it started warping. The interior started out quiet but now has several small squeaks and rattles. The manual gear select button doesn't always work (it's no longer under warranty), which is a common problem with these vehicles due to a bad wire connection. At 49,000 miles the alternator died. Shortly after that was fixed, the stereo touch screen went blank for about 15 seconds (luckily, it only did this once... so far). At 2200 RPMs there is a very loud engine drone due to the exhaust resonance. It's a common defect with the Traverse, but it's nothing GM will address. The ride is good on very smooth roads, but bone jarring on anything else. I find the seats to be uncomfortable for trips lasting more than 2 hours. I love the space in the Traverse, but after owning one for 50,000 miles I've had enough. I expected more for the price, and I'm quite disappointed in the overall quality. From here on out I'll stick to driving GMs as rental cars.

Roomy, Great Value, Comfortable and Quiet Ride

I wanted a Tahoe but couldn't justify the steep price. Looked at the Traverse and I was hooked. Love the styling. I have to like/love the outside first, otherwise I move on to something else. I couldn't believe the interior room. Nearly as roomy as the same year Tahoe. Excellent dash graphics and logically laid out. Functional and easy on the eyes. My LT has most of the bells and whistles you will ever need. I really like the second row bucket seats. You can adjust them front to rear and they recline too. All LED interior lighting. I found the fit and finish of the interior to be very good. Interior storage space is very good. I especially like the under floor storage compartment behind the 3rd row seating. It is so quiet you can barely hear the engine when running. It has more than adequate acceleration, stops very well and the handling is crisp and very responsive. My only negative comment would be that the front seat bottoms seem to be a bit small in area. Otherwise I'm very happy with my purchase.

Good value for the money

Traded in our Equinox for the Traverse. Wanted more room since I'm 6'1". Very roomy and comfortable. Vert satisfied with it so far. The wife has claimed it for her. I might get to drive it someday!!

2.3

WORST CAR EVER......... PERIOD!!!!!

19000,IN FOR MECHANICAL ISSUES 15 TIMES.TRANSMISSION HARD SHIFTING ,NO SHIFTING.LCD SCREEN GOES BLACK,STILL NOT FIXED,CLEAR COAT PEELING OFF WHEELS,CHROME PEELING OF ROOF RACK,ELECTRICAL ISSUES,DOES NOT NOW WHEN CAR IS IN PARK,BELLS GO OFF,LIGHTS FLASHING,HAVE TO RESTART CAR ,SHIFT TO DRIVE AND BACK INTO PARK,CONTINUE THIS UNTIL ECU ACKNOWLEDGE IN PARK, CONDENSATION IN TAIL LIGHT,NASTY SMELL FROM AC SYSTEM

4.1

All around good performance- so far (36,000miles)

Great so far...but...I wish it wasn't so jerky between shifts, the auto stop feature is annoying and not great gas milage (21 combined). For $52,000 ( I have the High Country model) there should be a remote keyless entry panel on the door-there isn't.

Love this truck ! Perfect for me

Think it’s a great vehicle so happy I found it with basil Depew they are great to deal with and make it so easy! Thank you basil family

2.7

Wish I never bought it

This car has been causing lots of issues for us. Have had tranny reprogrammed around 57000 kms, both sway bar links replaced within months of each other, now it needs a new emission canister replaced($700 out of my pocket). Rattles in the front dash, center console leather is bubbling and not covered. This what I can remember off top of head. Would not suggest anyone buying one of these cars. I won't buy Chev products ever again.