Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2015 Trax

2015 Chevrolet Trax

2015 Chevrolet Trax

4.5

Have You Driven the 2015 Chevrolet Trax?

My First SUV

by amandam327 from Albany, NY on Sat Aug 22 2015

I was recently in the market for a new vehicle and was interested in looking at the compact SUV options. This was the first car I test drove, and after test driving several more options, it became clear that this car had the most of what I was looking for at the best price. The good: - extremely easy to handle and park, especially for an SUV - good visibility for an SUV - backup camera - comfortable, fairly quiet ride - good gas mileage - techy features like Bluetooth and On-Star - USB port - nice exterior styling - lots of cup holders! The bad: - trunk is extremely small; we recently took this car on vacation and it was impossible to fit two full-size rolling suitcases in the trunk - poor acceleration on the highway, especially with A/C on - cruise control does NOT come standard on the base model; you must upgrade to whatever the midrange model is called (??) - no center console between the driver and passenger seats Overall, I am extremely happy with this car and would purchase again.

Great car for my dogs

by Dog lover from Las Vegas,nv on Wed Feb 17 2016

I was looking for a fuel efficient SUV for my 2 big dogs, and the Trax is perfect for them. I can fold the back seats and can fold the passenger front seat as well. Not all SUV have foldable front passenger seats. Love the fact that I have that option. Las

Love it!!

by Truck Gal from New York on Tue May 26 2015

I traded in my Nissan Rogue for the Chevy Trax and I'm so happy that I did! The 17 inch difference in length makes parking so much easier. The car is not as huge as the Rogue but the inside is deceiving! Lots of spacious room. Not sure why people are saying bad things about this car. In the week I've been driving it, I can say that the ride is great, the comfort is amazing, and the smaller size is terrific!

Great Compact SUV

by MGM from Tampa-Brandon metro area, Fl on Sun Feb 21 2016

My wife's 2003 Saturn Vue was retired after a lifetime as a working mule when we discovered the Chevy Trax. We were a bit nervous as it was it's first model year out, but so far we've not been disappointed. Our LTZ is now 10K miles in and we get a steady reliable 30-35 mpg. Heated seats w/ lumbar support are great since we've both had back surgery. Very comfortable. Easy to maneuver with light steering and a smooth ride. Accelerates nicely once you realize you have to push the pedal a tiny bit further than you may be used to. All the expected tech is there - the thing will even email you once a month w/ a self-diagnostic. Cargo space is smaller but it hasn't hindered us when we shop at wholesale clubs. If you are a good Tetris player, you'll be fine. If you go on vacations with lots of luggage, it may not be the best choice for you. Only downside is the lack of a center console but there is plenty of other storage - just takes a little getting used to. Overall, we really love it.

Best Compact SUV

by Al from Colorado Springs on Sat Dec 26 2015

When I went to look at a different compact SUV's I looked over several of them including the Honda HR-V. I heard a lot of good about several of them. The Chevy Trax LT AWD came with several option as standard others where charging hundreds for. I took a test drive and I found it to be a smooth drive, good acceleration and great handling. I was driving a Chevy Sonic LT Turbo 6 speed manual and O loved the engine, It had great performance and awesome gas mileage and when I found out that the Trax I was looking at had the same exact Turbo 1.4 Liter engine that explained the performance on the Trax. The only thing miss in the Trax is the 6 speed manual it only comes 6 speed automatic but having the extras such as the backup camera, AWD and 7 inch touch screen with On Star makes up for it. If your looking for a compact SUV I would say this is one I would definitely recommend. Thank you to the sales person at the dealership I am more than happy with my Trax.

Lots of computer issues

by tom from ohio on Fri Apr 07 2017

Lots of computer issues makes the Trax unreliable; sound system continually cuts out. The Chevy dealer and the Chevy on line customer assistance will not address the issue.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great AWD SUV

by Love my Chevy from New Jersey on Tue Mar 17 2015

My first AWD SUV. Love it. Great gas mileage , with the turbo engine it has a good pick up and rides great on the highway. There are 3 models to choose from and they are all great. The dealer was great and I was pretty impressed . I have been a volkswegon girl for years and this is my first American car . Its great in the snow and handles well. Go test drive the car you will be pretty impressed , its the smaller version of the Equinox. I give it a 5 star.

my firebird is the best care I have owned

by Lynn from on Wed Nov 16 2016

I bought my chevy track new in 2015 it is a nice car but already having problems 3 recalls a battery that was about to explode and now my latest is blown gaskets cracked piston rings and more. Was told both time a manufacturer problem. Now when I get it back from being fixed I am a little nerves about traveling in it

Does not recommend this car!!

Good ride

by Tom from 43010 on Wed Nov 25 2015

No problems have not owned it long. Definitely the lowest price suv. Rides good awd works good have to watch the speed. Use cruise to keep it down. plenty of room for 4 adults

Love this car!!

by Nellie Red from Beecher, Illinois on Mon Jul 06 2015

I absolutely LOVE my Chevy Trax! It's so easy to handle, smooth ride. Could be a little more comfortable but it's ok.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2015 Chevrolet Trax

Gone are the days when "SUV" meant "big" and "subcompact" meant "hatchback or sedan." Automakers are now rolling a line of crossovers and SUVs out into the munchkin body-type end of the market.

With its 2015 Trax, Chevrolet has offered up a tiny SUV with exceptional visibility, good interior room and a surprisingly large cargo area, but pokey acceleration — especially with optional all-wheel drive.

The Trax is offered in base LS trim as well as LT and LTZ versions. Each model uses the same 138-horsepower, turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine and six-speed automatic transmission. Each trim also has the option of front- or all-wheel drive. Prices range from $20,995 for an LS... Read More