2015 Chevrolet Trax Consumer Reviews

2015 Chevrolet Trax
Average based on 15 reviews

Perfect car for us

by from Chicago area and Ft. Myers Beach Fl on August 22, 2015

I bought this vehicle a few weeks ago. Traded in a Camaro. The visibility is great, has a good ride and good mieage. We already have a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium and the Trax really compliment that as a second vehicle. This is a great car for the older crowd too, with its ease of entry and exit. I could not find any compact SUV that has the same value in terms of price and ride. This would also be a great suv for any budget minded empty nesters, singles, or young couples. The ride is very impressive for a short wheelbase vehicle.

Good ride

by from 43010 on November 25, 2015

No problems have not owned it long. Definitely the lowest price suv. Rides good awd works good have to watch the speed. Use cruise to keep it down. plenty of room for 4 adults

Great car for my dogs

by from Las Vegas,nv on February 17, 2016

I was looking for a fuel efficient SUV for my 2 big dogs, and the Trax is perfect for them. I can fold the back seats and can fold the passenger front seat as well. Not all SUV have foldable front passenger seats. Love the fact that I have that option. Las

Great Compact SUV

by from Tampa-Brandon metro area, Fl on February 21, 2016

My wife's 2003 Saturn Vue was retired after a lifetime as a working mule when we discovered the Chevy Trax. We were a bit nervous as it was it's first model year out, but so far we've not been disappointed. Our LTZ is now 10K miles in and we get a steady reliable 30-35 mpg. Heated seats w/ lumbar support are great since we've both had back surgery. Very comfortable. Easy to maneuver with light steering and a smooth ride. Accelerates nicely once you realize you have to push the pedal a tiny bit further than you may be used to. All the expected tech is there - the thing will even email you once a month w/ a self-diagnostic. Cargo space is smaller but it hasn't hindered us when we shop at wholesale clubs. If you are a good Tetris player, you'll be fine. If you go on vacations with lots of luggage, it may not be the best choice for you. Only downside is the lack of a center console but there is plenty of other storage - just takes a little getting used to. Overall, we really love it.

My First SUV

by from Albany, NY on August 22, 2015

I was recently in the market for a new vehicle and was interested in looking at the compact SUV options. This was the first car I test drove, and after test driving several more options, it became clear that this car had the most of what I was looking for at the best price. The good: - extremely easy to handle and park, especially for an SUV - good visibility for an SUV - backup camera - comfortable, fairly quiet ride - good gas mileage - techy features like Bluetooth and On-Star - USB port - nice exterior styling - lots of cup holders! The bad: - trunk is extremely small; we recently took this car on vacation and it was impossible to fit two full-size rolling suitcases in the trunk - poor acceleration on the highway, especially with A/C on - cruise control does NOT come standard on the base model; you must upgrade to whatever the midrange model is called (??) - no center console between the driver and passenger seats Overall, I am extremely happy with this car and would purchase again.

Best Compact SUV

by from Colorado Springs on December 26, 2015

When I went to look at a different compact SUV's I looked over several of them including the Honda HR-V. I heard a lot of good about several of them. The Chevy Trax LT AWD came with several option as standard others where charging hundreds for. I took a test drive and I found it to be a smooth drive, good acceleration and great handling. I was driving a Chevy Sonic LT Turbo 6 speed manual and O loved the engine, It had great performance and awesome gas mileage and when I found out that the Trax I was looking at had the same exact Turbo 1.4 Liter engine that explained the performance on the Trax. The only thing miss in the Trax is the 6 speed manual it only comes 6 speed automatic but having the extras such as the backup camera, AWD and 7 inch touch screen with On Star makes up for it. If your looking for a compact SUV I would say this is one I would definitely recommend. Thank you to the sales person at the dealership I am more than happy with my Trax.

Love it!!

by from New York on May 26, 2015

I traded in my Nissan Rogue for the Chevy Trax and I'm so happy that I did! The 17 inch difference in length makes parking so much easier. The car is not as huge as the Rogue but the inside is deceiving! Lots of spacious room. Not sure why people are saying bad things about this car. In the week I've been driving it, I can say that the ride is great, the comfort is amazing, and the smaller size is terrific!

Great AWD SUV

by from New Jersey on March 17, 2015

My first AWD SUV. Love it. Great gas mileage , with the turbo engine it has a good pick up and rides great on the highway. There are 3 models to choose from and they are all great. The dealer was great and I was pretty impressed . I have been a volkswegon girl for years and this is my first American car . Its great in the snow and handles well. Go test drive the car you will be pretty impressed , its the smaller version of the Equinox. I give it a 5 star.

OOPS

by from Washington on October 25, 2015

Bad mileage coupled with sluggish performance. Made a mistake. The tires are not very good either. Hope it at least lasts for a while.

it's new let's just wait and see

by from Philadelphia, Pa on July 21, 2015

So far it's a great car, has a lot of great things about it.The size it perfect for me since I have bad knees.