2016 Chrysler 200

long time chrysler /dodge owner. the chrysler 200

by from dundalk , maryland on August 30, 2016

Nicest looking chrysler 200 to date. ride is a little noisy and rough but overall pleasant. dashboard features are at your fingertips and informative and very colorful. car is very roomy. this is the nicest chrysler / dodge car i have ever owned. i have owned chrysler cars since 1964 and will be a chrysler owner here on out. congrats chrysler corp. keep up the good work on turning out competitive cars at good prices.

Cheap/Falls Apart/Unreliable

by from Cincinnati, OH on February 11, 2016

I bought the most expensive 2016 200c with every option available plus the extended warranty. Car was great for a month or two then stuff started happening. The adaptive cruise control sensors on front of car have plastic covers that go around them. One fell off, took it to dealer and they said there was never one there and it wasn't covered under warranty. Next the leather started to separate on passenger seat, only 5k miles and 4 months old. Took to dealer they submitted it to Chrysler who denied the claim and said it wasn't under warranty. I called customer care who said there was nothing they could do about it. Will never again buy from a Chrysler or from that dealer.

Chrysler 200

by from El Paso, Texas on March 7, 2016

Very reliable mid size sedan. Mileage and handling excellent. Wide 8" wheels and low profile tires makes for a rougher ride. Huge trunk space is a plus. Interior is big enough for 4 and too small for ...
Very reliable mid size sedan. Mileage and handling excellent. Wide 8" wheels and low profile tires makes for a rougher ride. Huge trunk space is a plus. Interior is big enough for 4 and too small for 5.

The smoothest car I've ever had

by from raleigh nc on June 8, 2016

I love this car.....its very smooth and drives nice. Im still learning every thing about it but everything is going good so far. Thanks julie chasse

This car is a nightmare

by from Williston, ND, USA on April 17, 2017

I bought the car in March 2016. We paid $31,000 it is now booked for $11,000. There are no dents or anything like that. It just went down that much. So because of that I can not get it refinanced. The shifter is a knob on the center console next to the fan knob. If you are not use to driving it, it is an accident waiting to happen. The driver's seat takes forever to move just right to be a fraction comfortable. The updates are constant where you have to take it to dealer ship and have them done. The updates are for the radio, heating/ac, and all the electrical components. The front seat is very cramped on long drives. Your back starts to hurt and when you get out your legs are numb for a moment. The rear view mirror is in the way on the windshield so you can't see to the right for traffic. Poor design. I feel as if I was pushed into buying it because my credit was just under good. I paid off my credit and was told no one would touch the refinance even the dealership where I was told they would trade it in for something else. Yeah. They would give me $11,000 for it off my loan then take the rest that I still owe and put it on new vehicle. No bank will touch that because if I let the car go the bank is out WAY more than they will EVER get back. If you have bad credit and you can wait a few months please pay off your credit and then try to get a truck. They keep their value better than this car ever will. Oh and at 10,000 miles my check engine light came on. I took it in and it is a part that controls the heat. Needless to say I went from December till now with no heat and the dealership didn't offer me a different vehicle or anything. The part is on back order. There are 500 vehicles in this area that have this problem. Nice huh? Mopar and Chrysler for you.

Great car - horrid entertainment system

by from Foley Alabama on August 8, 2016

2016 200 Limited Chrome edition. The car is amazing. Its got all the gadgets and features. It drives smooth, hardly any road noise. Its like a spaceship inside. I've got the 8in touch display with backup camera. This is where it takes a turn for the worse. The voice to text system forces a signature on your texts that adds "Sent from my Chrysler Uconnect." There is no way to opt out of the advertising. I've driven other cars brands with similar tech and there are no signatures. The Navigation system is also something to the effect of $600 with painful dealership visited updates you need to have put on. Where as I've already got Google maps on my phone - its free with some data usage and has easy to use updates. I've driven other cars that will even take your map - through the USB connection - and put it on the screen - FOR FREE. The Wi-Fi in the car is spotty and serviced by...boost china cellular? Its spotty and slow at best. My 4g connection is stronger and faster. Its more of a hassle to use the iffy 3g on the car and not worth the price.

Excellent car

by from NW Wisconsin on March 2, 2016

Love this car! Ride is great & is quieter than Accord & Camry. I average over 32 MPG overall & have gotten over 36 MPG on the hwy.

Not bad so far

by from North IOWA on October 12, 2016

I do much looking into this car . The flex ful only on the 2016 would have been nice to know b4 . Car is smooth I got the 200 S . The seats are a little narrow so that may be a issue for some but I think that's to try and keep you towards the middle of the car (airbags ) above windows. Only 300 miles on it at this point but the tranny seems fine . I just feel we as drivers don't like the split second that it takes for that tranny to line up as we have been used too in every other car we have ever driven !.. Like the car smooth . No CD player is just a little crazy but I will get over it . Chatted with a chrysler rep and they are putting this same tranny in the best selling pacifica 2017 van . So they have faith it this tranny . Hope the bugs that are a simple fix get worked out .

Chrysler 200 S 1 year Review

by from Syracuse, New York on June 28, 2017

I currently own a 200 S in Red. It is the 4 cylinder mode with FWD only. The 4 cylinder for this car in my opinion is not horrible but it leaves a lot to be desired when you are someone like myself coming from a 370hp v8 charger or my 300hp v6 charger, but this isn't what the 4 cylinder was made for it was made for economy and for me being able to reach 25 mpg city only is pretty good coming from the 13mpg charger V8. The 9 speed transmisson can be jerky at some times but Chrysler has updated the transmission to work nicely now. I also sometimes find the transmission not knowing what gear it wants to be in when driving more spiritually. So if you don't care for a lot of horsepower the 4 cylinder is a good fit for you. It's a nice daily driver that you can go around in and it is a very quite car. Sometimes it's so quite you can hear your thoughts very clearly if you have the radio off. My 200 comes with the standard speakers which I think is all you need because the audio is very clear and very nice to listen too and sounds just a great loud for stock speakers. The 8.4 uconnect is simple and easy to figure out and regarded as the best in the industry. My car does not have built in navigation but you can get a dealer to add it in for 600 dollars (I recommend just use your phone and save some cash). The bucket seats for the S model have pretty aggessive bolstering to hold you in the seat well but arent annoying and are very confortable for the ride. Ton of storage space with in the armrest with the cup holder that slide back making storing anything easy. The back seats are comfortable but if you are 6' 2" you might find lack of headroom. The outside of this car looks a lot better then the model it took the place of and is very simple but very nice to look at. Just a FYI the daytime running light come on the lighting package is equiped on the car if not equipped with it you don't have the led daytime running lights. I would recommend the lighting package as the base halogen lights seem not to light up the road well at night but aren't dangerous by any means if you don't want the package. I give the car 4 stars because of the 4 cylinder not being powerful enough for the car but if you don't care about that the car is a good 4 and a half stars. The other issue still being the transmission, though better when first sent to market it still has small issue that can't be over looked. I would recommend this car to someone that wants a new nice car on a budget since Chrysler has now dropped the car you can get a good deal on the car, but you can find nicely loaded used models with very low miles starting from 14k to 19K. Warning if you buy this car new expect to keep it for a while due to poor resale value unless you put a good down payment, but do not let that make you not look at this nice car because it is a good bang for the buck right now!

One Awesome Black Beauty

by from Manitowoc, Wisconsin on December 26, 2016

Have a 2016 200C. Have about 9000 miles in 5 months. Great mileage. This is the model that was advertised on the Superbowl as imported from Detroit. Congratulations Chrysler Corp. You did good!