2006 300C

2006 Chrysler 300C

2006 Chrysler 300C

Have you driven the 2006 Chrysler 300C?

What a car!

by HemiGirl from Los Angeles, CA on Sat Apr 07 2012

I've owned and driven many cars in my lifetime, but this is by far my favorite! After test driving one, I knew this was the car I wanted, but after owning it I am even more impressed. The engineering and overall quality is so top notch that it's actually surprising, especially considering the price. On one hand, it is quiet and comfortable with an outstanding sound system so it feels like riding in a high end luxury car... until you step on the gas pedal! This car can MOVE!!!! I don't know about the touring model, but the Hemi C makes this an exciting ride! So much so, in fact, that my fiance has been a Mercedes & BMW fan for years, but is now considering getting the Chrysler 300 SRT8 instead. We both highly recommend this vehicle for anyone who's looking for style, comfort, speed and great value.

Great Bang for the buck!

by skiman from Madison,WI on Tue Feb 10 2009

I own a 2006 300C, I have put 36,000 miles miles on it with no problems. This car has been very reliable and an absolute joy to drive. Turn the traction control off and the hemi power brings out the teenager in you! This vehicle also gets 25 mpg hwy which is unbeleivable considering the ponies under the hood. I have also driven it thru 2 nasty winters and found with 2 blizzaks on the rear it will go thru just about anything. The traction control is spot on and will not let the car get away from you. The heated leather seats and over all interior is comfortable and very well appointed. If you are looking for a full size sedan stop your search and go out and drive one, it will bring the teenager out in you!

American Luxury With Muscle

by BorgBiker from Burbank CA on Wed Sep 12 2012

Nutshell version: If you want a car that stands out from the sea of Mercedes and BMW's but still looks in that vein, or if you just want a luxury musclecar that is well engineered at a great value, the Chrysler 300C SRT8 is our car! The 300C was announced in 2004 with much fanfare and applause. The car debuted in 2005 with the most awards of any new car. With a German engineered chassis, original styling and a good old fashioned American V8, it was everything I wanted in a family sedan. That is, until the 300C SRT8 came out shortly later. With a stiffer suspension, Brembo brakes, and a bigger 6.1 L V8 hot-rodded to 425 Hp, the SRT8 version promised to be a 4 door sports car. It has delivered and then some. It's not the fastest, or the most luxurious car you can buy, but it was the quickest, fastest luxury sedan you could buy for under $50,000. It wasn't considered cheap unless you saw what you had to pay for a similar features and performance in another car - the SRT was an easy $10,000 less expensive. The seats are all-day comfortable, the steering is tight and responsive (if not very communicative), the brakes have incredible stopping ability, the exterior appearance is sharp and understated while still hinting at the potential lurking within. The interior is pleasant and has plenty of features, although if you compare to a more expensive European rival, it will seem a little sparse and maybe a bit cheaper in appearance due to the gratuitous use of plastic. However, without the direct comparison, the cabin is a nice place to spend time. The stereo sounds great, and remains distortion free regardless of the volume. The only real downside is fuel economy. Anyone who requires great fuel economy should look elsewhere... frugality is not this car's purpose. The car's computer has shown as high as 22.4 mpg on the highway, while driving at typical freeway speeds with little throttle application. The observed low was 12.1 mpg - done in town on short trips while keeping my foot in the throttle as long as conditions allowed. If you can live with those numbers... an SRT8 might be for you. What I love most about the 300C SRT8 is that I really have two cars - a buttoned-up luxury sedan that turns into a sports car when you ask it to. The 6.1 Liter V8 produces 425 Hp and 420 lb/ft of torque - it's easy to forget how heavy this car is when on the gas! Luckily the Brembo brake calipers grab 14.7 inch rotors to slow the beast down with a tremendous force. 0-60 ranges from 4.5 seconds to 5.1 seconds depending on circumstances, and 60-0 can be done in as little as 110 feet - this from a 4200+ lb car! Highway cruising is less than effortless, it's very easy to cruise up over 100mph if your steering wheel is adjusted to block the top of your speedometer. I learned the hard way, but fortunately no law officers witness this flagrant violation. Deceptive speed, thy name is SRT8! Performance figures put it on par with the last-gen C5 Corvette, and equal to or ahead of it's 2012 rivals. The new Infiniti M56 is -on paper at least- a match for the 1st Gen SRT8, but at over twice the price. If you feel like swinging that level of payment, the 2012 300C SRT8 has been refined with a better interior, more power and better efficiency - some report over 27 mpg highway! The 300C SRT8 was redesigned for 2012, featuring redesigned exterior and interior styling, improved fuel efficiency and power, and an increased price topping over $50,000 The 1st generation was produced in limited numbers from 2005-2010, with a base price starting at just over $48,000. 2005 cars seem to be ma bit more expensive due the extra low production volume of this year, with 2006 models being slightly more affordable in spite of added features such as Bluetooth phone connection and the rear DVD player. 1st generation colors were initially Silver, gray and black, with Red being added in 2007. A green was extremely rare in 2008. I found my 2006 SRT8 at a dealer through Car.com. T

A Beast

by DJ from Laguna Niguel, CA on Thu Apr 28 2011

Yes this car takes fuel, but you probably already knew that getting into it. You'll blow all the other cars off the road with the Hemi too, even if you keep it stock. And its unmistakable appearance is so classy. A big boss on the road. Fits me perfect and plenty of room in the backseat for the kids. I do wish there wasn's so much plastic inside, but it't still really nice inside.

Awesome ride

by Eric from Maywood, NJ on Thu Sep 30 2010

Purchased a 2006 300C AWD and I love this car. Me being 6'4" tall, I have more than enough room and the power is unbelievable. This vehicle has so many options that sometimes I feel as if I'm driving a german competitor that costs thousands more. Oh, did I mention I love the power HEMI, for the win!!

A great cruiser now at 40000 miles

by IES99 from South Carolina on Thu Apr 24 2008

At first I was shocked by the styling of the 300 after getting accustomed to the jelly bean shape of cars that has been recently used. Then I remembered the cars of the mid 1960s: Galaxie, Fury, etc and saw that this is what they meant. And I looked up pictures of early to mid 1960s Plymouths, Dodges and Chryslers and saw how many design features were used in the 300. The wife and I drove several cars before buying, but the 300 was the standout. We bought the C (the car with the 5.7 L HEMI). The MDS makes it a six cylinder in practice (sometimes a V8 and sometimes a V6), so the MPG is not much different from the 3.5 L V6 and there is so much power when you need it. It has quite comfortable leather seating (fronts heated), dual climate controls. The back seat has plenty of leg room. One place that could have used some more room is the trunk. It is smaller than the very large one in our Intrepid, but still big enough. The rear seat backs fold down completely, so there is room for lots of stuff. Two things about the transmission (a Mercedes desing). 1. Only the dealer can check the fluid level (it's sealed), and 2. Many owners have had leaks from a 13 pin plug that goes into the transmission. It takes the mechanic about 15 minutes to fix, and they all have leaked while under warranty. The replacement ones don't seem to leak. I have seen no evidence of poor fit of interior or exterior, it is put together really well. Handling is superb for something so big.

300C SRT-8

by Lancer from Turlock, CA on Tue Mar 23 2010

This car has great performance, gets reasonable mileage (22 mpg Highway) and has striking ageless looks. Very sinister intimidating stance. It is very comfortable around town as well as on the road. It has individual climate controls, heated and electric seats and a great multi-speaker sound system including satelite radio.

Performance of 300C

by 300C Enthusiast from California on Sun May 21 2006

I had the opportunity to drive the 300 Touring on 2 occasions and the 300 Limited on 3 occasions before I decided to purchase the Chrysler, however, as nice as I felt the car looked I was not impressed with the overall performance. I did not want to pay the price that was asked for the 300C but the sales person suggested I drive it anyway because I had drvien many luxury cars and the 300 Touring and Limited did not compare. After I drove the 300C I was in awe. I was totally impressed and I just had to have the car no matter what the price was. I love that car. The ride, the space, the style, the color (Satin Jade) and everything else about it. I would recommend this car to anyone who is willing to put out $40,000+ on a car it is well worth it in my opinion. I have added a few extras and it just makes the car that much more special!

I am so inlove!

by sean from montgomery, al on Sun Jan 20 2008

Buy it ! First time since I first received my license that I'm so excited to get behind the wheel! I'm 25 with 2 kids fits me perfectly. I almost purchased s SUV, so glad I didn't. Car gets great mileage. No complaints thus far.

A Big Luxury Car that Really Performs

by Speedle of Virginia Beach from Virginia Beach, VA on Wed Aug 19 2009

We bought our 2006 300C in December 2005 and racked up over 37,000 trouble free miles so far. The HEMI and the big American styling sold me on the car. Excellent value on a vehicle that came loaded with everything including navigation. The car is quiet, tight, well constructed - even has non-corrosive aluminum hood and trunk lids to reduce weight. The Boston Sound System is absolutely the best radio I have ever had in a car. For me anyway, all the dashboard buttons and switches seem to be in the right place. I replaced the Conti self-sealing tires with Goodyear Assurances and made the ride even better. The trunk is a little small for us, but the rear seats fold down which helps.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2006 Chrysler 300C

There was a big whoop-to-do about the Chrylser 300C when it appeared on the market last year. It was the next big thing; everyone would want one, and after appearances in trendy hip-hop videos, even the likes of Snoop Dogg were trying to get their hands on one. I haven't heard much about the vehicle since then, although that may be a direct result of my MTV-viewing days being left behind two pregnancies ago. Has the hype died down? Was it just a hot (but short-lived) trend?

Apparently not. Upon arrival of my 2006 300C SRT8 (Street and Racing Technology, V-8) the gawkers flock to me like flies to a strip of sticky tape. They're unanimously shocked to see the inside of my vehicle loaded to the max with... Read More