2005 Chrysler Crossfire consumer reviews

$29,045 starting MSRP
side view of 2005 Crossfire Chrysler
Explore the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire
Shop the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire

Love this fast little car!

This is such a fun snappy little car, I have really enjoyed owning this car! Unfortunately my life has changed and I find I’m not driving it anymore, it is always garaged! It’s time to let someone else enjoy it!

Fun, Fast, reliable, great weekend/beach car!

BESt car Ive ever owned in my life. fast, fun, reliable, great value, head turner! Most parts under the hood are mercedes. Handles like a mercedes but a chrysler emblem and price tag with maintanence!

HOT lookin’ car!

Always makes heads turn when the top is down! Really beautiful car that runs great. Top looks brand new- red exterior does too! Just can’t fit our Golden Retriever!!!!

Most reliable sports car I've owned.

This is a great 2 seater and daily driver. Fun and fast! (I have the SRT-6 model) Quick with the supercharger and a very reliable AMG v6. Does 0-60 in 5 seconds stock from the factory! Very impressive for an 05. Great for day to day commute. Nice luxury interior, I love the heated seats in the winter. Huge trunk- can fit all my groceries and more. I've even fit a stroller in the back before, several suitcases, all my Wal-Mart shopping, etc. That was one of the main selling points for me because so many 2 seater sports cars have barely any storage space. Took it on a short road trip once, after about 5 hours of strait driving the seats got a little uncomfortable to sit in. Definitely more of a daily driver than a roadtrip car. It still did great on the trip though, very reliable, had no problems whatsoever. Overall a great car!

A Beautiful, Precision German Sports Car

This is my 2nd Crossfire. Owned an original in 2005. Had to sell it in 2014 and wished i hadn't. This car is tight and a precision piece of German engineering. It is mechanically as good as they come and is ready to go. There is nothing to "fix" on this car. All rubber, paint, cloth and leather are in great condition. Hate to sell it but i have to let it go.

MOst fun I have ever had driving

Of all the cars I have ever owned (about 15) this was clearly the most fun to drive. If the temps were above 60, the top was down (even if the heater and seat warmers were needed.) I am only selling it because my commute is too long and my daughter needs a "bigger" car to drive.

SRT VERY FAST CAR

FAST CAR WITH GREAT LOOKS GETS COMPLIMENTS EVERYWHERE IT GOES.CAR SHOW OR STOPLIGHT OR GAS STATION.ALSO BEATS MUSTANGS AND CAMAROS ALL THE TIME.LOL CANT GO WRONG WITH THIS SOON TO BE CLASSIC.

3.7

Taste it, and you'll like it.

Driving through downtown Savannah, with my top down was great. It handled well, and still turned heads. The interior lacked the most in my opinion, and parts could get expensive. Still the car family with this model is always a great time.

This soft yellow crossfire is a head turner!

FAST AND FUN! I have owned it for 12 years. It has a lot more room than it looks. Handles great on the streets or highways.

3.9

Lots of value but...

I bought my crossfire roadster used and I’ve had it for three years now. The Crossfire is a Mercedes 320 SLK in all but name so it’s predictable in its virtues and vices. The styling is awesome and the grip is excellent. Acceleration is OK. Center handling is marginal due to the type of steering. If you buy a roadster know that the plastic rear window will likely fall out, and you will have to replace the hydraulic cylinders at some point. The cylinder replacement is very expensive so plan on doing heavy negotiation when buying a used roadster. The engine maintenance is twerky, and expect the usual Mercedes leaks and repairs. Always do a very thorough inspection of the engine before buying a used crossfire and watch especially for leakage. Leaks in the valve cover gaskets and oil main seal are not unusual. And be sure to check the engine mounts as well. If you have any play in the automatic transmission chances are the engine and transmission mounts need to be replaced. Sensors can be very sensitive and a sticky key problem is very common. Forget about the TPS system. This is a car for fun daily driving without expecting too much as a sports car. Like the 320, the crossfire has little collectibility but who cares because it’s a lot of fun. The interior is nothing special and unfortunately has a lot of cheap plastic parts. The SRT is the up-engined crossfire but they tend to have a number of supercharger problems. I put a magnaflow exhaust on mine and it sounds great. A good set of summer tires will improve the already great handling. Before buying a used crossfire be sure to look at all the maintenance records. If the records are incomplete you’re better off just walking away because that means the previous owners didn’t take enough care of their vehicle. Take care of the maintenance and the car is a blast.