2000 LHS

2000 Chrysler LHS

$502 - $7,554  MSRP Range
2000 Chrysler LHS

Have you driven the 2000 Chrysler LHS?

This car can save a life a head on collision!

by Accident Prone from on Wed May 27 2009

My 2000 LHS was my first car when I started driving in high school 6 years ago,and I loved everything about it. Definitely worth the money! But there's just one main reason I'm writing a review and that's to tell everyone about it's safety! I had a head on collision at an intersection going 45 miles an hour. My air bags deployed, my whole front end was smashed in, the wheel was pushed back and the wheel well bent... I, and my passenger walked away with only some scrapes and bruises from the seat belts. I cannot recommend this car enough because of it's safety! Everything about the crash looks like I should have died or at least had serious injury, but I walked away.

It's been a good one

by Tonka from Cincy on Sat May 23 2009

I'm the second owner of a 2000 LHS. I purchased the car 5 years ago with 36,000 miles. It now has 210,000 and, I swear, performs as well as it did when I purchased it. The high output 3.5L is one of the best engines I have ever experienced. The only repair I have had to make was the AC unit. I have kept up maintenance, which of course, you should with any vehicle. Classy and sporty.

Recommend

by usedcarowner from on Mon Feb 07 2011

Just getting through one of the worst winters with my used Chrysler LHS. Best car out of 6, I've had. Handles great in snow, heats fast and never fails. Nice and heavy with performance I've not had from other makes and models. Aside from that it looks and feels great, love the comfort!

Great value for the money

by Jim W. from San Jose, Ca on Tue Oct 24 2006

I bought my car off the showroom floor in 2000, it now has approx 90,000 miles. It has been a great car with no major glitches. I figure on keeping it another 4 years than buying another Chrysler.

SALES

by DKY from marion, OH on Thu Feb 23 2017

THE MOST RELIABLE CAR WAS A 1985 CHEVY IROC Z28 ON THIS CHRYSLER LHS IT IS THE MOST COMFERTABLE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED AND IT IS SPORTY AND LUXERY ALL IN ONE PACKAGE.

Great used car.

by JacobA from NJ on Tue Apr 03 2018

Had a 2000 LHS from 2006 until 2010. In that time, I spent $300 in repairs. That's it. The car had 75000 miles when I bought it and I sold it with 110000 miles. Not bad at all. The 3.5L engine is really good and reliable. Never any issues with the transmission either. It's very comfortable and a nice cruiser. I would buy another in a second. If you're looking for a 2000-2001 LHS here in 2018, then yes, it's very old at this point, but if well-maintained, I see no major headaches in your future. It's just well-made on the famous Chrysler LH platform that was also used for the Intrepid, 300M, and Concorde.

One of the least know great cars.

by El from New York, NY on Wed Jul 23 2008

I bought my LHS almost 5 years ago. When I first saw the car I really didn't know anything about it; because I was looking at used Nissan Maximas. I sat in the car with my wife and really liked the comfort; leather interior, Dual electric seats with heat, leather wrapped steering wheel; excellent should system. Then I took the car for test drive and fell in love. After doing some research on the car (which everyone should do before buying one ), it was a no-brainer to purchase it. Here are some highlights about what I think of the car: Reliability- The car is 7 years old, I?ve done $400 in repairs for a faulty computer . Beyond normal wear and tear? that?s it. The auto is very reliable. Performance- The only engine that comes in a LHS is the 3.5liter high output, making 253 hp and 255.00 Ft-Lbs torque. The 300M was designed to compete with BMW?s 3 and 5 series and the LHS is the sister car. The car handles amazing well for a full size front wheel drive car, and with such a strong engine is very fun to drive. I?ve owned smaller sports coupes that can?t keep up with the LHS. Standard traction control helps in rain or snow, and the standard anti-lock brakes have saved me from a serious accident twice. Overall fast and fun, while STILL getting 26-27mpg on the highway. Comfort- I am 6?2? tall, and while driving with the seat almost all the way back, have had three over 6? people in the back seat, sitting comfortably. The front seats are comfortable and grip in turns, the back seats could be in a limo. By the way, the trunk is huge. The ride is firm and smooth. Styling- The LHS is, in my opinion, beautiful. The sculpted lines, the cab-forward design, the low roof-line all contribute to a look that will be contemporary for years to come. Negatives- Not really any, but? there really is no front bumper. The grill is actually the bumper, but I live in NYC, and had it tapped many time with no visual damage (you can see a tiny crack in the back of the emblem if you get 6? away from it). The length- the car is a LONG car. The car is 207 inches long , while a town car is only 8? longer (and only 4? wider). The LHS may look sleek and drive like a sports car, but it?s still a larger car. Overall- Great performance, good looks, fantastic ride quality and very good reliability for the price I paid. The LHS has spoiled me? really, I like that much.