2007 Pacifica

2007 Chrysler Pacifica

2007 Chrysler Pacifica

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica?

Great crossover, good value

by young family guy from Central NH on Wed Oct 07 2009

Love this car we have the 07 touring with the 4.0 V6. plenty of power to move this heavier car around. 3rd row is strictly for kids. When rear seats are folded, you can't beat this car for family outings and daily stuff commuting, grocery getting ect. 20-22mpgs on average (combination city hgwy) Almost a minivan but much cooler to drive. just wish there was more head clearance when getting in the darn thing. and wish there was a more substantial armrest on the center console.

Best family vehicle I have ever owned

by Kids sport transporter from Boston, MA on Sun Sep 06 2009

We bought this car new in 2004, 1st year. After we test drove it with the kids for about an hour and hearing my wife say that it is the most comfortable car she has ever ridden in, we bought it. We have owned Audis, Jaguars, Saabs, etc. So when she said this it meant something. We had some growing pains in the beginning but the dealer took care of everything under warranty with a smile and always gave us a loaner when it needed service. The kids loved the sound system and the DVD, so did we. I must say the surround sound is incredible with a movie. We also have the wireless headphones so the kids can watch a movie and we can listen to a CD at the same time. Great feature! This car has been to the beach, the mountains long and short trips and now has 105000 miles on it. The all wheel drive is great, we actually had to give a Subaru driver a ride during a snow storm because his car was stuck. Would we buy another, absolutely. It is a shame that Chrysler stopped making it after only 4 years, what a mistake. We are looking for an 08 with little or no miles.

Excellent Buy

by Ex Super Gas drag racer from St. George, Utah on Fri Aug 31 2007

One of the Auto World's best kept secrets. On the positive side: 1. Outstanding acceleration for size. Levels the mountains of Colorado on our trips back home. 2. Transmission is a perfect match for engine. 3. Lots of features for the $$. Dual air/ side curtains airbags/moderately priced options. 4. I like the styling better now than when I bought it. 5. Highway mileage between 24 and 26. 6. Quiet cabin. On the negative side: 1. Steering is a bit too sensitive. Would like more feedback. After a few thousand miles not an issue any more. 2. My first Crossover/SUV - would have purchased back up camera as well as power lift gate Summation: If you go and compare the Pacifica to its competition relative to what actually costs out the door and the features included you will be impressed.

Great family car for kids 3 and up

by me n my three kids from miami fl on Wed Mar 07 2012

I purchased my pacifica about two months ago. I was in the market for a mid size SUV (not a mini van fan) since we have three kids now. Over all this cross over is pretty nice. I have the touring package which seats six comfortably (you probably can cram another person back there for 7) . I like the clean lines, low profile, has great pickup performance and is a very stylish car. It looks like a SUV but rides like a luxury car. The leather interior is nice with kids (can clean easily). This car is great for a small people due to the head room. The cons are that if you have to put two car seats in the middle, the access to the back is limited. The third person or child has to climb over the middle console to get into there seat. Also the gas mileage on this car is awful. defintely not a car for city driving. When you have the third row seat active the cargo compartment is very small. Bottom line if you are looking for a used SUV with six passanger seating, great upgrades for under 15k this car would be the best. If not go newer and buy the new dodge journey model. Chrylser stopped making the pacifica in 2008.

Very Nice

by Chrysler Mom from Indianapolis on Tue Nov 09 2010

I have owned my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica for 2 Months now and I love it!!! It handles very good and is one of the smoothest rides I have driven in a long time. My boys love all the space they have in the back and most of all they love that they can watch TV everywhere they go. I love the stylish interior and all the nice extras it has like Back-up Sensors and Power Rear Lift Gate(comes in handy when your hands are full of groceries) We Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I always wanted

by fred from Riverview Fl on Sun Dec 13 2009

Great suv I rented one about 4yrs ago on a trip to Florida. Ever since then I always wanted one finally got one and I love it!!!!

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN

by Mopar Hemi Girl from St. George Utah on Wed Aug 08 2018

I purchased a uses 2007 Chrysler Pacifica The exterior and interior were in excellent condition and it seemed to drive fine on the teat drive. Within 2 WEEKS of purchase the car began stalling out and losing all power. You could pull over, restart the car and continue to drive with no issue. Then the fuel gave began to act funny. I would fill up the car and drive it When the gave reached a half a tank the gave would drop to empty the mileage indicators would drop to zero. I would stop to put gas in it, and the pump would only pump a little them shut off. You couldn't put but just a dollar or two in it most times. Eventually it was determined to be a faulty fuel pump. Had I gone on a couple of car review websites I would have known that this was a common issue. Other owners had tried to get a class action lawsuit against Chrysler for the fuel pump issue. I had mine fixed to the tune of 700.00, but 2 1/2 weeks later it went out again. This time I did not have it repaired, and was left with no choice but to walk away from it....like I said Run! You're liable to be running anyways as often as this car breaks down!!

Does not recommend this car!!

Wonderful SUV

by jaiebyers from Greensboro, NC on Tue Feb 27 2018

I've owned Chrysler products before. This one is just as great. It has woodgrain dash, leather seats, all wheel drive and a nice 4.0 V-6. I purchased this vehicle for my wife to drive. I almost kept it for myself. I'm tall and have bad knees, so travel of any length is very uncomfortable. The Pacifica is very much like a clown car as far as space. When you look at it from the outside, you'd never thing that it would comfortably hold 6 adults. Let me tell you, it does. I sat it each seat and I had plenty of legroom in any of them. I recommend it. Very nice SUV.

Good family car and cargo hauler

by upstate nyer from Near Syracuse, NY on Tue Nov 22 2011

We bought this car after renting one several years ago. My husband remembered it as being one of the most comfortable cars he had ever been in. Our Pacifica replaced our Hyundai Sonata that we enjoyed for 5 years until our now teenagers outgrew it. I like the higher driving position of the Pacifica and its huge cargo are with both middle and back seats down. We are getting around 21 mpg with mostly country driving. But I must agree with the reviews in that the car does not accelerate well. It struggles when you head up one of our many hills, but does fine at cruising speed. I was spoiled with our V6 Sonata which had power to spare. Also, rear visibility is terrible. I wouldn't recommend this car to families with small children; so difficult to see behind the car. And lastly on the minus side is the terrible radio reception. We've only had the car for 3 months so I can't report on reliability yet, but I do see many of them on the road. So all in all we're satisfied.

Great Car

by KK12 from Chicago, IL on Sun Mar 13 2011

Pacifica is one of the great car, I owned 2006 Limited from 37000 mile till over 100000 and never cough a single day though at 70000 mile the check engine light came on which of course is the catalytic converter, I traded it in to get another Pacifica 07 Limited and this rides so smooth with the 4.0, 6 speed AWD, this car take off just right on time and feels good to drive. What I hate is that Chrysler stop manufacturing this car, I think they should think about making it again and if they do I will buy it again and again.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica

For crossover shoppers, the Chrysler Pacifica has a lot of the right ingredients. It seats up to six, rides comfortably on the highway and swallows the weekly Costco haul without too much trouble. Thanks to a larger engine and new transmission, the 2007 version also accelerates briskly, and it has more safety features and some minor styling changes to boot.

Unfortunately, there are still some compelling reasons to avoid it — namely that its gas mileage, ownership costs and interior quality are not up to the standards set by competitors like the Saturn Outlook, Honda Pilot and Ford Freestyle. Unless you're a real lead-foot, you might want to consider something else.

The Basics