2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews

4.1
Average based on 17 reviews

Love the Practicality.

by from New Jersey on January 23, 2012

This is my second 2002 PT Cruiser. The first was totalled two years ago. I replaced it with a Lexus ES300 and although the Lexus was luxury, I missed my PT Cruiser. Love it, Love it, Love it. Don't get me wrong, it is not without its faults. Missing a few creature comforts, but what is missing in comfort, it more than makes up for in practicality. Let me tell you how I fit a Loveseat for my daughter room in the back of it with the trunk completely closed with the seats removed. Oh and on separate occassions a bathtub, a washing machine, a stove... It is like having a truck when you need one, and a family sedan when you don't and with more MPG than any truck I know. I love it and have never been happier with a car purchase.

6 Good years

by from NE FL on December 30, 2010

I bought my cruiser gently used with 20,000 miles on it. I've been good to her and she's been good to me. It's a very comfortable ride and easy to drive and park. I have not had any of the previously mentioned issues with my vehicle.

80k check the timing belt!

by from Old Fort, NC on October 30, 2011

I bought her new in 2002. Its been a great car, comforable on long trips, roomy inside, seats fold down for hauling lots of stuff. Great sounding radio too. However, I let it go to 130k and never checked the timing belt (my fault) it cost $2200 to repair the damage when the belt broke. But she's home now and I'm glad she's back.

Spoiled by the comfort

by from Miami Florida on June 18, 2008

I went from a mazda miata to my pt crusier, I love this car more then I thought I would. It is so comfortable and handles great. Easy to park and great for shopping. While I still own and love my miata, I would have a difficult time giving up my PT. Draw backs are the gas milage is terrible and I had a problem with my radiator and fan which I understand is a common problem. All in all this is a great car, awesome to haul your kids or grandkids around in.

Shocking

by from on August 8, 2012

I bought a PT the other day and less than twenty miles later, the transmission stopped working. Enough sasid.

Horrible shocks and struts!!!!!

by from san diego california on February 13, 2008

watch out chrysler has a bad rep for shocka and struts/suspension its a cute car and it works but watch out dealers will try to fool you and you will not notice if its bad at first

with a grain of salt

by from NE FL on December 29, 2010

I bought my cruiser gently used at 2 years of age with 20,000 miles. I have taken care of her and she has taken care of me. I have not had any of the previously mentioned issues and the car is very comfortable and easy to drive. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth out of this car.

Best Small Car for use

by from Euless on March 8, 2013

This is best small car run great and look really beautiful. If you like good gas mileage and dnt want to spend too much get this car best for the price.

Camouflaged Streetrod

by from Roanoke, VA on April 6, 2008

My '02 Limited PT is AMAZING! It takes 25mph turns easily between 40 & 60 miles an hour. Acceleration for its 150 horses is very responsive. I wish the shocks were a little stiffer for a more "sporty" ride, but comfort is top of the line in this car. A few changes of the brakes, tires, wipers, many oil changes, and 65 thousand miles after the original purchase, this PT is holding up as though it were still just off the assembly line. The leather seats, ability to tighten the lap belt VERY tight, and the stance on the country roads takes me back to my childhood driving go-karts! I have a lead-foot, it likes to go fast; my PT & I are meant to be together!!

Good on Gas

by from chicago illinois on December 5, 2011

I would say the 2002 PT Cruiser is a decent car for the money..It isnt without its faults ,the timing belt and the serpentine belt need to be replaced at 70thousand miles..the brakes seem to go bad and make a lot of noise .Had them replaced still making noise.weird electrical issue with the turn signal just ordered a replacement ,but other then that it is doing its job.