2005 PT Cruiser

4.5 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.2 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

Nobody puts Baby in a corner....

by tierradoxy from San Antonio, TX on April 12, 2011

Not this Baby at least! Mine is a Limited Turbo. I've been in the paint & body business over 20 years & this is the coolest vehicle I've ever driven. I get 27 mpg highway & 18 mpg in the city or playing with the turbo too much. Put a new set of Goodyear's on it & they really improved the handling. The interior (leather/suede) is very comfortable, even on long trips. It's loaded to the max & we're just loving it. I might not have bought the regular 4 cylinder, but this turbo is a blast. You've got to love the looks on people's faces when they get toasted by a PT!

My Favorite Car Ever

by PT Cruiser Lover from Gaffney, SC on April 11, 2012

I bought my PT Cruiser after I "tried one on"...all I did was sit in one and was SOLD. It is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. I have driven 3 times from SC to Massachusetts...3 times from SC to Florida...and many other small trips with our state. The gas milage is super, $100 for trip to Mass. Four of us go on average... and there is plenty of room for luggage and people. Temp controls are great for comfort... leg room is great... I am buying my daughter a 2003 next month...so she will have one of her own. it has been rated as a MAN"S car...but this woman LOVES it.

Drop Top Heaven

by Saluki PT GT Conv. from Pompano Beach, Fla. on August 21, 2010

This '05 GT Convertible with 2.4 High Output Turbo & AutoStick manual/automatic may be the last car I ever buy. Power, handling, braking, reliability, looks, ease of operation & tightness of top, roominess, utility, value, build quality/fit & finish, comfort, styling and bang-for-the-buck are all 5-Star! This little rocket is going on 7 years old (01/04 Build Date), as the '05 Cruiser Convertible production began at the 1st of '04, but people continuously comment they think it's Brand New. Not bad for a 61,000 mile car. For me, as a single, early Baby Boomer, I have found my ideal car. If it doesn't last the rest of my life, I'll hunt down another. There should still be good ones left in 10 to 15 more years, as I have noticed most owners maintain their Cruiser Convertibles in pristine condition. Arguably, this is the highest quality, best value Chrysler in history, and personally, in my opinion one of the best values in automotive history. It was on my short list from the first time I saw pictures of it.

2005

by Pt forever from PA on May 9, 2008

this would have to be the best car i have ever owned in my life. its very good on gas, and for me im still in high school so its big inside for all of my friend to ride in. i think the best part about the car would have to be the motor its very little but has alot of POWER!!!!!! i got the car used with 24,000 miles on it and now its has 36,000 and i didnt ever have to do a thing to it besides a oil change ever 2,500. and i only do that because i love the car.

Best car or suv I have owned

by mytoyin2011 from Attica, NY on February 22, 2011

I am getting 24 miles per gal, and love this car. Should have purchased one sooner. It has keyless entry, and all leather seats, and a sunroof. I love the Gold color...one awesome little buggy.

2005 PT Convertible GT with H/O Turbo

by PT Cruizer fan from Johnson City, TN on December 3, 2010

Talk about fun. This car has it all. From the fun of a great covertible to the punch of a sport car with it's 2.4L high output turbo, I only wish I could buy another one for the stable. My wife owns a 2003 classic and with it's engine, 2.4 regular, it's still a great car, just a little slow. And at the price you can get the 2005 at, mine below $8000, this is a great car at a great price. Plus, since they only made them 3 years, this will be a classic. The basic model hard top was stopped this year as well. So if your looking for a future classic, PT Cruiser is the way to go.

Top down fun!

by Electric Blue PT Cruiser from Traverse City, MI on March 25, 2008

I bought my 2005 PT Cruiser Elect. Blue Convertible a little over a year ago - drove it 3,000 miles on vacation will repeat again this year. I hit the auto show every year, and when this car came out at the 2004 Auto Show I knew it was on my short list. I love the styling (based on a 37 Ford) and the ease of use for the top. Very comfortable to cruise around in all day. I have a 5 speed manual with the base engine - while I get to use regular gas (vs. premium for the turbo) I do find it a bit anemic going up hills and passing. I save 20 cents a gallon so I can't complain. Highway MPG is around 27; in town 22 mpg. Chrysler replaced the conv. top seals all the way around with a felt type of seal - the orig. rubber ones kept coming unseated. This past week I found out that (at 51,000 miles) I needed to have my water pump and head gasket replaced - the good news is that Chrylser covers me with their powertrain warranty, so all I needed to cover was the $100 deductible! Once you own a convertible I doubt you will ever be without one! On any day with the temp in the 60s and up you will see me with the top down unless it is raining. (Hint: buy one before the warm weather comes to your area - I save @$3,000 buying in the dead of winter!)

Fantastic Car!!!

by Nascar Fan from Oklahoma City, OK on May 25, 2007

I purchased a 2005 convertible Turbo last year. It was my pride and joy until a drunk destroyed it last week. I loved the car before but after the accident I loved it even more because the car was destroyed but we survived with a broken arm and some minor injuries. The drunk was driving a pickup truck. I am looking to purchase another cruiser. The only downside to the vehicle is the gas mileage is only around 20 mpg in the city and 22 on the highway. If the vehicle got better gas mileage it would be perfect. I always got compliments on the vehicle every where we went.

MORE FUN THEN A BARREL OF MONKEYS

by THE LEGEND from FLORIDA on August 3, 2013

I OWN 2 PT CRUISERS,AND THE GT TURBO MODEL HAS TO BE THE MOST FUN...BOTH WERE A GREAT VALUE,,AND PURCHASED,,USED...THE TURBO, RUNS LIKE A ROCKET,FOR A 4 CYL VEHICLE..I AM 60 YEARS OLD AND THE COMFORT IS AMAZING,,,I LIVE IN FLORIDA,,SO THE BUTT WARMER IS USELESS,,,BUT SOMEONE UP NORTH MAY LIKE IT...THE GT TURBO IS ABOUT AS FUN AS IT GETS,,,MANY COMPLIMENTS ALSO...23 MPG IN COMBO DRIVING,,IF I KEEP MY FOOT OUT OF IT,A LITTLE...28 HGHWY,,,NOT BAD ,,,SO FAR,I HAVE BLOWN AWAY 2 MUSTANGS,,AND ITS ONLY A 4 CYL CAR....THE RAG TOP IS VERY NICE FOR MOST OF THE YEAR,HERE IN FLORIDA.....TO BAD,NOT EVERYONE WOULD NOT WANNA TRY ONE,,,THEY ARE AWSOME...........

Born a Classic!!! 2005 GT Convertible Turbo 5 Spd

by PT Lover from Farmingdale, NY on January 6, 2007

I Bought a 2005 GT Convertible Brand New as a dealer Left Over in 2006 as soon as I saw what Chrysler decided to change in the 2006 models which I don't care for. The 2005 was born a Classic. One of the most beautiful cars on the road today. This is the 3rd Cruiser I have purchased & owned and the best one to date. Just the right balance of power with the Turbo & a Manual Stick shift. I love the light interior & light color top. Chrysler got this convertible right when they brought it to market in 2005. The future doesn't look bright for the subsequent changes in the 2006 & 2007 models. Why does corporate always ruin a good thing?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7