2001 Sebring

4.5 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.3 out of 5 starsInterior Design
3.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

2nd Sebring Convertible, Best one yet!

by Sebring Vert lover! from Dallas, TX on December 30, 2012

I bought my 2001 Limited on Oct 31st, 2001. It's been one of the best cars I've ever owned. Never left me stranded and always provided a good comfy ride. Now with 89,000 mi, it's relegated to weekend trips/summer fun. Been taking it the over 3000 mi to Carlisle, PA from Dallas, TX the last few years for the All-Chrysler Nationals. Love driving it! Sure, the 2.7L v6 had problems, those were fixed by 2004. Not all 2001's had issues, as evidenced by my experience. This Sebring has seen Canada, Mexico, and 37 states in the US. It's got lots of miles left, and I'll be the owner for all of em. My previous Sebring vert, a 1997 JX, was a good car, this 2001 Limited is a GREAT car!

Very Reliable and pretty Fast

by TJ from Arizona on December 27, 2006

I loved the way this car handles. It is sleek and nippy, and looks very classy. It handle bends at fast speeds with ease, and accelerates very well. The car is spacey for four passengers.

Chrysler Sebring convertible

by Tom from NY on January 22, 2013

I have owned one since 2001. It was classy and reliable. I never had a problem with it during it's life. Tires oil change only thing that it needed. As for Sandy it took it, 4 and 1/2 feet of salt water. It was up in miles but still made the trip from NY to NJ for that many years. Mine "as I believe" built in US. Would I and am I will buy another. I have a Chrysler Jeep and a Toyota camary. I will take that sebring any day.

Love my 2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi

by Chrysler Owner from Billings, MT on March 31, 2008

I have owned my sebring for a while now and I love it. Very nice handling and interior. One of the major reasons I bought it was because it had quite a bit of power with a 200 hp engine. Great for in the summer with a really easy to open roof. Have never had troubles starting it in cold or hot weather. Great winter driving in this car with FWD! Saves me money at the tank too. Very Quiet for a convertible. Goes around corners perfectly.

All around great car!

by Matt from Dayton, OH on October 2, 2006

This car is wonderful to drive! Powerful and has great handling. Very comfortable when you are in the car but sit's so low it's more difficult to get in and out than I'm used to with my SUV. It's great for those that want something a little sporty and like some luxury.

And she's a looker too...

by Sebring KT from Ann Arbor, MI on January 26, 2007

A great car. Drives nice, handles well, and she's a looker too. People may think it is a run of the mill rent-a-car, but it is enjoyable to drive. The only issue I've had with it has been the radio going out.

I guess my was a lemon

by texas pool girl from Texas on March 30, 2009

I bought my used with 35,000 miles on it. Loved it at first, but it turned into a real money pit for me. I had to put a new transmission in it when it hit 85,000 miles. Had a horrible time with the tires, I was later told that particular alloy rim was easily bent, and that's why my tires went flat all of the time. There were various other problems so I gave it to my son when he turned 16 since it was just an around our small town car for him. Six months later, he side swiped a brick mail box and the insurance company declared it totaled. I was just happy that he wasn't hurt. I will say it was one of the prettiest cars I've ever owned and the top did function extremely well in comparison to other convertibles I have owned over the years.

Does not recommend this car!!

good value for the price

by prettiest car I ever had from Tucson AZ on January 11, 2014

I had an 03 LXI convertible and loved it . However at about 79 thousand miles it would blow out a little puff of blue smoke when starting out from a traffic light but not every time . I babied that car so well with regular service and didn't understand why the smoking . I turned it in for an 01 Limited and I just love having a convertible and wanted to give it another try . The car has only 33 thousand miles on it and has been kept flawless by the older couple that turned it in for another car . Yes I believe not all 2.7 v6 engines will smoke but I will be keeping a real close watch on my oil changes and will pray I don't have a bad 01 engine as I have heard a-lot of people have had .

My Florida Car

by Bob D. ,N.Fort Myers, Florida from North Fort Myers, Florida on May 6, 2013

Bought a 2001 Sebring Limited Conv. from Performance Autos of SW Florida. So far, great car. Looks and drives very well. It's my car when I am at my Florida home. Glad to have it, cool car.

Love mine, will get another if this one dies

by TeeCee from West suburban Chicago on December 29, 2009

I purchased one of these used in 2002 with 18,000 miles, and it now has 102,000 miles and going strong! The original chrome wheels began corroding/flaking about a year ago, resulting in countless rim leaks; I gave up the battle a month ago and replaced the wheels with near-matching aftermarket wheels when I decided to keep the car indefinitely. Nice power, handling, and great eye appeal; amazingly the fabric top is still good as new, and still airtight. Keep building them Chrysler

1 2 3