2002 Chrysler Sebring

solid reliable car.

by from west newton pa on January 28, 2012

bought this car in jan. 2010 with 19900 mile. It now has 34300 and it has been a very reliable car. I was a little scared when I purchased about how it would hold up,having only owned Fords and Kias. So we spent the extra money on a warranty,but I have only used the warranty a few times. It has a 4 cyl. and gets good fuel milage. It has a lot of room to streach out for me being over 6 foot tall.It is black and i put window vent shades on and I started calling her my batmobile.

Keeps on ticking

by from California on November 3, 2013

I bought a 2002 Sebring LXI two years ago with 197k on it. It now has 246k on it and still going. I replaced the front struts and a couple of other suspension parts along with the starter but that is about it. So far it has been cheap transportation and have taken it on two trips of over 1100 miles each. Gets anywhere from 29-31 mpg on the highway so no complaints there. It does have its creaks and groans, but just like me, after that many miles it's to be expected.

Great Droip Top

by from Georgia on July 20, 2011

Bought a 2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertable and cannot be happier (yes it's 9 yrs old). For a 9 yr old car, it shows little wear and all components have held-up well. Top and power group work perfect. Leather seats remain supple and all trim, inside and out, is in excellent condition. The only issue is volume control on factory radio is finicky. The V6 200hp motor moves it quite well. Handels well at all speeds, as well as in the rain. Limited road noise considering it is a drop top. A good looking car that is sure to please for years to come.

Dependable like all my Chrysler's

by from Phoenix, AZ on October 4, 2010

All my cars have been driven on highway at least 25K miles or more per year and all of my Chrysler's have been dependable, its from maintaining them every 3,000 miles. If you take care of your it, it will take care of you.

Sad and happy to see it go

by from Alexandria, VA on July 12, 2011

My dad gave this car to me when I went away for college and now 4 years later its working fine. My dad got it brand new in '02. The only thing i had problems with was the flap on the passenger side that keeps the water out had to be replaced 3 times, but that didnt start happening until 2008. Everytime is was a hard rain I was always worried if rain was getting in my car. My advice is to make sure you have a garage to put this car in. Since I was in college I was not able to put in under a cover place. This is not an all weather car. If you buy it make sure you have somewhere to put it under. But over all I really love this car, specially when the weather is nice and I can drop my top w/o AC and just drive. Other than the flaps, nothing major to repair. I say GET IT!!!

Chrylser Sebring: Best Convertible Value for Money

by from Fremont, Nebraska on March 7, 2011

Chrysler Sebring Convertibles; the best money you can spend on a car, with a much lower than average mileage of any car I have searched for. I looked for 2 months at many convertible cars. This list includes: BMW Z-3, Chrysler Sebrings, Ford Mustangs, and Mini's. The Chrysler Sebring had the best price and the least mileage per dollar spent, the best options, the best condition, and the colors I wanted. When looking to the different factory Convertibles available my criteria was based on; Engine, type of interior (leather, vinyl, or material), transmission, power windows, color (body, top, interior) options, room of passenger area, MILEAGE (That was a big one). Be patient, and expand your area. Don't be afraid to do some traveling to get your car, USE Caution! Meet in public places, take a family or friend to get it. Enjoy.

great car

by from on February 7, 2011

this was a great car, no major problem just normal ware and tare. great engine, decent ride. only problems with the Sebrings are the I6 engines, the I4 are strong and reliable.

STYLE, COMFORT AND VALUE

by from Siesta Key ,Fl. on January 16, 2012

The car is a pleasure to drive. The only shortcomming is it's small trunk due to it being a convertable. The car drives nicely and meets all of my expectains and requirements.

Fun with a capital F

by from Northern Ohio on October 4, 2013

Just purchased a 2 owner. 41000 mile limited convert. My recently deceased wife had a 2005 with only 15000 miles so I could use it as a base for comparison. The 2002 drives identically. If anything it is a little tighter. Everything works as it should. It gets 25 to 26 MPG mostly highway driving. I replaced very noisy Cooper tires with a set of Michellins and the improvement in ride noise and handling was dramatic.. Since I do considerable night driving on twisty secondary roads I installed Xenon HID lights.. Well worth the expense.. Since I got this car my 2013 Escape sits in the garage and will continue to until Ole Man Winter arrives.

Great Car

by from Carson City, NV on July 2, 2011

This has been a great car. I am sad it is getting old. I get 30 miles per gallon. Have never had a repair bill other than maintenance. Very comfortable, good acceleration.

Our Expert Review: 2002 Chrysler Sebring