2002 Sebring

2002 Chrysler Sebring

$478 - $6,230  MSRP Range
2002 Chrysler Sebring

3.9

Have You Driven the 2002 Chrysler Sebring?

Great Droip Top

by DropTop Enthusiast from Georgia on Wed Jul 20 2011

Bought a 2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertable and cannot be happier (yes it's 9 yrs old). For a 9 yr old car, it shows little wear and all components have held-up well. Top and power group work perfect. Leather seats remain supple and all trim, inside and out, is in excellent condition. The only issue is volume control on factory radio is finicky. The V6 200hp motor moves it quite well. Handels well at all speeds, as well as in the rain. Limited road noise considering it is a drop top. A good looking car that is sure to please for years to come.

solid reliable car.

by the batmobile from west newton pa on Sat Jan 28 2012

bought this car in jan. 2010 with 19900 mile. It now has 34300 and it has been a very reliable car. I was a little scared when I purchased about how it would hold up,having only owned Fords and Kias. So we spent the extra money on a warranty,but I have only used the warranty a few times. It has a 4 cyl. and gets good fuel milage. It has a lot of room to streach out for me being over 6 foot tall.It is black and i put window vent shades on and I started calling her my batmobile.

Dependable like all my Chrysler's

by Certified Mechanic from Phoenix, AZ on Mon Oct 04 2010

All my cars have been driven on highway at least 25K miles or more per year and all of my Chrysler's have been dependable, its from maintaining them every 3,000 miles. If you take care of your it, it will take care of you.

Sad and happy to see it go

by First Car from Alexandria, VA on Tue Jul 12 2011

My dad gave this car to me when I went away for college and now 4 years later its working fine. My dad got it brand new in '02. The only thing i had problems with was the flap on the passenger side that keeps the water out had to be replaced 3 times, but that didnt start happening until 2008. Everytime is was a hard rain I was always worried if rain was getting in my car. My advice is to make sure you have a garage to put this car in. Since I was in college I was not able to put in under a cover place. This is not an all weather car. If you buy it make sure you have somewhere to put it under. But over all I really love this car, specially when the weather is nice and I can drop my top w/o AC and just drive. Other than the flaps, nothing major to repair. I say GET IT!!!

Fun with a capital F

by Tomab from Northern Ohio on Fri Oct 04 2013

Just purchased a 2 owner. 41000 mile limited convert. My recently deceased wife had a 2005 with only 15000 miles so I could use it as a base for comparison. The 2002 drives identically. If anything it is a little tighter. Everything works as it should. It gets 25 to 26 MPG mostly highway driving. I replaced very noisy Cooper tires with a set of Michellins and the improvement in ride noise and handling was dramatic.. Since I do considerable night driving on twisty secondary roads I installed Xenon HID lights.. Well worth the expense.. Since I got this car my 2013 Escape sits in the garage and will continue to until Ole Man Winter arrives.

Chrylser Sebring: Best Convertible Value for Money

by Convertible's 4 Me from Fremont, Nebraska on Mon Mar 07 2011

Chrysler Sebring Convertibles; the best money you can spend on a car, with a much lower than average mileage of any car I have searched for. I looked for 2 months at many convertible cars. This list includes: BMW Z-3, Chrysler Sebrings, Ford Mustangs, and Mini's. The Chrysler Sebring had the best price and the least mileage per dollar spent, the best options, the best condition, and the colors I wanted. When looking to the different factory Convertibles available my criteria was based on; Engine, type of interior (leather, vinyl, or material), transmission, power windows, color (body, top, interior) options, room of passenger area, MILEAGE (That was a big one). Be patient, and expand your area. Don't be afraid to do some traveling to get your car, USE Caution! Meet in public places, take a family or friend to get it. Enjoy.

great car

by payne from on Mon Feb 07 2011

this was a great car, no major problem just normal ware and tare. great engine, decent ride. only problems with the Sebrings are the I6 engines, the I4 are strong and reliable.

We really like this car. Very sporty.

by Oldbiker Family from Walla Walla, WA on Sat Apr 06 2013

Purchased this car from A & S Motors in Pasco, WA. Very professional people there. Car was in pristine condition. It rides and drives great. Fuel mileage has exceeded our expectations. Was a local trade-in. Non-smoker owned it. Car came recently serviced and with nearly new Firestone tires. We have owned new & used Fords, Fiats, and Chevrolets. This car is a great value.

overall a nice car.

by ggdodds from cadiz, oh on Sun Mar 19 2017

this 2002 navy blue sebring has a tan leather interior with a powered electric top. the sebring is an LXI edition with a V6 engine. has new tires , new struts and new shocks. A good value at the advertised price.

STYLE, COMFORT AND VALUE

by Snow Bird from Siesta Key ,Fl. on Mon Jan 16 2012

The car is a pleasure to drive. The only shortcomming is it's small trunk due to it being a convertable. The car drives nicely and meets all of my expectains and requirements.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2002 Chrysler Sebring

Sometimes you shudder when you drive a convertible.

That's not shudder as in anticipatory chill-up-the-spine, but shudder in a literal sense when behind the wheel, when every nick, bump, or big bulge in the road sets the car to pulsating, especially around the dash, windshield, and A-pillars.

Mad Cowl Disease, I like to call it.

Avoiding cowl shake is a challenge to any maker of a convertible and, the bigger the car, the bigger the challenge. Without the crowning support of a steel roof, the cabin becomes an open bowl whose rim can tend to floppiness.

We are now in a renaissance of the convertible, from little sports cars to bigger cruisers, and virtually all display some vestige of cowl... Read More