Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2009 Sebring

2009 Chrysler Sebring

2009 Chrysler Sebring

4.3

Have You Driven the 2009 Chrysler Sebring?

Surprisingly efficient

by cody from San Angelo on Mon Aug 03 2009

Well, I took advantage of Cash for Clunkers and retired my 94 Blazer. There was nothing wrong with it, but with Chrysler matching the govt money, I knew I would never get more money for my Blazer. I first test drove an 09 Compass, then I stepped up to the Avenger/Sebring twins. The Avenger handled a little better and the seats seemed more supportive than the Sebring, but the dash looked a little on the cheap side and was all hard plastic. The Sebring I bought is an 09 Sebring SE, black with the black interior. It has the 2.4L 4-cylinder and 4-sp automatic. Features include remote keyless entry, power windows/locks, cruise control, and an MP3 capable CD player with a year of Sirius for free. The first thing that struck me as I sat in the Sebring was how much nicer the interior was when compared with the Avenger. The dash is covered with a soft material, as are the arm rests and other places you touch. The interior was simple yet modern. The only thing I didn't like was the absence of some of the storage nooks that were included in the Avenger. The seats were comfortable. There was an unexpectedly large amount of room in the backseat, which impressed me. All in all, I was quite impressed with the interior. On the road the Sebring is very quiet on the road. The ride is smooth and it soaks up bumps without a lot of noise making its way into the cabin. Engine power is more than adequate and the transmission shifts smoothly. The steering is light, lighter than the Avenger's. I asked if the electric power steering could be recalibrated to match the Avenger's and was told no by the tech. He told me it was a different rack and that the suspension parts were different as well. Road trip: I immediately took the Sebring on a road trip to Dallas. I set the cruise at 70mph and enjoyed the Sirius radio. When I got to Dallas, I filled up and was pleasantly surprised to see 36mpg, especially considering the Sebring is rated at 30mpg highway. On the way home, I hit Dallas traffic for an hour, which was pretty much a parking lot, before hitting the road. When I got back to San Angelo and filled up again, I got 31mpg. Out the door, with the Cash for Clunker's money, the dealer matching cash, the military discount, and owner loyalty discount, I paid a little over $12k. Not bad for a shiny, new mid-sized sedan.

Sebring equals good value.

by DonO from Grove City, PA on Tue Oct 20 2009

I purchased a new '09 Limited in April. It has been a great car. The 2.4L has plenty of power for most real world driving situations. Ride, comfort and handling are all quite good. Paint and build quality are also impressive.

chrysler always seems to get a bad rap

by steve o from on Sat Aug 15 2009

i just purchased sebring limited with the 4 cylinder so far after 1000 miles i find nothing wrong with this car i drover others before purchase mazda 6 ford honda toyota the only thing that is higher end ont the others is their price sebring was reasonable price with alot of extras. go ahead and buy your boring hondas toyota which are over priced

This car is a dream

by Just another dumb blonde from Connecticut on Wed Feb 09 2011

The 2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible turned out to be much better all around than I had expected when I purchased mine, used with 30,k miles on it. Comfort, one-button to take the top down and put it back up, smooth ride, awesome handling. It's my beautiful, classy-looking, no hassle car.

Good Car

by Ndfan from Company Car on Sat Aug 04 2012

Good car change the oil put in gas I have 139,564 miles on mine with no issues. Great car on the highway.

Impressed

by Bigcougar from Layton, Utah on Fri Oct 09 2009

I love my Sebring. It cost less than the competition and the ride is just as nice if not nicer. I drove my 2.7 v6 home and have taken it on several trips on the highway and get 33 miles per gallon at 70 miles per hour. Glad I have a v6 for the extra power.

Decent car for the money good tires

by Rclanton 3 from Commerce ga on Sun Oct 22 2017

It runs good as always when you buy a used vehicle your probably gonna have a few repairs to make other than that it’s good.

it's a good car

by meemo from Ringgold/Ga on Wed Aug 19 2009

So far so good,I bought this car in exchange of 8syl 1998 crown victoria,I loved it I even did not even check it out. After I took it home,I start reading some reviews,I mean some of them are so mean,and all the things they said was a matter of taste .for examble they wrote that the car has an ugly body style,but who to say? I personaly loved it. However....the Engin is awsom,the waranty is awsom,the gas milg is great,smoth ride,safety is amazing,I mean the main things we look in a car when we buy it are all in this car,as I said,Engin,Transmition,waranty,Safety....etc,It's an excelent American made car,and much better than Honda,Mazda,Nusan....and cheeper.

Very nice car love the ragtop

by Terrymobile from Alliance Ohio on Mon May 02 2011

I really like the car but it is very under powered! This car has really good fuel mileage and the ride is very nice! I think the car is sharp,just a liitt

1st car I owned. Got me where I needed.

by Dcrenshaw on Fri Aug 25 2017

I love this car haven't had many major problems, could use a little more legroom Very luxury car! Nc

1 2

Our Take on the 2009 Chrysler Sebring

The 2009 Chrysler Sebring is the white bread of sedans, and depending on where you stand in the bread section of your supermarket, you know that can mean a lot of different things.

The test car arrived in my driveway bright blue and fresh-looking. While the Sebring hasn't been updated for this year, it still looks current. A glance through the window showed me a Dark Slate Gray leather interior with brushed metal and tortoiseshell accents. Not bad, I thought. So much for a plain old PB&J on white bread; this car might be a bit more than I anticipated - maybe PB&J with extra-crunchy peanut butter.

The Sebring has a remote-start button on its keyfob. Fancy! A quick look through the car told me that it... Read More