2000 Nubira

2000 Daewoo Nubira

2000 Daewoo Nubira

4.3

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 2000 Daewoo Nubira?

Daewoo

by Mr. Dalaer from Louisville on Thu Jul 20 2006

I have been happy as a first time owner of a 2000 Daewoo. It handles well. I really enjoy the outside mirror heaters and the rear window defroster.

I love my daewoo

by Daewoo lover from Bloomington on Fri Aug 14 2009

I love my daewoo, never had any problems with it! I have leather seats and a sunroof and I just love the features!

A nice car with some problems.

by Tuffy's Mom from Millstone Township, NJ on Sat Feb 10 2018

The car was a wagon. It gave me plenty of space. The GM Holden 4 cylinder engine had a problem with the timing belt. The belt broke and wiped out all of the valves. The dealer repaired the engine at no charge, but I never expected a problem like that with a car that was still new. The drivers door had a confusing security feature. The door would not open from the inside with the window open. It was pointless security. Once I was having new tires fitted at Goodyear. I told te service writer about the window door security and either he did not tell the technician, or the tech did not understand. In an event, the guy broke the inside door handle trying to get out of the car. It was a feature that Dewoo should have deleted!

Our Take on the 2000 Daewoo Nubira

Most people in these parts laughed when I told them what I was driving last week. "A Daewoo? What's a Daewoo?" Ford Motor Co. isn't laughing. The Colossus of Dearborn is the front-runner in what has been a contentious bidding war to acquire the beleaguered South Korean automaker, putting a staggering $6.9 billion on the table.

Daewoo, technically bankrupt, nonetheless has a thriving business in Eastern Europe and the Far East, producing a range of cars and trucks that Ford thinks likely to provide it a quick-fix leg up in emerging markets. Daewoo certainly doesn't lack ambition. Though facing balance-sheet difficulties, it has even taken on the U.S. market, going from 15 company-owned stores... Read More