2011 Caliber

2011 Dodge Caliber

3.8

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2011 Dodge Caliber?

Nice Car, but rattles

by Commuter from Salt Lake City< UT on Wed Jun 27 2012

It's a nice looking car and it handles great. It's also lower priced and built a little flimsy. Not overly sturdy, but sufficient, I guess. I don't expect the handles to break, but the doors bow in when you lean on them. The frame also rattles and squeaks when you go over a bump. Not really a problem, but it feels a little flimsy. I'm getting highway MPG in the mid 20s. For this light of a car, I'd expect high 20s or low 30s. Also, the braking takes a little getting used to. Since it reacts quickly. It has some nice features, but definitely a low-end car.

High Caliber Hatchback!!!

by KevinV from Topeka, KS on Wed May 17 2017

We were looking for a replacement for our 2003 PT Cruiser. We wanted a vehicle that would get me too and from work and then get us too and from our fishing and hunting spots on the weekends. The Caliber delivers!!! It has plenty of room for gear and kids, averages 24mpg and hasn't required anything but routine maintenance in 52k miles.

Caliber

by jr72 from on Mon Mar 02 2015

This is the second Caliber I have owned. The pickup is great for a 4 cylinder. Handling is good and the interior is better than I expected. The transmission shifts smooth and is aggressive. Well build car and I get 24-25 mpg in the city. Not bad!!!

Love it and hate it.

by steve from canada on Sat Feb 24 2018

Car looks fantastic and inside is very comfy with lots of room. Sucks for going in reverse when backing out, lots of blind spots. Love sitting up high like an suv while still being compact size. Gas mileage though is pathetic, Dodge should be ashamed of themselves. My other car had same size engine and i got 500km on a full tank wheres the Dodge has a larger tank and I'm only getting a little over 400km, would return it on this issue alone but love the drive so I'm torn.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Little Car!

by Bob_F from Wilmington, DE on Wed Apr 11 2018

I picked up a 2011 Caliber after having my mechanic give it the blessing. It had only 24000 miles on it, and was a salvage rebuild, but I knew that going in. Got 29 MPG on my way from Richmond, VA to Wilmington, DE, and that was on bad tires. They will be replaced soon. It's got a little road rumble, but that's mostly from the bad tires. Other than that, a great car for not a lot of money!

Not horrible, but not family friendly

by brandyT from Troy, Ohio on Thu Jun 14 2018

The front seats were comfortable and not bad as a single person or married couple, but once you add children, there's really no room for them and all that goes with kids. In the 3 years I had it, there weren't many issues that couldn't be fixed with general maintenance and caused by normal wear and tear, just not good for a growing family.

Good Value

by Mentoron from Grand Rapids, MI on Tue Nov 08 2011

There might be better cars of this body style. I looked at several others before choosing the Caliber. The Caliber cost less new then many of the 3 year old cars I was looking at. I was not satisfied with my first test drive of the Caliber, because it did not accelerate fast enough merging onto the freeway. Then I tried the bigger 2.4 liter engine and am quite satisfied with its performance. As a driving instructor, I consider this to be an important factor. I am not out for speed, but believe confident acceleration makes for safer driving. I would not recommend the 2 liter engine,in spite of the fact the gas mileage is a little better. I like the little design extras, like the speakers that pull down from the hatch for tailgate parties, etc. Another is the water bottle cooler in the glove compartment area. The seats and riding comfort matches that of luxury cars. I get 23 mpg in city driving and 27 consistently on freeways. Not bad. Going on 5000 miles in 4 months.

Getting Used To It

by mrkernunnos from Port Saint Lucie, Florida on Tue Nov 29 2011

I purchased this vehicle new off the lot. The ignition is an auto type where you turn & release the key, took me a bit getting used to, want to turn and hold. I would highly recommend the vehicle. The transmission is CVI where it sounds as if it is severely slipping. Again, it sounds as if. From a dead stop pulling out into traffic, there's a touch of hesitation so give yourself room. In motion the cars accelerates quickly and is responsive to the pedal input; it's not a sports car. The head room is exceptional and one main reason for the selection.

Most under appreciated wagon

by Dodge Loyalist from Roanoke, VA on Sun May 01 2011

The 2011 Dodge Caliber seems to get bashed by so many people. Don't let them fool you into spending more money, especially if you don't have it in this economy. The Caliber has a super safety rating and is a real looker. You get what you pay for, if you want a well priced, good gas milage wagon, this is it. It is comfortable to drive. The only thing I would add is lumbar support. I moved from the Durango to the Caliber and love it. It handles like my old SUV, but just about doubles my milage. My kids have plenty of room, and the back seats recline. They love that. To me it looks as nice as any other mid priced car. What I liked is that when I looked at a 2010 used model, a new one was only a little more, which means they hold their value. Used Caliber are also hard to find which leads me to believe people who buy them like them and keep them. So when you read about how horrible, noisy, and cheap the Caliber is and looks, Don't listen, go check it out for yourself. I think those people might be comparing the Caliber to a pipe dream. The Caliber is a great reality and my family and I are glad we bought it everyday we drive it.

I Love My DODGE!

by DodgeDreamer from Houston, TX on Thu Aug 18 2011

Last week I became the very proud owner of a 2011 Dodge Caliber Uptown. I am absolutely in love with this car! When I bought it, the car had 12 miles on it and now has 804 (so I have done a decent amount of driving). I have wanted a Dodge for a long time and starting out in the Caliber has made me a Dodge owner for life. The interior is Amazing, seats are VERY comfortable and the back seats even Recline. The back hatch storage is much bigger than I expected. The Audio system in the Dodge Caliber is wonderful, sounds great and has lots of neat features such as sirius satellite! I chose to buy the one with the CVT transmission and at first it kinda freaked me out a little. The car I had before this one was a standard and the first time I tried to Accelerate to pass another vehicle it almost sounded like if i were in my standard and the clutch was going out. After doing a little research I found that this is normal and you just have to get used to it. There isn't anything wrong. Phew right?! I also like that the Caliber sits higher off of the ground than most compact cars or sedans. Seeing as I am 6'1" tall it is most definitely a great feature for me. There is LOTS of leg room in the front as well as in the backseat! I honestly couldnt be any happier. :)

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2011 Dodge Caliber

Editor's note: This review was written in September 2010 about the 2010 Dodge Caliber. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Dodge Caliber is comfortable and practical, but it has one major fault — poor visibility — that I just can't live with.

For 2010, the Caliber dropped its high-performance SRT4 model, as well as its 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine option. It also employs a new naming convention this year: the trims were changed to (in ascending order) Express, Heat, Mainstreet, Uptown and Rush. I'm not sure what the point was behind changing the trim names, but... Read More