2002 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews

3.8
Average based on 5 reviews

New 2 Me

by from Myrtle Beach, SC on April 30, 2009

I bought this minivan because of all the consumer reports on Reliablity. It is a wonderful vehicle. I can tote people around or load it full of bikes. Great buy!

Still LOVING Mr. Reliable

by from White Lake, WI on November 11, 2008

We had are van now for 6yrs 98'000 miles only true expense is: Air,Oil & Gas kid's give it a lick'in but it just keeps on ticking. We call him(minivan) "Mr. Reliable"

Nice little van

by from Tennesse on January 9, 2014

After driving a Dodge Grand Caravan for 20 years, I am really enjoying this Caravan. Yes, it is smaller, but I find I no longer have the need of hauling 4 x 8 ft sheets of plywood or sheet rock. This is a 4 cylinder model. It doesn't have the power of a V-6, but it does have great gas mileage. The grocery bag holders on the back seat are great. I am also enjoying the sliding side door on the driver's side. I find this to be the perfect vehicle for a retiree who doesn't need the room of a full size van, but doesn't want to give up load capability.

Great Family Car

by from Canton, Ohio on May 17, 2010

We've had our Caravan for 8 years now. It has over 115K on it. Only work we've had done to it were new brakes, at 90K and a tie rod at 100K. Been perfect other than that. We've used it to haul 5 kids around to every function imaginable and have taken it on our vacations the last 8 years. Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Still going strong and I have no intention of replacing the Caravan.

I Hate this Van

by from Brooklyn, New York on June 15, 2008

I have had this minivan for two years and four months only 62K miles. The mechanical problems are endless. I had to replace transmission, alternator, cataltic convertor, sensors. Local dealer is horrible, long waits and poor service. I don't think they checked the van before they sold it. Worst part is that I never ever drive it anymore. I had to bring my other van into shop, so I was forced to drive my Dodge after two days engine light came on, do I have to say more?