2002 Dodge Dakota consumer reviews

side view of 2002 Dakota Dodge
Explore the 2002 Dodge Dakota
Shop the 2002 Dodge Dakota

2002 Dakota SXT

Bought my SXT model new in 2002, Traded my 1994 Dakota. Still driving the 2002 daily. It has been an excellent truck. The only problem I had was when I was a mobile technician and drove a company van so my Dakota was mostly parked for about 4 years, the rubber hose on the evaporator canister deteriorated and the check engine light came on. since replacing that, no problems. 156,000 miles and still going strong.

Dakota Slt bought new and still have

Great , love it . We bought new 1 owner and still have . My hubby drove it to farm for daily driving. Now , I use as my vehicle I haul wood in.Gonna drive till it can no longer be fixed . Now , it is irreplaceable

Most reliable car I have owned

This gem trucks all over town and has been reliable since buying it in 2002. I hate to sell it, but I have nowhere to park it anymore.

4.0

Excellent sized small pickup

I have owned my Dakota since 2009 and have maintained it on a regular basis. I use it on a regular basis for pickup truck type work. Right now, it has 165k mles, has been lifted 4.5 inches including 285x75x16 Goodyear Duratracs. I do take it off-roading as it's narrower than the 4 dr Wrangler and only 3" longer. I would recommend one to any person looking for a small truck.

Great small truck

The truck is not too big and not too small it is just right as a second car It is efficient for all of my trucking needs

2.5

Good truck but....

Ran well but had lots.of undercarriage rust and check engine light was on. Called back a week later and engine issue still being worked on.

Spacious and Powerful

This truck has been great for all of my needs. It comfortably seats 5 people for a road trip, and has the towing capacity to boot. Overall, very useful, comfortable and reliable - I?ve never experienced a break down with this truck.

Nice Comfort Luxury Of A Sedan In A Truck Form

This truck is a luxury to drive, rides nice and comfortable, like a sedan. Only thing not great on gas mileage.

Reliable and Well-maintained

This truck has been extremely reliable and never given me any major headaches. It's turbo-charged and has great pickup for a pickup. It's not too big so it's easy to park in the city and handy for hauling stuff of course. Beware letting your friends know you have it or you will constantly be doing moving favors for them.

4.4

Easy to work on, comfortable

all aspects of the car were very comfortable, from the seats and suspension to the radio and the gauge cluster. I ddi a lot of work on it as I got it used, and the parts were easy to work on. The v8 that I had, the 4.7 was reliable and fun with lots of power. the manual had a heavy clutch and was geared for power low not speed, but it was quick and consistently drive waaaay to fast with it. Only problem I had was that it is meant for someone shorter than me, as I am 6'3 and had to slouch to see out the windshield, that wasn't ideal. if you are under 6'2, perfect truck, would absolutely buy one again, but would really look for the manual if possible. lots of fun and useful on ice or off road.