2004 Dodge Dakota

Great dependable work truck.

by from Elizabethville, PA on August 12, 2017

This truck has been very dependable from the day we bought it almost 10 years ago. We used the truck to carry furniture to and from public auctions. Still running strong at 173,000 miles. We have found the Dodge Dakota is more hefty compared to the Ford Ranger. That is why we are selling the 2004 and have bought a 2010 Dodge Dakota recently.

Uses car for Towing

best small truck out there!

by from Los Angeles CA on May 31, 2017

I bought the 4.7 V8 quad cab (manual) in 04' with 8miles on it. I use it for work, daily commutes, towing and long trips. just regular maintenance and new tires. I've put over 130,000 and finally blown out 2 of the cylinders. Looking for a new engine now to keep it rolling I love this truck.

great truck

by from concord on May 14, 2017

Great value. This truck runs and drives great. I know Ill have this truck for a while. I like the bed space and the interior is very roomy and comfortable

Love the truck

by from Auburn IN on April 4, 2017

One of the best vichles I've had!! Loving it! I went to several Auto dealers looking for just the right truck...and when I saw this '04 Dodge Dakota...I knew it was the One for Me!!

Excellent truck!

by from Spring hill, FL on May 17, 2016

I have the the quad cab 4x2 3.7l SXT. This is the first dodge vehcile i have ever owned (normally Ford). I have to say that I honestly LOVE this truck. It was purchased almost 2 years ago with roughly 115k just about 125k on it now. I have not done a single thing to this truck other than oil changes and some new wheels. Truck starts up without hesitation first try every time. My one and only complaint about this pickup is the quality of the paint which i noticed is pretty common with the 04 dodges (neon,ram,stratus etc..) Excellent handling excellent acceleration, can tow what i need.. Large roomy cabin for a midsize pickup can comfortably put my daughters full size rear facing car seat in back seat with still plenty of leg room for front passenger. Its built tough and you feel safe driving it which is one of the biggest reasons i purchased it.. I was unfortunately rear-ended about 6 months ago by a Ford Ranger quad cab while i was at a dead stop and he hit me doing roughly 40; the ranger needless to say was immediately totaled and my dakota literally ate the hit.. The only damage I have is on the rear bumper which isnt even horrible its just dented. Very confident in saying for the dads out there that still want a pickup invest in a Dakota. Owned a ford focus before this and sold it for my dakota because i didnt feel comfortable putting my daughter in the backseat of the focus. I will drive this truck until it will no longer move. Extremely pleased with dodges quality and will most certainly be a continuing dodge costumer in the future(perhaps quad cab RAM)

Great truck!

by from Greater Chicago area on July 28, 2015

This is my 4th Dakota and I've owned this one for the longest - over 11 years - and driven it the furthest - 234,000 miles (yes, 234,000 miles). I bought it new and I love this truck! The truck is 2X4 with a 3.7 V6. I added a K&N air filter, a Lear cap and a rear stabilizer bar. Mileage has consistently been 17 mpg in-town, 21 mpg on the highway (and I consistently drive 75 to 80 mph). Occasionally I pull a 5x10 utility trailer. * _All_ service has been done at the same independent shop * Oil changed religiously every 5000 miles with Mobil 1 - expensive but it's hard to argue with 234,000 miles and still going strong. * Transmission rebuilt at 108,000 miles * Power steering pump replaced around 150,000 * Water pump replaced around 180,000 miles * Front suspension rebuilt @ 200,000 * New radiator and condenser @ 215,000 * New right exhaust manifold @ 225,000 * New front hub assemblies (both) at 230,000

Great Truck

by from Enfield Ct on March 28, 2015

Bought this truck new in 2004 has 155000 miles on it now. only replaced brakes and water pump, runs like a bear. I love this little truck

Aberdeen Chrysler (South Dakota)

by from Billings, MT on July 13, 2013

Great truck! Good condition. Runs good. Nice interior. Everything works. Was taken care of by preious owner. Was a good deal for the price I paid. Was a painless and honest experience. Aberdeen was easy to work with in regards to me having vehicle shipped to Montana by United Road. Thanks Brad for everything!

Miss My Dakota

by from on July 7, 2013

These trucks are great. Had one with the 4.7 V8 with a k&n intake and flowmaster 40 exhaust. It had excellent power. This truck did everything I wanted it to do, and it does the job of a 1500 series truck. This truck laughs at snow, mud, sand ect. The interior is pretty roomy for a smaller truck. The interior itself is a little boring, but I didn't really care. I wish I never traded it in, but I'm looking to buy another one soon!

Uses car for Off-roading

surprise in a smaller package

by from Wethersfield,Ct on December 5, 2012

First time driving this little truck you feel the power of the 6 cyl motor. the handling is quick and responsive. the truck is very quiet no road noise or rattles. The windshield gives a full view of the road ahead. This is one of the nicest trucks that I've had owned. I would buy this truck again and again.

Uses car for Towing