2014 Dodge Dart consumer reviews

$16,495 starting MSRP
side view of 2014 Dart Dodge
Explore the 2014 Dodge Dart
Shop the 2014 Dodge Dart

It’s a fun car to drive around! Its a head turner!

I could always play my music off my phone through the Bluetooth! The AC gets as cool as cold gets and the heat is pretty hot! Once you hit the petal she get going!

4.0

Average car

Loud when hitting pot holes and 22-25 in the city but overall I enjoy the sporty feel and styling. Definitely not underpowered would recommend a test drive.

3.6

Surprisingly Reliable

So we were looking at a Dodge dealership, just browsing. My commuter car at the time was a 2010 Nissan Altima with 80k miles, purchased new, and after looking at a loaded Mazda 3, Mazda wouldn't budge off the $28,500 price tag. Got a fully loaded new Dart Limited with Rebate and a little haggling for $22,000. 192k miles later, here are my observations. Front Seats are pathetically short, my buttt hurts on long drives. NO major mechanical issues, have done oil changes at 5k since new. Major items include brakes replaced, Tranny fluid drain and fill at 120k even though original dealer said "no it's lifetime don't have to do it". Had it drain and fill at another dealer. Otherwise, has been surprisingly reliable with the 6spd auto and 2.4L engine. I got the 2.4L since I thought the larger, simpler engine would last longer, less parts to break - the 1.4L turbo seemed too complicated and also the oil change and Dual clutch service intervals were really short on the smaller turbo. Reviews bear that out. Overall, not a bad car - but trade in value has tanked. trade in value? I was offered $1,500 this past summer at my original dealer even though the car is in great shape, and KBB said 2,500 to 3,500. Dealer said it's due to being discontinued and low demand at this point, so they suggested keeping it for our soon to be driving oldest daughter for her first car - since these are at 5-7k retail now, it's the best way to go. I don't regret this purchase at all, we got our monies worth out of it - now our 2015 Santa Fe, that's a totally different story LOL

3.4

Muy malo

Hace 8 meses compre mi dodge dart 2014 y al mes de sacarlo del dealership comenzo apagarse estando en marcha seguido de prender el check engine. Se llevo 3 veces al dealership seguido 3 veces mas a landodge y nadie sabe decifrar lo q tiene el vehiculo. Llevo 3 meses pagandolo sin poderlo usar

2.9

Worst Car Ever!

Looks great, it’s comfortable, all the features are a huge plus BUT I bought this car with only 25k miles on it with a clean car fax and it was in the shop about every 6 months with some new issue. First time something went wrong the engine just would completely cut off in the middle of driving, no slow down or anything which was a HUGE safety issue!! It’s a miracle I didn’t get in an accident from it! The dealer replaced something and said it was “fixed” well it wasn’t so I took it back to the dealer again and they replaced the whole engine! I had to fight Dodge just to get a rental or loaner car even though the whole engine needed replaced!! Even after replacing the engine I still constantly was having to get it towed and taken to the dealer for things going wrong. In only 3 years of owning it I paid thousands in repairs.

So far so good

Just purchased 5 year old Dart GT - Header Orange and all options, 6 spd. Great little car and nice details. It's like a Little Charger.

Great car!

This car has everything I want in a car. Heated seats/wheel, touchscreen dash, Bluetooth, backup cam, leather seats, power mirrors, heated mirrors, and more! Also has a sleek exterior, pretty good on gas as well

Very good car

No complaints. The front seats are excellent, very comfortable. Nice ride, much more comfortable than a Mazda 3 that I rented once. The 2.4L engine is very smooth with 6-speed automatic (not a CVT). Only minor problem has been in the wire routing around the trunk lid hinge, I had to fix one broken wire giving power to the trunk light. Great handling with Rallye package & 17" wheels. Very nice interior appearance. I really like this car. Back seats are good as well, for two, much more comfortable than a RAV4 that I've ridden in.

4.1

Very good little car

everything is in there heated seats big screen radio sunroof only flaws is missing the Navigation there is also plenty of room for a smaller car

4.1

Good basic car

This car is a great commuter vehicle. It's great on gas, has a lot of interior space and a nice sporty look. We bought it used at a great price and we are hoping it will last us for several years.