Read or write a review.

4.5
Average based on 13 reviews

Great Vehicle

by from Fort Worth, TX on July 27, 2008

Can carry almost anything in the Durango from 6 adults very comfortably to bikes, and anything else you can think of in the back. Sometimes use this verses the truck to carry things.

Best SUV Ive Owned

by from Wenatchee, WA on June 19, 2007

Driven a Durango... Loved it. The older ones did have some problems mechanically, but the newer ones seem to have everything worked out. I have alwasy been a fan of Dodge products, but have fallen in love with the Durango. Its great for the Dad thats wants thr truck to haul all the toys, but the mom who wants comfort for the whole family.

Sacrifice MPG for Safety

by from Denver, CO on September 11, 2013

I owned a 2001 Dodge Durango for about a year. In that time, the vehicle tackled snow with ease, climbed the Rocky Mountains here in Colorado, and saved me from a triple head-on collision with a concrete center divider when I hydroplaned in a rain storm. Though the vehicle's front end was 110% totaled, the cab and its contents with untouched. Ive just purchased a new(er) Dodge Durango and know I will get the same results should tragedy strike again.

i love my 2001 durango got it used 5yrs ago

by from belvider nj on December 3, 2014

the best truck I ever owned reliable powerful got it used with 155,000 miles like new condition in 2009 I would buy an other durango again great suv

Worst Gas Milage Ever.

by from Gaston, SC on May 31, 2007

This suv eats gas like no other. We are acutally buying a new car just to get rid of this monster. Its always having engine problems. ever since we have bought it.. about twice a year something goes wrong inside the hood.. The front seats are very comfortable. The back seat is nice too. The third seat is so little my butt's always fallin off. and for some reason me and hubby always get dizzy if we are not driving.. but only in this car.

Very durable, excellent snow vehicle!

by from Kennewick, WA on January 12, 2010

I lived in Northern Idaho where 6' of snow is the norm in the winter. My durango powered through it like it was nothing, excellent handling and performance, even though its now 9 years old, any problems I've had with it have been very inexpensive and easy to fix. The third row seat is a dream come true for the busy mom on the go! I highly recommend the 2001 Dodge Durango SLT to anyone! I would definetly buy a Durango again!

'01 Durango

by from Dowling, MI on January 30, 2010

I have put a lot of hard miles on my Durango, and it stood up to the test. Plenty of power from the 4.7 V8. Plenty of room for my family. Great little truck.

Not very reliable

by from Maine on April 25, 2009

Bought this for my wife used, 5 years ago. Very poor gas mileage, had mechanical troubles almost from the start, nothing very easy or inexpensive to fix. The biggest that come to mind are both rear leaf springs (within 18 months of owning) had to replace a steering knuckle in the column, front driveshaft failed, water pump and air conditioner compressor failed and the latest is a check engine 1740 code for transmission troubles. The best part of the vehicle is the comfortable ride and all the bells and whistles, but they do not make up for the issues we have experienced.

Great vehicle...if you find a good one.

by from Illinois on March 10, 2011

1998-2000 Durangos/Dakotas had major problems...engine sludge, faulty transmissions, terrible ball joints, steering shaft issues... I've owned my 2001 Durango Sport for 2 years and have only had the issue of the intermediate steering shaft going bad. I regularly change all of the fluids...yea, that's cost me some money but the truck has been more than worth it. So why do I not recommend this vehicle to a friend...poor gas mileage and the possibility of buying a Durango and dealing with the above listed issues. Dodge never lived up to taking care of the issues that were noted by thousands of owners and therefore have lost a lot of buyers. My truck has been great but I also did a lot of searching and I've maintained the vehicle as I do with all of my vehicles. Don't get me wrong, I love my SUV and it has been great to me BUT with all of the noted failures with the 4.7 and 5.9 motors that were put in the Durangos and Dakotas, I wouldn't want anyone taking a chance on this vehicle.

4x4 and more

by from Norwalk, CT on October 25, 2011

Excellent service!! I am very pleased with my purchase!! Customer Service helped with my credit and even got me a very low rate for my payments each month, to fit in my budget!

Similar Models