2001 Dodge Durango

Great Vehicle

by from Fort Worth, TX on July 27, 2008

Can carry almost anything in the Durango from 6 adults very comfortably to bikes, and anything else you can think of in the back. Sometimes use this verses the truck to carry things.

i love my 2001 durango got it used 5yrs ago

by from belvider nj on December 3, 2014

the best truck I ever owned reliable powerful got it used with 155,000 miles like new condition in 2009 I would buy an other durango again great suv

Excellent starter car or mini project

by from Moreno Valley on May 22, 2017

Good vehicle. I just don't need three SUVs. I also don't have time to make the minor repairs it needs.

Dodge Durango

by from Radford, Va on October 18, 2017

This SUV was a great vehicle and it provided me with enough seating for my children. I would love to own another one.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Great Performance for Size.

by from Georgetown, SC on May 14, 2017

I purchased a 2001 Dodge Durango with the SLT package back around 05 and it had around 60k miles. It has ran great and the only issue I am having now is the transmission. The transmission issue is understandable due to the car having over 260k miles. If you could find one of these for under 6,000$, its a great deal.

Very durable, excellent snow vehicle!

by from Kennewick, WA on January 12, 2010

I lived in Northern Idaho where 6' of snow is the norm in the winter. My durango powered through it like it was nothing, excellent handling and performance, even though its now 9 years old, any problems I've had with it have been very inexpensive and easy to fix. The third row seat is a dream come true for the busy mom on the go! I highly recommend the 2001 Dodge Durango SLT to anyone! I would definetly buy a Durango again!

'01 Durango

by from Dowling, MI on January 30, 2010

I have put a lot of hard miles on my Durango, and it stood up to the test. Plenty of power from the 4.7 V8. Plenty of room for my family. Great little truck.

Not very reliable

by from Maine on April 25, 2009

Bought this for my wife used, 5 years ago. Very poor gas mileage, had mechanical troubles almost from the start, nothing very easy or inexpensive to fix. The biggest that come to mind are both rear leaf springs (within 18 months of owning) had to replace a steering knuckle in the column, front driveshaft failed, water pump and air conditioner compressor failed and the latest is a check engine 1740 code for transmission troubles. The best part of the vehicle is the comfortable ride and all the bells and whistles, but they do not make up for the issues we have experienced.

Great vehicle...if you find a good one.

by from Illinois on March 10, 2011

1998-2000 Durangos/Dakotas had major problems...engine sludge, faulty transmissions, terrible ball joints, steering shaft issues... I've owned my 2001 Durango Sport for 2 years and have only had the issue of the intermediate steering shaft going bad. I regularly change all of the fluids...yea, that's cost me some money but the truck has been more than worth it. So why do I not recommend this vehicle to a friend...poor gas mileage and the possibility of buying a Durango and dealing with the above listed issues. Dodge never lived up to taking care of the issues that were noted by thousands of owners and therefore have lost a lot of buyers. My truck has been great but I also did a lot of searching and I've maintained the vehicle as I do with all of my vehicles. Don't get me wrong, I love my SUV and it has been great to me BUT with all of the noted failures with the 4.7 and 5.9 motors that were put in the Durangos and Dakotas, I wouldn't want anyone taking a chance on this vehicle.

Worst Gas Milage Ever.

by from Gaston, SC on May 31, 2007

This suv eats gas like no other. We are acutally buying a new car just to get rid of this monster. Its always having engine problems. ever since we have bought it.. about twice a year something goes wrong inside the hood.. The front seats are very comfortable. The back seat is nice too. The third seat is so little my butt's always fallin off. and for some reason me and hubby always get dizzy if we are not driving.. but only in this car.