2006 Durango

2006 Dodge Durango

2006 Dodge Durango

4.4

Have You Driven the 2006 Dodge Durango?

Walked Away ...

by Alive and well from San Antonio, Texas on Wed Apr 10 2013

Owned an 04 Limited. Loved it. 165000 miles with no major issues. Driving home from work, tire blowout at 65mph. Head first into concrete divider, rolled over once. When the world stopped spinning I got out and said I survived without a scratch. Built like a tank and saved my life.

Hemi

by osuops from kissimmee on Wed Jun 29 2011

I bought this knowing the gas mileage would be bad, I don't care I just wanted a nice big SUV for my wife and this is the one. Drives great and has plenty of room and options. Uses regular gas and gets around 15 mpg.

Amazing vehicle! Sad to see her go!

by nurse on the move from Tucson, AZ on Fri Jun 01 2012

My husband and I bought the 06 SLT 4x4 durango in 2011. It was love at first drive for me. I have always driven big, lifted trucks. Then I became a mother and needed something practical. This Durango made me feel like I was in a big truck and could go ANYWHERE...AND IT DID, we took this up the mountains to camp/off road it did great, Daily driving was even better, we loved that we could pack the baby, family and still have room for the luggage, groceries etc. I have a long commute to work (47 miles one way) so I am getting a sedan...but will miss my durango very much. it was a great machine! IF you treat your vehicles right, service them when you are supposed to they will reward you with lots of fun!

Very good vehicle

by Randy from Powell OH on Wed May 11 2011

I needed a larger truck to pull my new boat. The Durango has a 9200 lb tow capacity, with a WDH. The Durango rated fairly highly in the reviews I read, with no major problems or recalls. I bought mine used, and I was looking at the SLT & Limited pkgs, the 5.7L Hemi comes standard with the Limitied pkg. I bought the Limited due to the price I got on this one. The heated leather seats, NAV system, pwr sunroof add nice touches to a very comfortable ride. It pulls my 8700 lb boat & trailer easily. When hooked up, it squats down evenly, rather than being tail-heavy, due to the independant leveling suspension. If you're looking for great gas mileage, this is probably not the SUV for you, it does not fare well, but it is a heavy vehicle. I've only owned this vehicle 4 months, but it's been a great truck so far.

Uses car for Towing

Great for the price

by recent durango owner from Sheboygan, WI on Tue Jan 17 2012

For towing capacity, comfort, power, and styling it's a 5 out of 5 stars. The only down side is it is a gas hog, but if you want the horsepower you have to expect to feed the ponies. Great deal on used ones most likely because of this though.

Trouble free for over 5 years

by Durango Owner from Phoenix, AZ on Thu Mar 08 2012

Everyone I know who has owned a Durango loved it. Purchased ours new in 2006 and have had to do only routine maintenace. It drives like a car, the turning radius is amazing. Very comfortable.

Best SUV so far

by 2 cents worth from ontario canada on Tue Nov 07 2006

Have owned Ford Bronco, Ford Explorer, Dodge Durango x2. This is my favourite so far. Dodge had some small convenience features in the 2002 Durango that should have been transfered to the 2006, but overall a more solid comfortable capable ride. Towing is a breeze, performance is great (for an SUV), Inside comfort and noise are excellent.

A fine vehicle with good style and reliability

by rojawa from Jacksonville, FL on Fri Jun 05 2009

This is my second Dodge and my third SUV. The Durango is huge inside and out, not as big as a Yukon or Epidition but definatly larger than a Trailblazer and Grand Cherokee. The inside is styled nicely in Leather (Limited) and has a high quality DVD system in the rear. The only thing missing was an integrated GPS/NAV.

Hard to beat for the Money, Super Smooth!

by Rick from Massillon, OH on Wed Jan 03 2007

I have had an Expedition, Astro Van and had quite a bit of trouble out of those so I thought we would go with a Chrysler product. Actually we looked at several smaller SUVs. Hyundai SanteFe, Kia, Toyota etc... And for the money this was a Must Buy! We wanted to stay at or near $25,000.00. It's hard to believe how FEW SUVs there are for this amount of money. Even the Kia and Hyundai were near $30,000.! And they had V6 engines and kinda a cheesy interior compared to the Durango. We got the SXT 4X4 with the 4.7 V8. It seems so smooth. The transmission is another joy, shifts are almost impossible to feel. We went to one of those huge multi line dealerships that had everything and drove 4 or 5 SUVs. The Durango just felt right, great ride, solid feel great driveline! Buy One you'll like it.

Best car value I have ever owned

by Richard from Northern AZ on Wed Feb 18 2015

AWD Limited model w 3rd row seats, rear seat DVD, etc., etc. Bought this from rental car sales at 2 years old and 35K miles when gas was $4/gallon and they were almost giving it away. Now has 150K miles. Only significant repair ever has been a transmission solenoid for about $600 at 90K miles. Gets 17 MPG city, 20 Hwy. 3rd row seat entry very easy. Rear seats could use a bit more leg room. Developed gas filler splash back issue at about 100K miles that was dealer warranty fixed (complete new tank I think). Great power, very comfortable, easy to drive in town or on the road. Will tow a house. A bit large to try to park in a tight parking space in a full lot, but with a vehicle this big that's kind of a duh I guess. I've owned about 50 cars including big and small trucks, other SUVs, Lincolns, Cadillacs, Porsches, Corvettes, Mercedes, BMWs, and Infinitis. THIS ONE IS THE WINNER.

1 2 3 4 5 6