2008 Grand Caravan

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

3.8

Have You Driven the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan?

It's a minivan

by dinkum thinkum from Texas on Sat Jan 07 2012

I have had 2008 GC SE for about 3 1/2 years. I was shopping for various brands, but eventually got Dodge because it was the best deal at the time. Initially the van, manufactured in Canada, showed multiple assembly issues, like rear bumper cover not correctly attached, falling off seat trim pieces, stripped thread on the armrest bolt, twisted seatbelt, and a factory dent on the B pillar interior. Shows that the Canadian workers can have a bad day every now and then. Fortunately, the dealer fixed everythig promptly, and I even got a loaner car. There were a few minor recalls that were also handled quickly by the dealer. Otherwise, the major thing that failed just after 3 years at about 22k miles were front and rear brakes. It was just outside 3-year warranty extension, so I had to replace them myself for about 250. At about 3 1/2 years the battery died. I was used to batteries lasting 5 to 7 years so that caught me by surprise. Anyway, it is cheap to replace. I like the rear Swiver 'n Go seats. They are very comfortable, especially compared to Stow 'n go seats. I like that I can put a 4x8 sheet on plywood inside and still slose the gate. Same for 10' long 2x4s. I have 2 kids and the interior still looks very good after all this time. At close to 25k miles the original tires are getting close to needing replacement. It is in line with my previous cars (Fords), which needed new tires after about 25k to 35k miles.

great buy

by ghost from el paso, texas on Mon Jan 16 2012

I own the 3.3 . very comfortable ride, really appreciate the child safety features, example child car seats build in. Lots of room. lots of storage. It does not drive like a mini van , it gives the reliability of an SUV , go anywhere do anything attitude. Great on Gas, 20 mpgs plus. The fuel/flex is a great way save money, every penny helps.. I bought my GC with 50,000 miles and have no complaints. Although do suggest dvd player for kids and captain seating with the storage build in table. also towing package will come in handy.

another great vehicle

by ziggy from fort myers,fl. on Mon Aug 08 2011

This is our sixth grand caravan we've owned. My wife and i each drive one.They have been trouble free, and each has gone over 150,000 mi. they out ride any car, with plenty of room to haul about anything, since they all have been stow&go seating. This van is a '08 swivel&go, with a table that you can put up between the second and rear seats. we love them!

NICE DRIVE

by momoftwocutekids from Columbus, Ohio on Wed Dec 08 2010

I was nervous to buy used. I decided to buy Certified Used and I am still not sold on the label of "Certified." I was under the impression that it was as close to "new" as "used" could get! Well, there is a 3 month/3,000 mile warranty that Certified Dodges are privvie to. So I made my list and sent my hubby in to have the minor repairs done. He was told, "it is a used car." WTF is the difference and why buy Certified then? Over all I am glad I bought my van and VERY glad I have a warranty, and bought the extended warranty. Within my first 3k mi. I already had a wheel bearing replaced ($1100 value according to the dealer). This morning I also received a post card in the mail that I have a recall on my power sliding door also!!! Thank heaven I have another 45k mi. left on my warranties!!! The whole time I had a rental car, my kids wanted the van back, so did I! OVERALL I am happy w/ my purchase!

3rd Dodge Gr Caravan

by Dodge driver from Port Deposit, MD on Tue Jun 17 2008

I traded my 05 for the new 08 a couple of months ago. The interior design is customized for the driver! Love It!! I really like how everything is in front of me. I have 3 teenage sons, and each of them have plenty of space for trips. We drive to the beach (2hr trip) every Friday-Sunday, and this is the first vehicle they don't fight in! The handling of this van is great. I really like the exterior design. The driver has plenty of room, and when someone is in the seat behind the driver, they can slide that seat back for more leg room if neede. Stow-N-Go, great design. I can easily stow them and get them back out. The "trunk" space is great for those groceries. No more rolling vegies! Having 4 windows go down! Wow! It makes driving so much nicer. I'm glad I bought it!

BEST CAR EVER

by Minivan Fam from chicago,Il on Fri Feb 01 2008

it is great for anytime. great for kids, and family, camping, 10 hour drives, etc. It has great handling, accel, power, AND MOST OF ALL GREAT MPG.never hand any problems, w/ the 2 dvds, videogaming, sto"n" go, seets, stainless fabric, or anything overall!

Heard bad luck but LOVE my VAN very reliable

by Vanessasgrammy from Allentown PA on Wed Jul 20 2011

We have 36,000 on our 2008 and only problem ever had we brake pads at 22K and the Chrylser extended warranty coverage because of break deficiencies, covered all but $100 of brake job. NO problems with anything else and we get 19mpg city and 32 on expressway! Hard to beat. Daughter had problems with her Town & COuntry sliding doors and found mice ate the wires so the INSURANCE company paid for it in full! LOVE THIS CAR---we leased it new and are going to buy it.

VERY impressed, so far

by lunchbox from Antelope Valley CA on Wed Jan 09 2008

Ive owned every type/brand of mini-van made(minus the kia)... to include the ORIGIONAL... THE VW BUS! This by far is my favorite. I like the 3.8 version, as it gives me enough power to move down the highway, while still maintaining acceptable gas mileage.. The re-designed exterior is a VERY nice upgrade. I was amazed with the interior re-design as well... one of my favorite features is the "halo" lighting... its amazing how something so simple, can be such an important feature... overall.... i would definitly reccomend this vehicle

No more chrysler products for me

by bummed out Caravan owner from Savannah Ga on Fri Jun 27 2014

Have owned a dodge van for 32 years buying some new some used. I have spent more on the 2008 Van than I did on all of may other vans together ( 6 total ). Now my AC is not working and after looking up the complaints on the internet it appears My lemon has gotten more sour. I have have every issue listed as a complaint except for transmission. Its a shame that a manufacture can have all these issues with a vehicle and nothing gets done. Stop buying Chrysler product or they will keep doing the same. Remember we are the " suckers" who got a poorly made product. I was one of those owners who had bad brakes and I paid to have them fixed and then the recall came out. I was advised to send them the bill and they would send me a check for the repairs. They called me to inform me that to get a check I would have to let them keep 50.00 dollars for pay my claim. If I said no to this I would not get paid. They have a defective product I paid to get fix and they get to keep 50.00 to send my a check to fix there problem When will the madness stop. Stop buying anything that Chrysler makes, Losing money talks to shareholders who own a company that sells inferior vehicles

Does not recommend this car!!

Nice minivan

by Kaine from Asheville, NC on Mon Apr 14 2008

My recent minivan was a 2006 Chevy Uplander, it had GM's new so called "reliable" 3.9L motor and all it did was break down. New trannys, new fuel pumps, new every other pump you could possibly think of. Nothing but TROUBLE! It seriously was a joke, but after I bought a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan w/the 4.0L motor, I was VERY impressed. 1 point to Dodge and 1 away from GM!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

Dodge's popular Grand Caravan minivan has been overhauled for 2008 with new styling inside and out, more family-friendly features and additional safety equipment. The van is definitely an improvement over the prior-generation Grand Caravan, which finished last in a three-way Cars.comparison last year against the similar body-type Kia Sedona and Toyota Sienna. While that's good news for Dodge, the Grand Caravan didn't wow me (yes, even minivans can wow me sometimes) like the Honda Odyssey did when it debuted its current generation a few years ago.

Exterior & Styling
The new Dodge Grand Caravan sports a more squared-off appearance than the previous-generation van. The new look is especially evident... Read More