2008 Dodge Grand Caravan consumer reviews

side view of 2008 Grand Caravan Dodge
Explore the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Shop the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

Very good family car.

This car met all the needs. Great for big family it drives good in any whether. Economic very a lot space in the trunk you gonna like it.

Swiss Army Knife of cars

The 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan is truly a jack of all trades. It's comfortable, has seating for 7, all the rear seats can be stowed away to allow for a huge cargo area. It does it all and then some, the Grand Caravan is great for anyone who has kids, needs to move stuff around, or just likes having space for any occasion.

3.1

Great features but do not last.

I loved the features from the stow and go to the window sun shades. But everything seems to quit working. I have owned my van for 2 years and within the first year the third row seat wont fold up, the rear door wont work automatically to shut it. It only works to open with the key or button. The sliding doors randomly lock and wont unlock with the button. The sliding doors like to randomly open even after being cleaned. Its like every electrical option has a malfunction.

Overall a great value!

The grand caravan has plenty of room for our family of five. The stow & go seating is great for when hauling sports equipment or vacation luggage is needed. The reliability of this vehicle is top notch. We've never been let down when it comes to supporting all of our traveling needs.

2.7

Dodge needs to fix this problem

We had the problem that the ignition recall is describing. Power steering and brakes would randomly stop working while driving! I have 3 kids and one on the way and it was so scary going into the middle of an intersection because I couldn't stop! We did the recall. They switched the ignition and it is STILL doing it. It did it once last week and once this week. Dodge needs to figure this out before a family dies.

My Old Grand Caravan

Had a 2008 Grand Caravan until May 2, 2019. Good vehicle and I definitely got my money's worth out of it, but once it hit about 120,000 miles it started to get unreliable. Started to lose oil, and eventually had more small gasket leaks than I could count. Also had problems with the body starting to rust out, the electronic door locks, the brakes and alignment, and finally lost the starter, the exhaust system, and the radiator at 146,000 miles. It was a good vehicle, and I got it serviced regularly, but it just didn't last as long as I thought it should. 146,000 miles seems a little early for this vehicle to literally self-destruct.

3.9

2008 was a bad year for the Dodge Grand Caravan

We have spent almost $4500 in less than a year on our van. The heating and cooling system went out twice. We had to repair bushings that should not have failed so quick. The interior and the options are excellent. The video entertainment system rocks! Yes, we bought the van used but it only had 72,000 miles on it. It was bought locally and we are the second owners. You know buying a house is the biggest investment a person makes. Buying a car is second. Why do the big 3 automakers get away with fading paint, rusted doors, and vans like ours that breakdown at the drop of a hat!!! I?ll never buy from the big 3 again. The KIA Sorento is my next vehicle. I put 200,000 miles on our old Sorento without going to the shop once. 2008 was the first year for the Dodge Grand Caravan. STAY AWAY!!! Pick another year but not the 2008!! Also, you can?t check the transmission fluid. The dealer has to check it and it costs around $75!!

4.0

Exceptional purchase for the timing and need

I'm very happy with the mileage price ratio. There are clear signs of vehicular trauma however the vehicle seems to have been moderately to well repaired (first 30 days review).

Best minivan

I love the Grand Caravan. All the extras and the room for the kids makes it the best minivan I had have purchased yet,and I've owned 5 in my life.

4.1

Worth buying used

I've had this van for four years now and I bought it used. I had about seventy-five thousand miles on it when I bought it and now� it has 140000 miles.� mechanic will it have they had to have anything done. I did have a very strange electrical issue where the wipers would randomly turn on any electrical systems with just start freaking out. But once I pulled the� dollar 75 my kids had put in the CD player out� all the problems went away and it started working normally again.� the only issue I think I had is the gas mileage could be better by I'm still waiting for a minivan� that will get 35 miles to the gallon.