2011 Grand Caravan

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan

Have You Driven the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan?

The Dodge Grand Caravan for 2011: #1

by Parents from Seatle Washington on Sat Mar 12 2011

Our Deep Water Blue Dodge Grand Caravan, or "GC" for short has the best ride, handling, power, room, comfort, interior fleibility & charm than all other family vehicles sold in North America. Nothing comes as fully equiped. It has the most safety features for driver, all occupants & those outside of the car. I love the sightliness, back up camera & other crucial features that focus on others in & outside of the van, as well as driver. The new look is classic, while offering something modern, contemporary & even jazzy while the kids are tucked away with a sitter at home, allowing this mother & "dad", my husband to go out on the town in style. There is entertainment options available to suit the whims of every person onboard! Our children are kept occupied for hours of travel. As primary driver of our '11 GC, I am delighted with the new 8.4" information center, keeping all functions in easy view, with suppliment steering wheel controls & voive dectection aides. The enormous non-glare screen houses an easy to use navigation, entertainment & emergency driving system free of confusion & aggravation. I found test driving a new '11 Ford Explorer & a few other cars, especially Fords to be far too complex & cumbersome while attempting to focus on driving and the passengers that tagged along for test drives. The Grand Carvan excelled during our inspection of several, as did the more oppulant Chrysler Town & Country. The seats, trim, dash & all other fractions of the Dodge are treated with the softest, higest quality fabrics, carpeting, headliner, leather & other materials, switches, door handles, knobs & leathers (such as on the shifter) worthy of a luxury vehicle. There are countless ways to use the '11 GC with its built-in flexibility, seating arrangements, storage spaces, cupholders, drawers, toy drawers & such. We ordered a special leather clad R/T sports variant, but the special edition blue on the top luxury model in the showroom led us to purchase this one instead. The R/T Grand Caravan model is coined "the man van", something that interested my husband. Our new Dodge is what I would call a vehicle for everyone - males, females, couples & families.

One happy family

by The dude from Milwaukee, Wi on Wed Aug 10 2011

When shopping around for minivans, my wife and I looked at everything out there. We went with the Dodge Crew. The kids liked the 2nd row power windows and the read DVD option with the wireless head phones. The wife loved the power sliding doors and tailgate and the fact it has a good safety rating. I loved the new "upscale" interior and the climate control which includes rear climate control. The vehicle drives very smooth and has more than adequate power. The stow n go seats are a blessing and are very easy to use. I no longer have to break my back removing 2nd and 3rd row seats to haul bulky items. So far we have not had any reliability problems in the short time we have owned this vehicle. We hope to get many years of service with this Dodge Grand Caravan. Thank you Dodge for making this family a happy family when driving around town!

Great for Family Travel, Couples or Alone!

by Outdoors Family Man from Blaine, WA on Sun Mar 27 2011

I looked at every minivan sold in NA and settled on yet another tried & true Dodge Grand Caravan. This one, a loaded '11 model. Wow! Not only does the 2011 DGC look more upscale, it is all new inside & under the hood & nearly everywhere else, such as with the superior suspension. Likes: upscale interior feel, fit, finish, refinement, leather upgrade, ride, handling, power everything (including door opening & closing device & tailgate), high mileage (30's) and cost of ownership & operation. Dislikes: Hard to find R/T "Man Van" edition, supply & demand of the new 2011 Dodge and Chrysler Town & Country minivans (they were nearly sold out with waiting lists). That's it. No problems whatsoever. We take our '11 minivan camping, on ski trips, for romantic husband & wife vacations & on solo business trips. No minivan stigma as some rightly say. It is easy to drive, with no significant blind spots. The 8.4" navigation screen is a segment BEST and the Garmin system is so easy to use & contains all of the "must haves"" in entertainment, safety & climate control. The children enjoy the rear seats as much as the adults find comfort in the very roomy and refined front cabin. What easy to fold seats! The DVD features are better than those at home and there is something for each passenger to enjoy. This new Dodge does EVERYTHING right! Our 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan has been trouble free, but the 2011 is even better x100!

Excellent Vehicle (great value aside)

by Snowman from Georgetown, ON on Mon Sep 05 2011

The first thing noticed is the reaction when you hit the gas -great acceleration, short/quick shifts and meaty exhaust notes (can this really be a minivan?). Once you go through this double take you then will spend the next couple of hours just checking out the dozens and dozens of interesting and well thought out design elements, particularly in the interior. I've been driving the Crew version with Nav and most other options for a few months. We even recently scooped a headset from my other vehicle (3 kids) and it works just fine with the entertainment system. One of my most favorite options is the heated steering wheel. Our previous GC was an '07 with all the options also and the 3.8L engine and trailer tow package. That one bogged down badly when towing our tent trailer all loaded up. The '11 model, with Pentastar engine works great (you can set the tranny to use up to whatever gear you want, when towing I set it to 5th and there's almost no gear hunting and mileage is still excellent). After 6 months I have no complaints at all and am extremely happy with the vehicle. When you have such a great car and you throw in the purchase price (with the manufacture's price reduction), there's no competition.

Traded in for better MPG

by Silky from Pittsburgh, PA on Mon Sep 09 2013

First the good....On the love side of my love/hate relationship with this van. This van was very peppy for its size. I absolutely loved the stow & go seats (I could carry a couch if I wanted) and the power doors and liftgate. I also loved the high position (though my van did not come with driver height adjustable seat which I would have wanted a little lower as I am tall). Plus the overall space inside the van was awesome. Then there is the hate side, my gas mileage averaged about 16-17MPG. Also in the 18 months/15,000 miles I owned this van (purchased certified used with 22K) I had to replace 2 tires and back brakes, rotors, and new brake fluid. When the front tires suddenly went bald to the point of showing cord and the front brakes and rotors were going, I decided it was time to trade to a smaller vehicle. Rather than invest another $600 after what I had already spent, plus the horrible gas mileage, I traded it in for a Kia Soul+ with a payment very similar to my used van purchase. Managed to get a decent amount on trade in though these vans depreciate horribly (lucky since they said it needed front brakes, an alignment, and 4 new tires though the other set had only 6500 miles on them yet only 4/32nds left). So if you need a lot of space and all of the back seats to fold into the floor, and can afford the high gas and maintenance bills, this is a very comfortable vehicle. Just be prepared for those high maintenance bills.

Does not recommend this car!!

Seven-passenger Charger

by Married man, married man from Southeastern Kentucky on Mon Jun 25 2012

We chose the Grand Caravan because of the storage space and seating, but we love it for virtually everything. We bought the vehicle in late April, and took a 500-mile trip in May. It has room for seven people, though the back seat is a little tight side-to-side, and the driver seat doesn't have as much legroom as previous years. On our trip, we had it loaded with the maximum passengers, luggage for a week and a soft roof carrier and still got 22.8 mpg (city and highway combined). The floor bins held almost all of our clothes, and the area behind the back seat was great for a cooler, a plastic tote, and the remainder of our bags. Power is fantastic, especially for a mini-van. I tell fellow police officers that it's a seven-passenger Charger. When you push the pedal, it goes! The 3.6 liter is very smooth and responsive, and the six-speed makes it great on hills and on the open road. The slap-stick feature makes it a ball to drive. The only downside to the performance is a slugish 1-2 shift in auto mode. The Econ button is great, too. We live in the mountains and still average nearly 20 mpg in local driving. The backup cam and entertainment system are great, too. We have loaded the hdd with music and we haven't even begun to fill it up. The same goes for physical storage in the vehicle. My wife is notorious for junking up her vehicle, but the Grand Caravan has storage to spare for all her junk

Great family van , good on gas , smooth ride

by Hawwaiian17 from St. Louis , mo on Wed Jul 19 2017

Worth the money only visited the dealer mostly for oil change , break and regular maintenance , I have owned it for 5 years .

My Third Grand Caravan

by Love My Van from Northeast Ohio on Mon Jun 25 2012

This is my third Grand Caravan. This one and the prior one had Stow and Go seats, which is a differentiator for me. With multiple configurations, it is ready for any use. I bought this car slightly used. Although it was certified, one power outlet does not work and one piece of interior trim on the floor rattles so much, I will have to get it fixed. However, these minor annoyances are the worst out of three similar vehicles, so it is not so bad.

Smoother ride than expected

by DavidC from Nashville, TN on Mon Jul 08 2013

Bought at 66,000 miles. Smooth, quite, responsive. Drives more like a car than a "mini van". Stow-N-Go seating is great. Stowed seats provides 4' X 8' area for cargo. Cargo area not perfectly flat but workable. 4 Stars on comfort. The cloth seats seem hot. Leather would be nicer but I didn't want to spring for the upgrade trim models. 10 to 12 drink holders....geez !!! Getting about 30 MPG with hwy and city driving. So far pretty pleased with my purchase. Time will tell but I think I made a good choice.

Very Happy with Dodge Van

by GH from Lompoc, California on Mon Nov 28 2011

I've only had the van for four months but I have nothing but praise for it. Electronics are superb, styling is sleek, and handling is fine. Fit and finish are excellent. Nothing competes with Stow and Go seats and that was why I choose this van over others.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan

It's easy to tell that General Motors is going through a rebirth; it has flashy new cars, like the Chevrolet Camaro and Volt, splattered all over TV to shout its resurgence from the mountaintops.

But as Chrysler climbs out of its sordid past, it's counting on improving what it already has on hand in its Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep brands.

It may not be as sexy as a slew of all-new models, but most products we've seen get automotive plastic surgery from Chrysler have been impressive — and probably the most surprising is the bread-and-butter Grand Caravan minivan. After a long test with my family on board, I was shocked that this car was from the same company that produced the 2010 model I tested just... Read More