2016 Grand Caravan

4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

I love my "New" 2016 Grand Caravan!

by KenD from Bellefontaine, OH on March 12, 2017

Having owned three Grand Caravans all of which I got from Tom Ahl in Lima, OH. The first on one I put on 150,000 and it is still going for one of my friends--over 200,000 miles on it and the last one I turned in with over 207,000 miles on it with still 23-26 MPG. I love the Stow and Go's and the seats in the 2016 are so comfortable in driving, love the center console and the auto doors.

Superb ride, handling and cargo room!

by BigD from Gaylord, michigan on November 29, 2015

After 40 years of gm junk, was shocked at how how nice this dodge caravan is. First trip from mi to tn it rode and drove like a cadillac. Stowaway seats are awesome, window viability also superb. Mind you I also own toyotas so I'm used to hi end quality!!! Handling surprising . My first Chrysler product ever probably won't be the last!

Second one twelve years later

by Pippi from Kansas City, MO on January 15, 2016

I bought the first Grand Caravan model that came out with Stow N Go seats in early 2004 (2005 model) and have loved it for years . Always said I'd replace it with another and recently did just that - a new 2015 on Dec 30 2015. My ONLY objection is that most of them have black carpeting and interiors. Some have light side panels but still the black carpeting. I preferred the gray in my 2005 model. It was a great vehicle and I was never sorry for a moment that I'd bought it.. The new one is an SXL with more features - I'm liking them lots!

2016 DGC R/T in Black - My "Darth Vader" van

by Minivan Dad from Seattle, WA on October 21, 2017

My black 2016 DGC R/T looks great with its black accents on the wheels, front grill, and headlights. It has good power and acceleration for a minivan with its 283 HP V6, the 6 speed A/T could be a bit smoother but gets the job done. Got it new in Aug. 2016 at about $8K below MSRP, thousands less than a Toyota Sienna LE (no Leather or power rear lift gate). MPG in mixed local / highway driving ranges from 14 to 17, for long road trips on the interstate it's 25+. The R/T has an awesome Sound System with its standard 9 speakers and 500 watts subwoofer amp. Only the R/T trim has this audio system, the lesser trims have 6 speakers at most and not available even as an option. I've downloaded over 6,300 songs on my hard drive (rolling personal jukebox) and only at 72% capacity. Power sliding doors & rear lift gate and the Stow N' Go seating with its flexibility are great features. My R/T came with the Tow Pkg. & hitch, tows my 3,200 lbs. RV travel trailer adequately, subsequently the MPG is reduced 40% to 50% dependent upon road conditions (traffic level, speed, mountains, hills, etc.).

owner since 1991

by caravan aficionado from Salt Lake City, UT on April 16, 2016

this is the third caravan I have owned, the utility of a caravan is amazing! people, furniture, drywall, nothing gets wet or blows out. the first generation was a good kid hauler with a weak transmission, needing replacement twice while I owned it. our 2001 is still going strong with the only complaint being the brakes are not quite strong enough needing replacement often. so far I am very pleased with my new van and am hoping for many miles of service just like the others

Mom of 3

by FluffyMommy from Modesto, CA on October 19, 2015

Overall, I love this van. It's very roomy, I love that you can put down the seats and use it for large items such as furniture. The Blu Ray and all the features such as rear chargers and HDMI are awesome. Can't wait to take it on a long trip. The only thing I wish were more powerful is the drive train. You can feel it slipping at times, as if it's just not powerful enough to pull all that weight. LOVE the outside. Love how it looks rugged and not wimpy. That's why I chose Dodge over Chrysler.

Great vans!

by TheSpiritRooster_ from Ohio on April 4, 2017

I've own several Grand Caravans, I've had good luck with them all, pretty big deal, seeing I'm a Ford guy! It's my wife's van!!!

Fourth Mini-van

by Travel Bug from Lafayette, LA on February 11, 2016

Just finished purchasing our fourth mini-van. The Grand Voyager fit the family size requirements and the budget. May not have the options or resale value of the higher cost vans but, it was what we needed at the time. Our previous three vans of various makes and models have been exceptional for the jobs we asked of them and never caused major problems. Hope this van carries on the tradition and does not disappoint.

Good family vehicle* [*BMI > 20 required]

by MileSmiles from Bay Area, California on April 23, 2017

The 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan is an overall decent family vehicle that is very accommodating for children or smaller adults. However, the same can not be said by those with a body mass index of greater than 20. The ECON function allows for greater fuel efficiency but is limited to light-to-normal driving conditions only. Higher stress driving conditions such as those experienced when climbing a 3% grade will shut-off the ECON mode. I have read great reviews about this caravan and for the most part I can agree with them as well, but for taller and larger framed individuals describing this vehicle as comfortable is unlikely. I am 6'3" with maybe a pound or two to spare and spent many hours and miles behind the wheel and can say that at the bare minimum leg room for the driver must be reevaluated by the engineers, if nothing else.

Love our new van!

by Heather from Copley, Ohio on March 8, 2017

Our family recently purchased a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan from Van Devere in Barberton Ohio. It was the best car buying experience I have ever had. I would highly recommend purchasing your new vehicle there. I am also in love with our new van. It is so user friendly, convenient and an overall great vehicle. It is a tremendous value for all of the space and features like automatic doors and stow and go seats.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7