Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2016 Grand Caravan

2016 Dodge Grand Caravan

2016 Dodge Grand Caravan

Have You Driven the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan?

I love my "New" 2016 Grand Caravan!

by KenD from Bellefontaine, OH on Sun Mar 12 2017

Having owned three Grand Caravans all of which I got from Tom Ahl in Lima, OH. The first on one I put on 150,000 and it is still going for one of my friends--over 200,000 miles on it and the last one I turned in with over 207,000 miles on it with still 23-26 MPG. I love the Stow and Go's and the seats in the 2016 are so comfortable in driving, love the center console and the auto doors.

Superb ride, handling and cargo room!

by BigD from Gaylord, michigan on Sun Nov 29 2015

After 40 years of gm junk, was shocked at how how nice this dodge caravan is. First trip from mi to tn it rode and drove like a cadillac. Stowaway seats are awesome, window viability also superb. Mind you I also own toyotas so I'm used to hi end quality!!! Handling surprising . My first Chrysler product ever probably won't be the last!

Second one twelve years later

by Pippi from Kansas City, MO on Fri Jan 15 2016

I bought the first Grand Caravan model that came out with Stow N Go seats in early 2004 (2005 model) and have loved it for years . Always said I'd replace it with another and recently did just that - a new 2015 on Dec 30 2015. My ONLY objection is that most of them have black carpeting and interiors. Some have light side panels but still the black carpeting. I preferred the gray in my 2005 model. It was a great vehicle and I was never sorry for a moment that I'd bought it.. The new one is an SXL with more features - I'm liking them lots!

owner since 1991

by caravan aficionado from Salt Lake City, UT on Sat Apr 16 2016

this is the third caravan I have owned, the utility of a caravan is amazing! people, furniture, drywall, nothing gets wet or blows out. the first generation was a good kid hauler with a weak transmission, needing replacement twice while I owned it. our 2001 is still going strong with the only complaint being the brakes are not quite strong enough needing replacement often. so far I am very pleased with my new van and am hoping for many miles of service just like the others

Great vans!

by TheSpiritRooster_ from Ohio on Tue Apr 04 2017

I've own several Grand Caravans, I've had good luck with them all, pretty big deal, seeing I'm a Ford guy! It's my wife's van!!!

Mom of 3

by FluffyMommy from Modesto, CA on Mon Oct 19 2015

Overall, I love this van. It's very roomy, I love that you can put down the seats and use it for large items such as furniture. The Blu Ray and all the features such as rear chargers and HDMI are awesome. Can't wait to take it on a long trip. The only thing I wish were more powerful is the drive train. You can feel it slipping at times, as if it's just not powerful enough to pull all that weight. LOVE the outside. Love how it looks rugged and not wimpy. That's why I chose Dodge over Chrysler.

Good family vehicle* [*BMI > 20 required]

by MileSmiles from Bay Area, California on Sun Apr 23 2017

The 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan is an overall decent family vehicle that is very accommodating for children or smaller adults. However, the same can not be said by those with a body mass index of greater than 20. The ECON function allows for greater fuel efficiency but is limited to light-to-normal driving conditions only. Higher stress driving conditions such as those experienced when climbing a 3% grade will shut-off the ECON mode. I have read great reviews about this caravan and for the most part I can agree with them as well, but for taller and larger framed individuals describing this vehicle as comfortable is unlikely. I am 6'3" with maybe a pound or two to spare and spent many hours and miles behind the wheel and can say that at the bare minimum leg room for the driver must be reevaluated by the engineers, if nothing else.

Fourth Mini-van

by Travel Bug from Lafayette, LA on Thu Feb 11 2016

Just finished purchasing our fourth mini-van. The Grand Voyager fit the family size requirements and the budget. May not have the options or resale value of the higher cost vans but, it was what we needed at the time. Our previous three vans of various makes and models have been exceptional for the jobs we asked of them and never caused major problems. Hope this van carries on the tradition and does not disappoint.

Love our new van!

by Heather from Copley, Ohio on Wed Mar 08 2017

Our family recently purchased a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan from Van Devere in Barberton Ohio. It was the best car buying experience I have ever had. I would highly recommend purchasing your new vehicle there. I am also in love with our new van. It is so user friendly, convenient and an overall great vehicle. It is a tremendous value for all of the space and features like automatic doors and stow and go seats.

Not much you can't do with this

by AstonMyers from West Des Moines, IA on Sun Jul 29 2018

I have the minivan for over a year now, didn't buy it because I have 11 kids or anything, bought it for it's practicality and use when taking vacations. Has been extremely reliable and versatile to whatever I need it for.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2015 about the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan boasts workhorse utility and value, but drivability problems and poor crash tests might send you elsewhere.

We tested a 2015 Grand Caravan in Cars.com's Ultimate Minivan Challenge, which you can read here. A corporate twin to the Chrysler Town & Country (Dodge and Chrysler are both brands of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles), the Grand Caravan comes in an economy-priced American Value Package, as well as SE, SXT and R/T trim levels... Read More