2000 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews

4.2
Average based on 27 reviews

Love my Intrepid!

by from Salina, KS on March 13, 2010

I own an ES model and not had one problem with it other than oil changes, tires. This engine is the way to go if you are looking for an Intrepid. The front wheel drive and pick up has kept me out of all kinds of trouble. I wouldn't have any trouble selling my car to a friend as it has been a totally reliable car for me and super value for the money. Never had transmission problems.

Sporty,Reliable, and Well-Designed

by from on April 23, 2010

Good-Design, good interior and exterior, like the body and handling, first car,great handling,good features, just overall a good car.

Nice Car

by from Pembroke Pines, Fl on November 15, 2008

The previous car I owned was a Chevy S10 and it had some problems. My dad gave a Dodge Intrepid that he put a lean on becuase of a customer not coming to pay for his repairs. I have always been supporting American cars and I would say the this car is a good deal. I love the fact that it is a sedan and has a lot of trunk space.

Best car we've ever had

by from Ontario and Florida on April 26, 2011

Ordered new in 2000. Now over 250,000 miles. Using synthetic oil, regular maintenance. Important to have the 3.2 engine. Doesnt burn any oil between changes,,excellant autostick transmission, no problems and we tow a heavy boat. Only problem in 11 years has been the A/C. Replace the brake pads only every 2 years, never turned or replaced the rotors. Great trunk space, superb handling, learned to always slip the transmission into neutral when braking on icy roads.

Very Dependable and rides smooth

by from on May 30, 2009

This car has given me little trouble. I'm proud to own it and it has been one of my best purchases. It drives very well and rarely has any problems.

Mopar or NO car

by from Phillips, WI on November 15, 2011

This is the best car I have ever owned. I have had it for 10 years and it now has 148,000 miles on it and it runs like it did the day I got it. It has a sports car appearance and feel, but is perfect for the family. I live in northern Wisconsin where there is a lot of snow and I have no problems in the winter, just have to make sure I have good tires. I have the 3.2 engine and am I glad I do. Great exceleration, and still get 25-30mpg. Before purchasing anything else, compare all the details and look at reviews: by owners and experts.

Great Car

by from Toronto, ON on October 5, 2008

This car is a great sedan. Looks nice inside and out, drives nice and overall a great car. And comfterble

'00 Intrepid beats '08 Imports

by from The United States of America on January 7, 2008

I own not one, but two 2000 Intrepids (if that indicates anything about the quality of the vehicle)! These cars are reliable (both are equipped with the 3.2-liter V6), comfortable, and very sporty. I love the power I feel when I push the accelerator! I also average 33 mpg highway and 19 mpg city... let's see an import combine power and economy like that! Dodge built a fantastic car when they made the Intrepid... and made a big mistake discontinuing them!

Nightmare on Agar ct

by from san diego on November 12, 2010

While I really like the body design and the interior the 2.7 enginas are junk.Under powered and very high priced repairs.The water pump runs off the cam chain,when the pump goes bad the coolent drains into the oil pan.Time for a major rebuild or new engine

Good Solid Car

by from NJ on February 4, 2012

Been driving an ES for over 11 years. No major problems. Had to replace a fuel injector after about 150,000 miles. Had some bushings replaced. The only design short coming I noticed was that the tail/brake light harness connected to the trunk lid developed a short after opening/closing the trunk repeatedly. Seemed like that could have been designed a little better. The 3.2 engine has good power. I thought the 2.7 was lacking when I tested it. A big safe car, it let me drive the family all over. Comfortable on long commute. Got 19-22 mpg. The trunk is big - can easily fit 3-4 big lacrosse bags. Inside roomy enough for 4 growing teenagers plus a driver. Has enough of a sporty feel that it can be fun to drive. Now its going to be my teenagers car to drive. I trust it to carry him safely.