2000 Dodge Intrepid

Nothing bad to say about this car. Top of the line

by from Gilbert, AZ on July 10, 2017

This was hands down the best car I've ever owned. The keyless entry and remote start is awesome. Smooth ride, roomy, comfortable, very reliable. Love the dash, and the sound system, excellent. Traveling shot distances or long, I've never worried driving my family anywhere, the safety features in this car are top notch.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Solid and Safe Car

by from St Paul, MN on May 12, 2017

Drove this car for 90,000 miles. I got it at 114,000 and now at 204,000 I am replacing it due to front suspension issues. It was a solid car, lots of power (great acceleration onto highway), and could fit a surprising amount of gear. Repairs were few and not too expensive.

Dodge R/T

by from Mpls, Minnesota on April 2, 2014

Let me state first that the bad reviews are the well know 2.7L which have oil sludge issues. The engine was too small for the big car and too many were rental cars, Now on the other hand the ES 3.2 and the best 3.5L HO R/T are amazing cars for amazing values. I bought my 2000 R/T with 160K miles and love it for my commuter car. Fast enough, dependable (research the 3.5 HO engine) best engine made, great looks, and awesome handling and breaking. The R/T has major upgrades in its suspension and brakes vs ES and SE models. The slap stick is fun and shifts great. Im not just saying this but the R/T model has awesome sports car handling combined with a very comfortable interior and a huge interior and trunk. I don't need heated seats and leather its a very very enjoyable car to drive and a great value. Just stay away from the 2.7L engine. Its a shame these engines were even in the model otherwise I see this car as 1 of the best Dodges ever made, FYI- The 2000-2002 R/T models are hands down the best and are very rare if you can find one trust me buy it, you will not be disappointed!!

I love my Intrepid

by from New Jersey on September 25, 2013

I have been driving my Intrepid R/T for 6 years now. It is a great car, fast, reliable and causes heads to turn. I'll drive it forever. Just love it.

Good Car But Has It's Problems

by from Fort Worth, TX on August 13, 2013

This was my first car, and drove pretty good for a first time driver, but it felt like I was driving a tank. I didn't like how I could feel the road beneath me. It drove kind of shakey, compared to other cars as well. It had a good interior, even though it seemed cramped there is a lot of room, a good sized trunk too! I didn't like how the tires are near impossible to find. And the car was constantly having to get the main computer looked at. From what I have seen, and heard from other Intrepid Users, this car is notorious for loosing battery quick and dying easily. Great car for first time driver, or someone who wants to put a lot of time into it.

Best first car!

by from Chicago, IL on December 26, 2012

This is my first car and I am thrilled with everything about it! It is roomy, reliable, sporty looks , great value!

great car, treated me well

by from Philadelphia PA on May 15, 2012

I bought my 2000 Dodge Intrepid w/ the 3.2L engine and the clutchless shifting 4 speed trans brand new in May of 2000 and it is now May of 2012 and its still going strong. 195k miles. the only issues i have had were, besides routine stuff like timimng belt/water pump and suspension work (after 8 years, i think i have replaced the entire suspension all around), i had problems with the radiator/thermostat and had replace it 3 times, though at least one of those was a defective install/part. other than that i have done all the recommended routine maintenance. but alas, it is prob going to die in the next year or so. Dodges are not exactly the best built, and my mechanic marvels at my intredpids longevity. the interior isnt bad, not glamourous, but it is huge. the car is huge. great trunk, great back seat, lots of leg room all around, the engine is quick enough at 225hp to get onto the highway in a hurry and it cruises like a dream.

Good Solid Car

by from NJ on February 4, 2012

Been driving an ES for over 11 years. No major problems. Had to replace a fuel injector after about 150,000 miles. Had some bushings replaced. The only design short coming I noticed was that the tail/brake light harness connected to the trunk lid developed a short after opening/closing the trunk repeatedly. Seemed like that could have been designed a little better. The 3.2 engine has good power. I thought the 2.7 was lacking when I tested it. A big safe car, it let me drive the family all over. Comfortable on long commute. Got 19-22 mpg. The trunk is big - can easily fit 3-4 big lacrosse bags. Inside roomy enough for 4 growing teenagers plus a driver. Has enough of a sporty feel that it can be fun to drive. Now its going to be my teenagers car to drive. I trust it to carry him safely.

Mopar or NO car

by from Phillips, WI on November 15, 2011

This is the best car I have ever owned. I have had it for 10 years and it now has 148,000 miles on it and it runs like it did the day I got it. It has a sports car appearance and feel, but is perfect for the family. I live in northern Wisconsin where there is a lot of snow and I have no problems in the winter, just have to make sure I have good tires. I have the 3.2 engine and am I glad I do. Great exceleration, and still get 25-30mpg. Before purchasing anything else, compare all the details and look at reviews: by owners and experts.

average so far

by from richmond indiana on October 28, 2011

just as with our 1998 intrepid the tranny is starting to slip.smokes like a freight train.probably wont but another

Our Expert Review: 2000 Dodge Intrepid