2005 Magnum

2005 Dodge Magnum

2005 Dodge Magnum

Have You Driven the 2005 Dodge Magnum?

Reliable Car

by Bryan with a 'Y' from Salinas, CA on Fri Mar 15 2013

I bought my 2005 Dodge Magnum in Aug 2005. I have 352,000 miles, YES, thats correct. Every 100,000 miles I change out the timing belt, water pump ect... This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I drive for a living and used the vehicle most of the time driving all over California. Very comfortable car. Some have complained about blind spots, but ya just need to know how to adjust the mirriors just right. My only complaint is the cargo space is a lil tight. hard to get luggage and A GOLF BAG in there at the same time. thats my only complaint. I am, unfortunately going to sell my baby, but with all the highway miles it will be a great car for a high school or college student or anybody... it even has the original windshield...

Ahh man from an 04 maxima to an 05 magnum rt

by TJ from staten island from Staten island, NY on Mon Feb 08 2010

Well I had an 04 Nissan maxima and I wanted something with more power and rwd so I was looking around and I looked at the GTO,CHARGER,and the 300C.I liked the GTO didn't see all of them on the road and in ny that's big to be different but the inside was to lame. The charger is nice except EVERYONE has one and a good srt8 is still out of my reach and that goes the same for the 300. To be honest I didn't like either car because I didn't think they were fast but was I wrong.just for a joke I said let me look up the magnum but I only want the V8 found one and went for a test drive as soon as I touched the gas peddle that was it I knew it had 340hp and 390ft but everyone said they were slow and good for nothing they were wrong and so was I. I love speed and this car gives it to ne every single time no matter how fast I am going the power is there. So in short all I can say to help out the next person is go test drive on and the HEMI will speak to you.

Ilove it

by Tom's rt from Akron, Ohio on Mon Mar 21 2011

I wanted a Magnum since they came out and now that I have one I'm thrilled. The one I bought has a custom hood on it so it stands out even more.

A head turner!

by Red66 from NY on Thu Aug 24 2006

I have had my Magnum for 3 months, a 2005 SXT RWD. It was used when I bought it but so far I'm very pleased with it. I do have a few "complaints" that are minor. I tried to swing my visor around to block the sun from the side and the clip broke off. A new one costs $2.85!! I have a skid pan or heat shield loose underneath and it rattles when I hit bumps. It's hard to tell what it is actually because the car sits so low to the ground you can't lay under it. I need to get it to a garage and get it up on a lift. The clear coat on the drivers side door is peeling but we think the car was hit by a deer there and it wasn't painted properly when it was fixed. The dealer says they are going to take care of that for me. Interior creaks are amplified in it, but I think the major reason is that there is no carpeting except on the floors. The doors are plastic on the inside, nothing to deaden the sound. On the positive side it has awesome power for a 3.5L, first time I passed a tractor trailer my heart was pounding out of my chest!! I get double takes every time I drive by. It is comfortable and nice for long rides. I have pearl white leather seats and a sunroof, awesome! My 2 kids love it and think they are "cool" riding in it! Lots of room for groceries and we've even hauled large items by folding the seats down...who needs a truck???? A minivan can't take a corner going 65 either!!

Wow

by Carnut from on Thu Aug 06 2009

This car is all around excellence!I have had it for a long time now with no problems. it is so fun to drive on back roads or on highway. good gas mileage for the size of the engine. plenty of room to store anything. its looks fantastic and i always get compliments where ever i drive it and its very reliable, i can fit my three kids in it very comfortably with all there stuff.

Great AWD Wagon

by Commuter from East Lansing, MI on Mon Jul 10 2006

I replaced my 2002 Intrepid with an All Wheel Drive Magnum SXT. The 3.5 liter engine with 5 speed transmission gives good performance with decent gas mileage. I am averaging 22 mpg over about 8000 miles of driving. Traction and handling are excellent, and the firm bucket seats are very supportive on long trips. If you're a solo commuter there may be better choices, but this car is just the thing for carpools of 3-4 people. The wagon body style makes a practical hauler, also.

Superb replacement for SUV or dull Mini-van

by Magnum Force from Orlando, FL on Thu Dec 20 2007

If you need the cargo capacity of an SUV, but prefer a vehicle that handles more like a car, then you have to take a look at the Magnum. Or perhaps if you need to haul a couple kids and a dog ( but you're way too cool for a mini-van) , this is your ride. The Magnum has great styling, a smooth ride and excellent acceleration in the SXT and R/T models. If you want the best trade-off in performance and fuel economy, get the SXT. But if you simply have to get to the mall before anyone else, then you'll need the Hemi R/T. Before settling on the Magnum, I test drove a Mercedes (which shares some parts with the Magnum), VW Passat, Audi, BMW and even a Jaguar Sport Wagon. The Magnum was quick, responsive and spacious whereas all the others involved some compromises. I wanted a car that was fun to drive, had bold styling, and could also haul camping gear, kayaks, luggage and even 2x4's if needed. This one does it all. It is also easy to get in and out of, unlike some SUV's that seem to require a stepladder. The cornering, braking and acceleration of the High Output V6 are more like the Chrysler 300D. The SXT does not have a hemi, but the horsepower is more than adequate when you need to get onto the highway quickly. I would not be so sure about the base model engine, and so I can only recommend the SXT or RT if you need a reserve of power. Car has been 100% trouble free for 40,000 -plus miles. All I have had to do was change oil and follow regular maintenance checkups. This was the first American car I have purchased in 8 years and it shows how much better American automakers have become at quality & reliability. I am constantly receiving compliments on the car, and I highly recommend it to anyone replacing an SUV or unwilling to get a mini-van.

Excellent Vehicle

by Magnum Enthusiast from Edmonton, Canada on Sun Mar 10 2013

I bought my 2005 AWD RT brand new in 2004 (from the serial number, it was about the 20th AWD RT off the assembly line) and I'm still using it as my daily driver. It now has over 130,000 miles (210,000 km) on it, and I've had almost zero issues with it. Fantastic power, an amazing highway cruiser, lots of room, and looks great. In AWD trim, this thing is a tank that will get through anything in the winter, and far better than my wife's AWD Yukon Denali. The only downside is the less than stellar gas mileage, but you can't have everything. I would wholeheartedly recommend this car to anyone.

It's a shame...

by Jepstr67 from Minnesota on Wed Jan 08 2014

that they don't make these new any more! This is a great versatile vehicle. For those of us who hate both minivans and sedans, the magnum is just what the Dr. Ordered. With AWD this is as sure footed as an SUV and with the lower center of gravity, actually much safer in icy conditions. It is roomy and comfortable with extra capacity for long items like boards and pipes. I was even able to bring home a chair and ottoman in the back one day. The 3.5 V6 has plenty of power if you are looking for a little added MPG. I average in the low 20s. I've had 2 of these. The previous one had the 2.7 V6 which did get 26 MPG. However, it was not available paired with the AWD option I wanted for Minnesota winters. The car is very reliable even in sub zero cold. (-25f) Long story short, if they made new ones, I go to the dealer and order one.

Great Vehicle - lots of cargo space, comfortable

by Magnum Owner from Des Moines, IA on Tue Jul 11 2006

This vehicle turns heads! This is not your father's station wagon!Everywhere we go people have to take a second look. The ride is extremely comfortable, with lots of space for cargo and passengers. We have hauled home improvement supplies several times. It is very quiet inside, fit and finish is great, and you feel the quality. It also has more than enough power to accelerate any time, any where.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2005 Dodge Magnum

There's no argument in this household about the 2005 Dodge Magnum RT with all-wheel drive.

This full-size, five-passenger wagon is a hands-down five-star vehicle. In fact, there's nothing quite like it on the market, in terms of a classic family hauler that provides a sexy image, a Schwarzenegger-like Hemi V-8 and the ability to chew through just about anything a Michigan winter can offer.

We tested a well-equipped Magnum RT AWD with seven options, including a $590 protection group that included side curtain air bags, $195 Sirius satellite radio and a $225 inferno red crystal pearl coat paint job. The bottom line: $36,070.

SHE: I'd say our Magnum test wagon has the most personality of any all-wheel-drive vehicle... Read More