2013 500

2013 FIAT 500

2013 FIAT 500

4.4

Have You Driven the 2013 FIAT 500?

A remarkable car for the price

by Former BMW owner from Alexandria VA on Fri Jan 10 2014

I was coming out of a BMW so naturally had lower expectations for handling and power. Yes, it does have less power but what's there is more than adequate for this lightweight, beautifully designed car. I was coming out of a store to the parking lot last week and found two guys giving my Fiat an up-close examination. When I got there they told me how beautiful it looks (I have the Expresso with the Ivory/Expresso interior) and peppered me with questions. I told them I was initially interested because of the styling, both inside and out. It's "different" but way cool. It is surprisingly roomy inside, but then again I haven't sat in the back seat. It's really a two person car. Four can fit, but don't make it a frequent event. The instrumentation, sound system, features (power windows, cruise control, rear-wiper, Tire Pressure Indicators, etc.) are great. The Bluetooth system is simple to operate (voice-operated), and far less complex than my new Subaru Outback voice operated system. Mileage is as advertised, 25-34 MPG, handling is "sporty" for this price range, the design and aesthetics are awesome. My only less than excellent comment is on power. It is more than adequate for this size car, but gone are my BMW days with confidence I could rapidly accelerate to get through that lane opening two cars ahead (probably a good thing - driving more safely). The Heating/Air Conditioning works great - I could go on. Bottom line is you can't find another vehicle in this price range with the looks, features, ride, handling, and "wow" factor. No regrets - I love this car. BTW, I highly recommend the Maxpider custom "tray" floor mats for this car (and all others). They are extremely well-made, reasonably priced, and will provide years of protection for the interior carpet area. Oh, and if you want more power they have other models that provide it in spades. And did I say it parks like a dream - no more searching for spaces, it fits anywhere and no worries about dinged doors since there is always plenty of space on either side due to its small size.

What more could you want?

by Happy Camper from Kansas City, MO on Sat May 04 2013

There is only one word to describe this car... Amazing! I purchased the car back in January, 2013 and it has been one of the best values for the money I've ever bought. Many people will buy this car for the gas mileage, and this car does not disappoint. I find myself consistently getting more miles to the gallon than is advertised on my drives into work. I am getting around 33 city and around 43-44 on the highway. And for those who are taller and want a car like this, I am 6'4 and I fit surprisingly well into the car. I don't really ever feel cramped. The car is also fun to drive. I know it only has a 1.4 liter with 101 hp, but it gets up and goes quite well, and it is very maneuverable around the corners. Also, I would recommend the manual gearbox over the automatic one after driving both, since the automatic isn't what I'd call brilliant. Overall, to wrap this up, the car is fun to drive, spacious, very economical, and it just looks good.

She's got ot all!

by Buttercup from Pompano Beach, FL on Sat Mar 23 2013

My "little buttercup" is a FIAT 500 POP--yellow. I simply love this car. She is comfortable: seat is high making it easy to get in and out; the arm rest is high and supportive; the dash board is very informative and compact; the road view is excellent--best of any car this ole lady, of 82 years, has ever had in a car. This car is easy to drive and I do feel secure and in control. I simply love my new yellow FIAT and so far have nothing but praise.

Fun-love at first drive!

by Sandy from Virginia Beach, VA on Tue Mar 12 2013

When my SUV of 15 years needed repairs I had to rent a car. It was a Fiat 500 POP and I fell in love with it! That was 3 months ago and now I have one. This gas saving car is peppy, comfortable, and handles very well. Space has not been an issue- groceries fit well in the rear cargo space and fold the seats down to find plenty of room for gardening supplies, flowers, etc. It will make you feel happy everyday to drive this car. Awesome!

All Around Great Deal

by BD from ABQ, NM on Mon Nov 11 2013

I looked at comparable sized cars (The Mini, Yaris) and realized The Fiat 500 was a better deal for the cost. I have a low end Pop and am 100% happy. I've taken it on road trips, camping (little bit off road and it handles great) and can fit quite a bit inside with he seats down. My girlfriend is over 6ft and not a tiny human. She fits fine. I recommend to anyone looking for a stylish, affordable and gas-efficient (I've gotten 38 freeway by watching my usage and hovering at 30 in city.) It handles well, and is amazing.

FIAT 500 POP AUTO

by car enthusiast from Wayne,Mi on Mon Nov 25 2013

THIS IS THE ONLY CAR IN 30 YEARS WE BOUGHT AND DIDNT NEED IT.RIDES SMOOTH ,SEEMS RICHER THAN WHAT I PAYED,GAS MILLAGE VERY GOOD,32>38.ITS FUN TO DRIVE,WHEN THE WIFE GIVES IT UP.THIS HAS GOT TO BE CHRYSLER/FIATS BEST KEPT SECRET,WE DONT FIT THE DEMOGRAPHICS FOR BUYERS BEING OVER 50 BUT I HAVE OWNED 50 PLUS CARS AND THIS IS ONE OF THE BETTER ONES.IF ITS BIG ENOUGH FOR YOU BUY IT! NOTE TO FIAT, FIRE AD AGENCY

Floor it again Tony

by 'barth vader from on Thu Dec 08 2016

One year after buying a new 2012 Verde Chiaro Sport the dealer called to tell me about modified Abarth that had he had just taken in trade. One drive was all it took to leave the Sport behind and drive away in the Abarth. Its been over 3 years now and I have 64,000 miles on the odometer with nothing but oil changes, brake pads and tires in the maintenance history. This car is not babied either. Its my daily driver and my track car. I have a tendency to not keep cars much more than 2 years (so many cars, so little time...) but I just can't justify changing the Abarth for anything else out there. Well, except for an Alfa Romeo 4c but I'm not ready to stretch the budget that far. I just wish the new Fiats held on to their resale value. The old and out-dated "Fix it again Tony" perception no longer applies but the non-Fiat-owning keyboard commandos keep posting the meme. I know someone with close to 80,000 on his Abarth and he hasn't had anything go wrong with his either. With time and more evidence of longevity maybe we happy owners can start to undo the old perceptions.

Lounge 13

by Lounge 13 from Chicago, IL on Wed Jul 23 2014

Got my 2013 Lounge not too long ago and love the car so much. It is a Lounge with a 5 speed which is somewhat of a rare option combo and makes this little guy the best of both worlds. The interior feels like a much more expensive car with amenities like heated leather seats and a sunroof and complete ability to tap your electronics in. USB port and Blue Tooth as well as audio jack enable you to connect with your vehicle in many ways. Your car can even be turned into a WiFi hot spot if you pursue that. In sport mode the car keeps up well and the mileage is as advertised, even in sport mode if you drive normally and don't throttle it all the time. Which you will want to do because it is a blast to drive. Handling is amazing. The only draw backs I can site are some interior adjustments that are needed. With the sunroof headroom becomes an issue. There is plenty of headroom but the seats are very high up in the vehicle. I hear they have corrected this in 2014 by lowering the height of the seat. They are also now offering the memory seat for the passenger as well as the driver and a passenger armrest too which addresses my other issue. The only other thing I would suggest is extensions on the sun visor. Minor tweaks I am sure they will correct. Overall it is an amazing value for all you get. I want to get right back in this car every time I get out.

Great for city

by fjm from Georgetown, Tx on Sun Nov 03 2013

For driving around town and getting 34 MPG, its great. I have not taken this car on any short trips yet, so not sure how I would like it for on the road. I have a large SUV for that. Bought this car for the wife since she doesn't like to drive the suv. For 2 people this has plenty of room inside and rides and handles very good. This also has plenty of pep.

Lots of bang for the buck

by European car enthusiast from Glens Falls, Ny on Tue Nov 12 2013

Since purchasing my new 500, I've been getting 42mpg. 2 over the window sticker. Its also an ton of fun. Coming from several RWD BMWs I was expecting it to be ho hum. But I couldn't have been more wrong. Go give one a test drive!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2013 FIAT 500

The 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo is the best chapter in an otherwise forgettable book — a compelling version of a flawed car.

Introduced for 2013, the new Turbo version of the Fiat 500 hits a middle ground between the base 500 and the rowdy Abarth. It's a strong version of the Fiat hatchback, which was introduced in early 2011, but before you pop the Prosecco on your Italian not-so-supercar, you'll want to consider the limitations.

The 500 Turbo is the fifth version of the 500, which now comes in Pop, Sport, Lounge, Turbo and Abarth editions. Though it's priced between the Lounge and Abarth, the Turbo's features align more closely with the non-turbo Sport trim. Compare the whole group with the 2012 Fiat... Read More