2016 500X

2016 FIAT 500X

2016 FIAT 500X

Have you driven the 2016 FIAT 500X?

Really great vehicle!!!

by SDT from Phoenix, AZ on Sun Jan 15 2017

I bought my 2016 Fiat 500X Lounge 2WD new and I've put 2000 miles on it. So far no reliability issues. My girlfriend has a 500 Pop with 7500 miles on it that we bought new and no reliability issues with that either. So far I've been VERY impressed with this little SUV. My previous cars were expensive performance cars and when it came time to buy another car, I first looked at a 2013 BMW 335i convertible, 2015 Jaguar XF and Range Rover Evoque. I decided to look at the 500X because my girlfriend and I love her 500. It's not the best engineered car, but it's a great little, comfortable, fun car. After I sat in the driver's seat, the 500X just felt right. The BMW felt old and the Range Rover was super fun but more than twice the cost. The Fiat felt modern. The 500X feels really refined and is comfortable. I know many reviews said they've had issues with the shift quality but to me, it drives no different than any other car. The only thing I've noticed is that the car always wants to be in the highest gear and its slow to down shift for passing. If you put the car in sport mode or better yet, use the manual shift, the car has pretty decent power at higher speeds but not exceptional. Also, considering that the transmission always wants to be in the highest gear, fuel economy is just ok. I just took a long highway trip and it struggled to get 30 mpg. In town highway is better at 32 mpg. Overall mpg is about 25. The ride is mostly comfortable with a few exceptions of vibration on really rough roads. For a compact SUV, it handles really well and its even better in sport mode, as the steering wheel tightens up noticeable. The car feels like you have a good connection to the road and the car itself. It's very enjoyable! The interior materials and build quality are exceptional, except for the vinyl trim around the seat fabric. It's loaded with features and the technology is modern. I've owned other European cars and the technology on them can sometimes be weird and not user friendly--and down right useless. The car is also pretty quite, with the most noise coming from the tires at high speeds. Wind noise is moderate. Overall its comfortable and not objectionable. The engine is gruff and cheap sounding at first start when its cold but once it idles down, its pretty quite and you never hear it otherwise. Overall this car is a nice little SUV that's comfortable and fun to drive! I know professional reviews have been mixed but I would encourage anyone to try it for themselves. I'm very glad I bought it!

500x is great

by TADA from Massachusetts on Wed Mar 15 2017

I bought this after owning a Toyota RAV4 for several years. I test rode so many SUVs and they all felt so clumsy and sluggish, truck like and cumbersome. The Fiat is nimble and easy to handle in tight spaces. So far this Fiat is far better in terms of ride quality, maneuvering, craftsmanship, style, and economy. It is such a well thought out crossover. I will buy another Fiat for sure. It has unique style and is reasonably priced. Very happy with it!

500X

by Fiat driver for years from Orlando, Florida on Wed Feb 24 2016

Just purchased a Fiat 500x. Not too many miles on it yet but so far no hiccups or issues at all. Very comfortable car ,rides very well and seems to be tolerant of my mistakes when I drive it. I had reservations about the 9 speed automatic trans,but I have not had any of the issues I`ve seen reported about the shifting being somewhat slow or seeming to search for the right gear.The software latest package for it might have resolved those issues but for me ,no problem. The car is gorgeous in the Arancio(Orange) shade and draws looks when I`m stopped at lights or stores. It looks like a smaller SUV but there is a lot of interior space and the dash and controls are well laid out. everything seems to be at hand when you need it. The Blue and Me /Uconnect feature paired quickly wiht my Galaxy S5,without any problems at all. The ability to set the center dash gauge in the manner I like is a big plus. All in all I`m very happy with this new 500x

Fiat 500X Easy

by jorge0667 from Laredo, Tx on Fri Apr 21 2017

I bought this car as replacement for my Chevy crew cab pick up truck which I had a hard time letting it go; Believe me I don't miss my truck, This SUV has given me the fuel MPG that I needed plus performance is superb, Instrument panel is easy to read and technology is up to date. I find it very much reliable and I am very happy with it that I just bought a second one for my daughter going to college this summer. Love the car and it's looks.

Love to drive this car!

by AJ from on Sat Apr 22 2017

This car makes my whole face smile! Quick and nimble, very responsive. Only criticism is that the back seats are a bit uncomfortable for an adult and the front seat has to be pushed all the way forward to accommodate an infant car seat in the back.

The Crossover You Never Knew You Wanted

by Cateye500x from Irving, TX on Mon Sep 18 2017

I purchased my 2016 Fiat 500x with the Trekking Plus trim on 7/15/2017. I ?fell in-like? with it online through my bank?s auto navigator site. I feel in love with it about two weeks later after driving it for about a week. All my prior vehicles were either manufactured by Honda or Nissan, so I was new to the ?Fiat Experience?. It handles really well and takes sharp curves like a motorcycle on four wheels. The interior black leather with red highlights is something to behold, as well. And, everyone loves the panoramic sunroof. The entertainment/media features are spectacular with 8 Beats speakers, Sirius/XM radio, 2 USB inputs, an aux input, and Bluetooth to round out the team making the 500x a dream crossover vehicle for its class and price. The downside, I purchase an introductory year of the 500x. Which is something, up until this year, I have never done. As a result, I have spent far more time at the service center than I planned on costing me mileage and time. I drove approximately 50 miles to purchase my 500x with the intentions of it being my only trip to the dealership. First, the driver side seatbelt panel was broken. Then the liftgate latch broke. There was also a malfunction with either the keyless entry key fob or the sensor in the vehicle. Several times over the first month, I would be driving and the computer would indicate the key fob had left the vehicle. ?It hadn?t, but it did freak me out for a moment. All of the defects have been covered under the manufactured warranty so beside time and mileage I haven't had to pay for the repairs. Now that all of them have been fixed, we're back in business. I will say, unless you purchase this model/year with a warranty and extended wrap-around warranty be sure to budget for the unexpected costs.

Most stylish crossover and best value

by Alfanuts from Costa Mesa, CA. on Wed Jun 07 2017

Plenty of room. Comfortable ride. Neat sporty interior. AWD option. All the luxury vehicles cool features as well as Top notch safety features. Nice design and overall package.

most comfortable car that i have owned

by Fiat enthusiast from Bowling Green KY on Sun Aug 23 2015

The vehicle is comfortable to drive, very positive in handling, and good fuel economy. I have only 2,000 miles on the clock so i shall review after 10,000 miles.

Very enjoyable to drive

by PamD from Pensacola, Fl on Mon Sep 25 2017

This car is comfortable , has blue tooth, usb, and plenty of room. It is economical and has lots of extra's like lights that turn on in the direction you are turning making turning easier, passive entry, very roomy hatch area. The radio sound increases with speed and decreases as you slow. The seats are very comfortable. There is a lot to this cross over type and I really like the body style. I am more than pleased and wish this one would last forever.

Great car. Just bought it so learning about all f

by Nancy K. from on Wed Mar 15 2017

Love the color and the driving performance. Just went in to look around and ended up buying the car!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2016 FIAT 500X

With an upscale cabin, surefooted handling and a bunch of features packed into a smallish, stylish wrapper, the all-new 2016 Fiat 500X subcompact SUV proves downsizing doesn't have to mean settling.

I drove a variety of trim levels over city streets and highways, as well as substantial time on winding canyon roads.

Exterior & Styling
You wouldn't believe how closely the
Fiat 500X resembles the even tinier 500 — a two-door subcompact car — unless you saw the graphic Fiat created superimposing one onto the other. It's surprising how many 500 cues translate to the SUV, yet it's a cohesive final product. Unlike, say, Fiat's other un-cute ute, the 500L.

There are 12 available exterior colors... Read More