2017 500X

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

1st Car I've Ever Owned That I Truly Love

by L_in_C_Town from Cleveland, OH on June 20, 2017

After months of comparing small crossover vehicles, we test drove the Fiat 500x. Immediately we knew it met all of our needs. My husband wanted something with character. I wanted something that could fit family and/or cargo easily. We've owned it now for 6 weeks and love it as much as we did the day we drove it home. Plus Fiat invites you into their family. No buyers remorse here. I would definitely recommend the 500x and Fiat.

Great vehicle all around

by ChrisG from Florida on April 18, 2017

My 2017 500x is the POP model with front wheel drive and an option package which includes the 2.4 liter engine and 9 speed automatic transmission. It has ~4,000 miles thus far. It's been averaging around 31 mpg in mixed driving. The car has been trouble-free, is fun to drive, performs well and is relatively quiet and the ride quality is good. It's unique looking and is well built and finished inside and out. I am quite happy with the purchase.

I love my car

by Tkemp from Beaumont TX on May 29, 2017

I love my Fiat 500X only had it for 3 days purchase brand new . I'm very happy with the look, performance and just everything, very roomy sets 5. Husband is 6 foot can set in back set fine . It's just perfect all around.

Fun and funky but also safe and reliable

by KatieT from Painesville, Ohio on July 6, 2017

I am currently leasing this car and I love it. It is a great size for me as I am coming from driving a sedan and it also drive so very smooth and the gas mialage is great.

Reliable, fun, fast and cute!

by LisaBFiatFan from Vancouver, BC on March 3, 2018

The bucket seat is the most comfortable I‘ve ever had. I have driven across Canada in a Nissan, a Jeep and a Toyota, and none of the driver seats in those cars compare to my Fiat 500X. The 6-speed shifter and clutch smoothly glide into place. I also love the exterior and interior styling; it’s very European and the Navigation System is excellent. It saves me from using up cellphone data to find my way around anywhere I take the car. The 1.4 l engine is great on gas until I engage the turbo while entering or changing lanes on the freeway. The 500X came with mud/snow tires on stylish alloy rims that also match the red exterior and interior of the car. The gas tank does not use a cap like traditional vehicles which is great. Seven years ago in another province, a full serve gas attendant forgot to replace the gas cap and let me drive away. This engaged the Check Engine light which became a problem when I tried to have the Jeep inspected and certified in that province. That will never happen with the Fiat! I love this funky stylish car and it’s great fun to drive around the Lower Mainland of BC in it for work, for errands or for pleasure. I ❤️ My Fiat 500X!

Well built vehicle

by MarciaFL from Hollywood,FL on February 26, 2017

Love the performance of the car, perfect size for me gets me around town on very little gas, fits well in tight spaces.

Terrible reliability and poor customer service

by mmeit from Silver Spring, MD on December 21, 2017

It's quite sad actually. We love the styling and comfort, but at the end of the day a car needs to be reliable. It has been in the shop 9 times since we've owned it! Five were for a malfunctioning collision mitigation system which eventually got fixed, but then we also had a broken speaker, a broken door handle, a broken rear tailgate latch, and most recently an issue with the engine light coming on with a message that said "drive selection mode unavailable." Each time we take it in they give us a hassle on getting a loaner car despite my paying an extra 3K for their enhanced warranty. And they are super slow...it's been in the shop two weeks this time and they haven't even looked at it...no kidding! When I call Fiat HQ it doesn't get much better. They are less than responsive and seem unconcerned that they have sold me such a problematic vehicle. My advice is to stay away...I have deep regrets on this one. I thought the enhanced warranty was a nice way to ensure that I couldn't go wrong with this car, but didn't anticipate that it would continuously be in the shop for weeks on end!

Does not recommend this car!!

Most gas friendly car I?ve had

by Dannygee82 from Arlington Texas on November 14, 2017

I was looking for a gas saver yet some good space in the car as well and was able to find it. I test drive this Fiat 500X and fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I?m glad I went to that friendly family oriented place because my kids were with me and felt comfortable being there. Thanks for the great buying experience and will see you soon for another purchase. Thanks

out of 5 starsReliability

Excellent car and economic in gas

by Max M. from Chicago, Illinois on September 4, 2017

This car is not luxurious as Mercedes Benz but has his own personality; is very economic in gas ,legs space and comfortable seats ,USB connection, rear camera,GPS ,heat seats and some more options . The only thing that dislike to me is the poor quality sound system and the ugly dashboard plastic by the wheel beside of those two things the car is excellent for the city .

Still Getting Familiarized

by Ne1uknow from Sacramento CA on December 26, 2017

So far I find its practical, affordable, roomy, can be an all- terrain SUV, a wagon, a family day use, a college starter, gets an outback approval, comfortable, lots of room. Fast and stylish, hint of class and. Can suit any personaliry.

1 2 3