2012 Edge

2012 Ford Edge

2012 Ford Edge

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Ford Edge?

Probably the finest vehicle I've ever owned.

by High Standards from Columbus, Oh. on Mon Apr 14 2014

I had never rode in or driven an Edge prior to purchasing one. What a wise choice. This is probably the nicest and most sound vehicle I've ever owned. It is quiet on the road yet handles with the soundness of a sports car. The best of both worlds also comes with a well appointed interior and smooth exterior styling. I think Ford hit the "jack pot" on this one. A very, very nice vehicle.

Ecstatic so far!

by New Edge Owner from Missouri on Tue Oct 07 2014

[This review coming off of a poor experience with a Chevy Equinox] What can I say? This is exactly what I expected in a midsize SUV. Great handling, punchy accelerator and some cool options to top it off! My wife and I purchased our Edge as a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle about one month ago. We were able to get some pretty cool options that we would not normally pick, including leather interior and a vista moon roof. The Edge comfortably seats our family of four, and allow ample hauling space in the back. The seats will fold flat, providing some additional space to move things if necessary. The rear seats also recline, a huge plus for us as we like to travel, and sometimes we are driving later at night. This allows our 6 year old to sleep more comfortably. Up front, seats are situated well. The console is a bit different, but there is a place to hide my phone to charge, or while using SYNC. The dash cluster is a bit awkward, but is ok. There is a ton of digital on it, but is lacking a speedometer, other than the traditional dial. Speaking of the SYNC, ours works for calling, texting and we could get a vehicle history report, but we cannot get it to work with our phones to do directions. Not a huge issue, but it would be nice. Handling is very good. I've taken a few hard corners on the highway, and I always feel in control. There is no extra play, and I feel like the vehicle turns exactly how I would expect a vehicle to move. We have the turbo-charged I-4, and I love it! On only highway this weekend, we got over 29 MPG. Mixed city/highway I get anywhere from 22-25. Not the greatest, but much better than some. The engine has a great feel, and the accelerator can put me in my seat.

Comfortable and Quiet

by Technology Enthusiast from Conyers, Ga on Mon Dec 26 2011

We've only had the 2012 Ford Edge Limited for about 2500 miles, but it has been great so far. The ride is comfortable and quiet, it feels very solid for my family, and the technology inside the car is the best I've seen. I am so impressed with Ford that I am considering buying also the 2012 Ford Flex for our family to drive. Note...very comfortable seats!!

Super reliable!

by Edge12 from Springfield, IL on Tue Aug 06 2019

I have almost 220k miles on my 2012 Ford Edge EcoBoost. Runs and drives absolutely amazing. Wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country even with the high mileage. Best vehicle I've ever owned.

All Ford family now

by Mom from WV on Mon Mar 19 2012

Traded in Kia and love our new Edge. Rides and handles great. Still haven't learned all features yet but we are working on it. Great car.

Absolutly LOVE it!

by Chdetrick from Atascadero, CA on Tue Jan 14 2014

My wife wanted a small to medium SUV. We looked at many types and brands and settled on the Ford Edge. I started my search and cars.com gave me the most information and opportunities. I narrowed it down and found the perfect one that fit our budget and had everything we wanted. cars.com helped me find the perfect SUV for my wife. It was the best Christmas gift she has received in a few years.

Living on the Edge

by Edge Fan from N. California on Wed Aug 15 2012

I've had my Edge for a little over a month. I bought it primarily for travel for work and personal use. It replaces my 2000 Oldsmobile. I'm still trying to figure out all of the features and functions of the My Sync but so far it hasn't let me down. I especially love the handsfree GPS functions. As a sales person that drives from Sacramento to Fresno and Santa Cruz to San Francisco, it's nice to know where I'm going and how to get there, especially when I miss a turn in San Francisco! It's big enough to hold everthing I need yet small enough to fit in most parking spots without being too close to other cars. I thoroughly enjoy driving it!

Excellent vehicle

by Alystahl from Olds,Alberta on Sun Oct 15 2017

Loved this vehicle it was roomy, had lots of storage capacity great rear seating and leg room, smooth even ride always felt super safe on any road conditions and handled some terrible winter roads as if it was specifically built to do so which is hard to find in a mid size SUV. Interior in the limited trim felt luxury class and was easy to be in on long road trips, great sound system and excellent lighting lots of awesome features and if I ever go back to a mid size SUV I will go back to an edge hands down. I did NOT want to get rid of this vehicle but due to work had no other choice

This car was my dream car

by DennyG from California on Mon Jun 25 2018

I loved this car, I fit in it nicely and still had room in the back for people to sit comfortly. I drifted off the road the right wheel hit a large rock causing a lurch right. It then caught a large shrubby tree which tore off the whole wheel assembly and caused the car to spin, then roll. I reached up to the ceiling to prevent my head from crashing into it as it rolled. I was okay except for a seat belt bruise on my left shoulder. And amazingly the Panorama roof remained intact. I exited through the passenger side window. This car saved my life but the wheel assembly should not have tore off so easily. I miss my pretty, nice car...

great looking vehicle

by edgy from Paris, IL on Thu Apr 04 2013

wish it got better gas mileage, however - only 22 max so far on the highway, whereas our Escape got 25. In town driving it only get 18.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2012 Ford Edge

Ford’s Edge five-seat crossover body-type SUV has been an above-average student in its class. Never boasting segment-leading attributes, it remained popular because of its size, looks and, most recently, its high-tech features. For 2012, the Edge lineup adds a new 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine that moves the vehicle confidently while returning excellent gas mileage.

The 2012 Ford Edge has a perplexing multimedia system and a surprising lack of accessible cabin storage, but it might be a sensible buy for shoppers in this class who are looking for good gas mileage and cargo space.

I tested the EcoBoost Edge with front-wheel drive. Read our take on the 2011 V-6 and Edge Sport... Read More