2016 Escape

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Better than expected

by Long time Ford owner from Rockmart, GA on May 21, 2016

This car, eqipt with the eco-boost engine is much quicker from a stop to highway speed and the handling is excellent. The form ride and sensitive steering give it a "sports car" feel. My one complaint, as it has been with every Ford I've owned, is that the driver's bucket seat is narrow and uncomfortable for ling trips. I am not a big man(174, 5'11") yet the seat bo;steers are too narrow. The other qualities of this car override that problem however.

2nd Ford Escape I've Owned

by Escape Artist from Los Angeles, CA on September 18, 2015

Bought a new '05 Escape back in 2004 - had it for 11 years. It was a GREAT car! I wanted to upgrade to a Ford Edge, but couldn't justify the payments. I went with another Escape. I couldn't be happier! It's a sporty design, incredible get up & go, 4 cylinder engine with EcoBoost. Highly recommend this car!!!

New Ford escape

by jmac from Milwaukee, WI on July 18, 2016

Transitioning from a Subaru Crosstrek. Ride Quality, Noise level, comfort and handling are noticeably superior in the '16 Escape vs the Crosstrek. All features are easy to use with great access to everything need from the drivers seat. The Escape shows excellent workmanship and is a very solid vehicle.

Best car ever!

by Rifleman from Stafford, TX on July 1, 2016

When I retired I traded in my soccer mom van for My Escape! Fabulous move. The space in the back is huge! I and the dog can sleep in the back on long trips. The 2.5 engine with the kick-but tranny is fabulous. It can tow up to 1,500 pounds stock, which works for my camper and my motorcycle trailer. The steering and response is really great. It is built very quiet inside! The fit for me is perfect!! I am 6ft2in and large, but My Escape has lots of headroom and easy in/out. The sound system is fabulous! Load my mp3 collection on a USB drive, plug it in and wow myself for the next 1000 miles. Gas mileage is above expected - almost 32 on the road. When on a steep dirt road I select-shift it down to a good rpm and My Escape just pulls right on through. I love My Escape!

2nd Escape

by New Escape from Yorkville, IL on January 25, 2016

Drove a 2007 Escape for almost 10 years with absolutely no problems. Decided to take the plunge and buy a new car. After researching Chevy, Jeep, and Mazda, I decided to stick with the Escape. I've never been a big fan of the new styling as I prefer the boxy look of an actual SUV. However, since I never go off-road, the real only purpose of me having an SUV is to transport the dogs. So, the car itself is quite nice and way more technically advanced the the old one. The front seats are very comfortable and adjust nicely. Everything on the dashboard is relatively easy to reach. The rear seats fold flat (major concern when hauling dogs!). I've only had it 3 days now and have drive a rousing 31 miles and fortunately nothing has happened which is always a good thing. Ride is greatly improved as is the cabin quietness. Love the 'swing the foot' thing on the rear hatch door. All in all, so far so good. Hoping it lasts as long as the first one and has just as few problems.

Nice vehicle - 1.6 L engine could use more power

by JustDrive from Lowell, MA on October 30, 2015

The 2016 Escape feels like a much larger vehicle than it is. The ride is firm but smooth. The Sync 3 system is a huge improvement over the previous version. I have about 2k miles on mine and so far there have been no problems. I have the AWD with the 1.6 L Turbo engine. Even with the turbo, acceleration is lacking. I would recommend looking at the 2.0 L options if this is important to you. MPG has been averaging 25-27. Other than the poor acceleration, this is a great car.

Suprising

by Hillbilly from Omaha, NE. on March 4, 2016

I haven't had the car long enough to give an accurate rating, but so far I am very pleased with it. I am very supprised at the acceleration for a 2.0 L engine. It isn't broken in good yet but I am a bit with the gas mileage. I am hoping that will improve with time. For a small SUV, I would recommend this car to anyone wanting a smaller vehicle.

2016 Escape

by mike from westbury ny on August 10, 2015

The is the second escape that we bought. We feel very comfortable in this vehicle. However, I am not quite sure that I like the Sync3 over the older version as of yet

I love the Ford Escape

by Carla from D & D Ford, Greer, SC on June 21, 2016

The size is perfect for me. I like the gas mileage. It is more comfortable than a car and reminds me of a van but smaller.

Best vehicle car I've ever owned

by Single Mom from Mahomet, IL on October 22, 2015

I totally LOVE this car - it's the best car I've ever owned! Between the remote start, push button start, electric sun roof, navigation, heated seats, push button lift gate, Sirus and the features go on and on.....I LOVE it!!! Can't wait for to take a road trip!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12