2016 Escape

2016 Ford Escape

2016 Ford Escape

Have You Driven the 2016 Ford Escape?

2nd Ford Escape I've Owned

by Escape Artist from Los Angeles, CA on Fri Sep 18 2015

Bought a new '05 Escape back in 2004 - had it for 11 years. It was a GREAT car! I wanted to upgrade to a Ford Edge, but couldn't justify the payments. I went with another Escape. I couldn't be happier! It's a sporty design, incredible get up & go, 4 cylinder engine with EcoBoost. Highly recommend this car!!!

Best car ever!

by Rifleman from Stafford, TX on Fri Jul 01 2016

When I retired I traded in my soccer mom van for My Escape! Fabulous move. The space in the back is huge! I and the dog can sleep in the back on long trips. The 2.5 engine with the kick-but tranny is fabulous. It can tow up to 1,500 pounds stock, which works for my camper and my motorcycle trailer. The steering and response is really great. It is built very quiet inside! The fit for me is perfect!! I am 6ft2in and large, but My Escape has lots of headroom and easy in/out. The sound system is fabulous! Load my mp3 collection on a USB drive, plug it in and wow myself for the next 1000 miles. Gas mileage is above expected - almost 32 on the road. When on a steep dirt road I select-shift it down to a good rpm and My Escape just pulls right on through. I love My Escape!

2nd Escape

by New Escape from Yorkville, IL on Mon Jan 25 2016

Drove a 2007 Escape for almost 10 years with absolutely no problems. Decided to take the plunge and buy a new car. After researching Chevy, Jeep, and Mazda, I decided to stick with the Escape. I've never been a big fan of the new styling as I prefer the boxy look of an actual SUV. However, since I never go off-road, the real only purpose of me having an SUV is to transport the dogs. So, the car itself is quite nice and way more technically advanced the the old one. The front seats are very comfortable and adjust nicely. Everything on the dashboard is relatively easy to reach. The rear seats fold flat (major concern when hauling dogs!). I've only had it 3 days now and have drive a rousing 31 miles and fortunately nothing has happened which is always a good thing. Ride is greatly improved as is the cabin quietness. Love the 'swing the foot' thing on the rear hatch door. All in all, so far so good. Hoping it lasts as long as the first one and has just as few problems.

Nice vehicle - 1.6 L engine could use more power

by JustDrive from Lowell, MA on Fri Oct 30 2015

The 2016 Escape feels like a much larger vehicle than it is. The ride is firm but smooth. The Sync 3 system is a huge improvement over the previous version. I have about 2k miles on mine and so far there have been no problems. I have the AWD with the 1.6 L Turbo engine. Even with the turbo, acceleration is lacking. I would recommend looking at the 2.0 L options if this is important to you. MPG has been averaging 25-27. Other than the poor acceleration, this is a great car.

Best vehicle car I've ever owned

by Single Mom from Mahomet, IL on Thu Oct 22 2015

I totally LOVE this car - it's the best car I've ever owned! Between the remote start, push button start, electric sun roof, navigation, heated seats, push button lift gate, Sirus and the features go on and on.....I LOVE it!!! Can't wait for to take a road trip!!!

Absolutely love my Escape

by Kevin K from Elizabeth,NJ on Sun Aug 14 2016

Just purchased a leftover 2016 Escape Titanium and absolutely love it. I cannot believe the performance from this 2.0 ecoboost. I highly recommend you get one with this engine. The fit and finish is top notch and the materials are soft and above average for this class. The 2017 looks nice but if u can find a 2016 ,ford is having amazing incentives. My sticker was over 37000 and I got it for 29700 after incentives and dickering. The ride is awesome with the 19 inch upgraded wheels and braking is very good as well. Great job Ford .

Very Impressed with the quality of the Ford Escape

by JuanInAMillion from Houghton Lake on Tue Sep 05 2017

This car met most of the need of a vehicle that I was looking for. Small yet powerful engine, Excellent gas mileage and very comfortable for interior. I am a large male yet I fit in it very comfortably

out of 5 starsReliability

Sporty and Perfect

by Ford Happy from Amherst, Ohio on Tue Jun 07 2016

I love my new car. It is perfect for a short person to sit up high and easy to get in and out. My family enjoyed the travel in comfort. The trunk space is great also!

Good enough for most

by MattMcgl from Philly, pa on Mon Oct 02 2017

The vehicle is overall pretty good. Drives fast and has good acceleration for an suv. Mine is the turbo 1.6 version. Not sure how much of a difference it would be to not have that engine. Ive put on 27000 miles and I get 24.1 mpg driving as of today. All highway going almost always 70 or more. Rarely in traffic. There isnt much cargo room so a family you should get the explorer. Overall its a smooth quiet ride. The main drawback is the same with all fords from what im seeing. Their radio/synch.etc is pretty bad and its been bad for years. No change in the 2018 models this year either. The AWD isnt great but ok if you are in some light snow. Anything over a couple of inches and stay of the road.

Very satisfied

by Loyal Ford Owner from Dallas, Texas on Fri Jan 05 2018

I have now owned my 2016 Escape for 2 years and 3 months. It is the SE model with 2.5 liter non-Eco boost engine. On a recent 500 mile road trip it averaged 34 mpg. That is a respectable number, because it is rated 33. It is very quiet on the road. The rear seat cushions are a little stiff, however, we hardly ever carry passengers and keep the seats folded down a lot for cargo. This is a great vehicle and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a compact SUV.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Our Take on the 2016 Ford Escape

The verdict: The 2016 Ford Escape's styling is about as exciting as a slice of bread. As with many good sandwiches, though, the good stuff is inside, this time in the form of its excellent new Sync 3 multimedia system.

Versus the competition: The Escape has been a dim bulb amid many bright lights in the compact SUV class. However, the new-for-2016 Sync 3 multimedia system is a cut above and makes the Escape stand out in the segment.

Escape competitors include the Mazda CX-5, Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4; compare them here. The upgrade to Sync 3 is the only big change for 2016; compare the 2015 and 2016 Escape here.

Exterior & Styling