NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Escape

2016 Ford Escape

2016 Ford Escape

Have You Driven the 2016 Ford Escape?

2nd Escape

by New Escape from Yorkville, IL on Mon Jan 25 2016

Drove a 2007 Escape for almost 10 years with absolutely no problems. Decided to take the plunge and buy a new car. After researching Chevy, Jeep, and Mazda, I decided to stick with the Escape. I've never been a big fan of the new styling as I prefer the boxy look of an actual SUV. However, since I never go off-road, the real only purpose of me having an SUV is to transport the dogs. So, the car itself is quite nice and way more technically advanced the the old one. The front seats are very comfortable and adjust nicely. Everything on the dashboard is relatively easy to reach. The rear seats fold flat (major concern when hauling dogs!). I've only had it 3 days now and have drive a rousing 31 miles and fortunately nothing has happened which is always a good thing. Ride is greatly improved as is the cabin quietness. Love the 'swing the foot' thing on the rear hatch door. All in all, so far so good. Hoping it lasts as long as the first one and has just as few problems.

Very satisfied

by Loyal Ford Owner from Dallas, Texas on Fri Jan 05 2018

I have now owned my 2016 Escape for 2 years and 3 months. It is the SE model with 2.5 liter non-Eco boost engine. On a recent 500 mile road trip it averaged 34 mpg. That is a respectable number, because it is rated 33. It is very quiet on the road. The rear seat cushions are a little stiff, however, we hardly ever carry passengers and keep the seats folded down a lot for cargo. This is a great vehicle and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a compact SUV.

Absolutely love my Escape

by Kevin K from Elizabeth,NJ on Sun Aug 14 2016

Just purchased a leftover 2016 Escape Titanium and absolutely love it. I cannot believe the performance from this 2.0 ecoboost. I highly recommend you get one with this engine. The fit and finish is top notch and the materials are soft and above average for this class. The 2017 looks nice but if u can find a 2016 ,ford is having amazing incentives. My sticker was over 37000 and I got it for 29700 after incentives and dickering. The ride is awesome with the 19 inch upgraded wheels and braking is very good as well. Great job Ford .

Sporty and Perfect

by Ford Happy from Amherst, Ohio on Tue Jun 07 2016

I love my new car. It is perfect for a short person to sit up high and easy to get in and out. My family enjoyed the travel in comfort. The trunk space is great also!

Good enough for most

by MattMcgl from Philly, pa on Mon Oct 02 2017

The vehicle is overall pretty good. Drives fast and has good acceleration for an suv. Mine is the turbo 1.6 version. Not sure how much of a difference it would be to not have that engine. Ive put on 27000 miles and I get 24.1 mpg driving as of today. All highway going almost always 70 or more. Rarely in traffic. There isnt much cargo room so a family you should get the explorer. Overall its a smooth quiet ride. The main drawback is the same with all fords from what im seeing. Their radio/synch.etc is pretty bad and its been bad for years. No change in the 2018 models this year either. The AWD isnt great but ok if you are in some light snow. Anything over a couple of inches and stay of the road.

Ford ESCAPE Titanium AWD EcoBoost

by minimarker from Philadelphia, PA on Mon Aug 07 2017

Fully equipped with power, leather, looks, power outlets for USB/charging devices, speakers everywhere, sunroof than includes front & back seats, remote start, push button engine start, auto hatch, LED lights, heated seats in winter. This vehicle ride is comfortable, handles well, accelerates well and is loaded for today's lifestyle. Plenty of room for shopping & vacations if needed as back seats recline completely. Ford Sync & Multimedia a plus.

So far so good

by Mark M from Sterling VA on Sat May 05 2018

I've only owned this Escape for 2 weeks, but so far it's everything I read about in the reviews. I took the advice of many reviews and made sure I got the model with the 2.0L engine. It's very quiet and comfortable, has more toys than I'll ever use, and has averaged 27 mpg so far through 3 tanks. I don't like how Ford charges $150 to update the maps in the onboard navigation...I'll just keep using my phone.

My favorite car yet!

by BetsyS from Independence, OH on Fri Apr 28 2017

I'm so happy with my shiney new pearl white Ford Escape. I was planning on getting a Ford Edge but when I test drove it, it just felt too big and was just more than I needed. The Escape was perfect for me and for this season of my life.

LOVE my new ride

by AngietheWanderlust from West Palm Beach, FL on Thu Jul 06 2017

My previous car gave out on me previously after 4 years- best overall value and standard features are what attracted me to the Ford Escape. I test drove both the Ford Escape and the Chevy Trax... what a huge difference! I definitely picked the better vehicle in the Escape! The only things that could use improvement in my opinion are the comfort of the seats (a little hard for me and that will not make for great road trips) and the size of the computer screen where the rear-back up camera appears (it's quite small). Other than that- I absolutely love the car! It rides so smooth! It's not a gas guzzler and gives me better miles than my previous sedan! It has a sleek and updated design. This is my first American car and I'm looking forward to it lasting!!

loved my car

by Donald Aiman from Reading, PA on Thu Jun 28 2018

I owned a Ford Escape that was comfortable and reliable to drive. I enjoyed using it on trips both small and large. it was a great car for my daughter to learn to drive in.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21

Our Take on the 2016 Ford Escape

The verdict: The 2016 Ford Escape's styling is about as exciting as a slice of bread. As with many good sandwiches, though, the good stuff is inside, this time in the form of its excellent new Sync 3 multimedia system.

Versus the competition: The Escape has been a dim bulb amid many bright lights in the compact SUV class. However, the new-for-2016 Sync 3 multimedia system is a cut above and makes the Escape stand out in the segment.

Escape competitors include the Mazda CX-5, Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4; compare them here. The upgrade to Sync 3 is the only big change for 2016; compare the 2015 and 2016 Escape here.

Exterior & Styling