2021 Ford Escape consumer reviews

• Value 4.0
  • Exterior 4.8
Explore the 2021 Ford Escape
Shop the 2021 Ford Escape

Really a breeze to drive and ride in!

Bought in 2023 used with 30k miles, after driving it for six months it had become my favorite car, it’s smooth, I avg 27mpg in town driving, 33 highway. They don’t have tons of street lighting here and I hit a curb one evening and enjoyed discovering a spare tire I could switch myself until going to tire store next day.

3.0

TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE

WHEN BACKING UP SOUNDS LIKE BRAKES ARE SCRUBBING AND VERY LOUD ,WHEN DRIVING YOU CAN HEAR THE FLAP BLOWING UNDER NEATH,IT IS VERY LIGHT NOT RECOMMEND TO DRIVE ON WINDY DAYS

Summer trip

I have about 7000 miles so far with no problem yet. I will take a long ride to Raleigh northcarolina in June so I am praying I have any problems. My first long trip. My back brakes squeak sometimes.

Comfy and Stylish for this Price Range

I thought from Day One I had a very stylish looking car for the price range. I was skeptical about a 3 cylinder but I have had no problems with it giving me the power I need. I am under the average for miles driven per year AND I LIKE MY ESCAPE!

Ford has no idea!

My 2021 Escape hybrid makes a loud noise above 65 mph. Sounds like a ball bearing in a soda can being shaken very fast. Ford is trying to play a waiting game with me. They hope the warranty will expire before they have to fix it...

1.0

Breaks

Had issues from day one with breaks. Every time was tild they checked good. Finally recall on breaks. Repaired and break dust all over rims. Backing up sounds awful. Embarrassing. They say it's normal.Like they are sticking. Reported many times. Now back at dealership. Vibration on drivers side. I have always buy Ford. No more. I'm going to trade this lemon if they don't get it fixed!

2.0

Transmission

My transmission was acting up a month ago, but, no day lights came on, so, they couldn't do anything with it. It was randomly jumping and jerking, while driving. Last Monday, it started shifting from drive, to park, while sitting at a red light. The car reported to Ford pass, this time. Staying, that, it was having issues with the park gear... Then, when it started (after a few times of trying), it was losing power. Am I really the only one having this issue?

Capable all-round AMERICAN made SUV

If you think of the EcoSport as a cute but clumsy kid, the new Escape is a mature and capable adult. I guess you could call it affordable by 2021 standards though it costs more than any 5 (or possibly 10) of my past cars. My '21 was built toward the end of the '21 run and has the digital dash. All of the features of the 360 package work as described, and the infotainment features are easy to navigate. Some car settings are only accessible through the screen. Though the milage isn't outstanding, I've gotten 37mpg highway with the 2.0L turbo. It has plenty of power to get up to freeway speed. Passengers have been very comfortable and the handling is good at posted speeds. Adaptive cruise is great! HOWEVER, if you've never used it, be careful to turn it off before leaving the freeway. It will slow you down to match the traffic, but as soon as there's no one in front of you, it's going to send you back to the preset speed in a hurry...Not a fun thing on a sharp off-ramp curve. If you're looking, the interior details of the '21 are a little more refined than the '20. This is only my 3rd new car in 53 years of driving and it still amazes me how what passes for standard equipment today would have been Sci-Fi in my '68 Cougar.

Fantastic value

This car is sleek and stylish on the outside. The exterior hides a very roomy interior too. Every control is within easy reach and the interface wit Apple Car Play is easy.

1.0

LEMON

My car has a miss or jerk at low mpr bad one. Have taken it back to dealer 3 or 4 times, even left it there for them to drive a couple of days. They said ford was having problems with2021 escapes but there could not do anything until ford told them to . This is my fourth escape and none of the others did this. HELP