2008 Ford Expedition

Great for travel

by from El Paso on September 14, 2017

Car has plenty of leg room front and back and 3rd row seating as well as a pretty large trunk space great air-conditioning good for camping and other outdoor activities!

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Awesome Family Car!

by from Selma, Texas on September 5, 2017

Best family car aside from a van which I will never drive. Versatile, fits three large car seats across easily, and can also fit large strollers or lots of stuff in the back. Also great when I have the cousins over because it sits up to 8 people. Love it.

Gets you through anything

by from Monmouth County, NJ on July 6, 2017

Throw anything in it, on it, or at it, this thing can handle it all! 3 foot snowstorm in the mountains handled like a champ, V8 gets up and goes when it needs to. A very smooth ride, great turning radius, and flawless handling for almost a decade now.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

The altimate SUV.

by from Roselle on March 11, 2017

Awesome SUV. It has 193,000 miles on it and it still looks and runs like new. All I do is keep up with the maintenance schedule.

Great truck for the $

by from Little Rock AR on September 23, 2013

Very good hauling power. Very comfortable for both long & short trips. Great visibility. Good gas mileage for a truck. I normally get 20+ for every day trips, & 11 while towing 6000 lb. trailer. Very simple system controls (I'm 66 and love simplicity). I have the following "cons" but they are not enough to lower my rating: Daytime instrument lighting is weak; External mirrors are just about worthless for trailer towing & FORD does not offer an optional tow mirror. I have to use "strap-on" tow mirrors; No tie-down points in the cargo area with all seating down flat (Ford - you need to fix this!) Big items stay put pretty much, but I have to use several cardboard boxes for smaller things such as weed eaters, gas blowers, step ladders and the like. I guess things would go flying in an accident by not being secured properly due to lack of tie-down points. I would highly this vehicle to a friend without hesitating.

Uses car for Towing

My other car is an expedition

by from Phoenix, AZ on July 1, 2013

We own 2 expeditions. For a family of 5 nothing can beat it for functionality. It's a very reliable and versatile vehicle. We do a lot of road trips and the hauling capacity is great. We just bought a used one to relace our '04. Unfortunately, we had an accident on the freeway and it was totaled. Things could have been very bad, but the vehicle performed well and did its job protecting us from harm. It's going to take something extraordinary to move us into something else. (I only wish they had better fuel economy).

2008 Expedition

by from Haddam, CT on December 5, 2011

Great truck for the dollars spent. Comfortable ride with power to tow with. Interior is roomy and very comfortable. We have the Eddie Bauer package, so it is very plush and well appointed. Did I say how nice it rides?? Room for two dogs and all the luggage you can ask for for a week or two vacation escape. Only problem is this. I had to construct a "bridge" between the third row seat and the second row seats, because of a "gap" of about 5-6 inches that my canine companions would have most likely injured themselves by stepping into that "gap". No bid deal, but that was the only drawback to the truck. But like I said, some time, wood, carpeting and viola, flat storage area all the way up to the back of the front seats.

Love my "New" Truck

by from Plano, TX on November 21, 2011

Coming from a Suburban to a Trail Blazer and most recently a CX-9...this is by far my favorite so far. Love so much about this car. My husband isn't trilled with the gas mileage, but the rest is A+

Gauge layout is terrible.

by from Hudson, Fl on December 21, 2010

Great vehicle except for the gauge layout. The gauges are the hardest to read, in sunshine, that I've ever had in any vehicle. Impossible to read anything but the Tach and Speedometer. Oil pressure, gas gauge, temperature, ammeter and information gauge? Forget it. Can't be seen at all!

Sweet Ride

by from Charlotte NC on July 18, 2010

With 4 kids (read lots of activities) this people hauler gets it done in style and comfort. Vehicle feels like quality with enough comfort and interior features to live in this thing. My black "Limited" with 20 chrom wheels is a head turner. My only complaint is weird tranny shift from 1st to 2nd. Overall, a great vehicle, what I would expect from a Ford truck.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Ford Expedition