2003 Ford Explorer

Best suv i have ver owned..trying to hang on to it

by from Walker valley ny on August 18, 2017

Reliable.size is good.safe.200k miles still rolling..amazing.best truck i have ever owned...sad that i will have to replace it when it finally gives up.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Most reliable

by from Lebanon pA on August 13, 2017

Best vehicle I ever had. I had the white Eddie Bauer edition. I bought it used with 82k on it and didn't have issues until it hit 126k and like all explorers from that yearand the tranny went out. Despite that it treated me well. I'd give it all 5stars but Ford needs to fix that transmission issue. I highly recommend it but just watch out for the tranny.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Look'in Good

by from Hackettstown, NJ on August 9, 2017

Ford Dealer maintained. Garage kept. Was detailed often. Looks good, runs good, should last a long time.

It was the most reliable car that I owned, 14+yrs.

by on July 18, 2017

Thanks to my Explorer for safely taking us out of town and for safely bringing us back home, it has plenty of leg room in it, it was still comfortable and safe at it's full capacity, it has exceeded my expectations it's been 14 years and it's still going strong, my testimony for Ford in my opinion makes the most reliable transportation hands down. I'm a satisfied customer!!!!!

electric issues and back window but car made to la

by from on June 26, 2017

it is a car that will last long if you take care of it. Eats the gas but is a beast of longevity. 200,000 miles on mine

Get a lot of features but don't break the bank

by from Mesa, AZ on June 11, 2017

Reliable, stable and lots of features for a production vehicle. Interior seats could be more padded but a seat cushions takes care of that issue. 4wd works well and loaded with power features. Remote keyless entry is very nice. No more worries about locking keys in the vehicle. Tow hitch is substantial and has chain hooks built right in. Can't ask for much more at this mid range price for a vehicle. Good Value for the money.

Best car I've ever owned

by from McLean on June 7, 2017

THis has been and continues to be the most reliable car I've ever owned. It is so comfortable to drive and remarkably quiet on the road. I have 170K miles on it and it just keeps going.

A great reliable car I own

by from Racine,WI on June 3, 2017

I liked it since day one. Purchased it to have a vehicle that is a 4x4 and has a 3rd row. I need it sold due to family emergency.

I love/like it.

by from Leesburg ga on April 24, 2017

I would love something bigger, it wasn't my first choice. Buts grown on my husband and I. Can't wait to pay it off!

Cars.com Scared Me

by from Hagerstown, MD on April 24, 2017

Although I was a bit leary about looking for a vehicle on cars.com; but I did a lot of research, read so many reviews, test drove, and researched each dealer (to the best of my ability). It took me 11 months but I thought that I had finally located a vehicle. Except for one thing.... I wasn't getting a good vibe about it. The dealer was friendly, courteous and professional but it felt like I was a 'dime a dozen'; as if he didn't put any effort into trying to sell me the vehicle. Either buy or not, someone would. So, I said I need 24 hours to think about it. When I got home I decided to search cars.com again and low-and-behold a new entry just popped up. It was the exact same make and model just two years older. I immediately notified the private seller, went to test that same day. I made an offer and the owner accepted! Not only did the owner accept but they drove it 66 miles to my home town to deliver it.... and I saved $3,500.00. I've had my Ford Explorer for almost two years now and have had no trouble!!! Dayum good experience with cars.com. Thank you.

Our Expert Review: 2003 Ford Explorer