2007 Explorer

2007 Ford Explorer

2007 Ford Explorer

Have You Driven the 2007 Ford Explorer?

2007 Ford Explorer XLT V8

by Johnny B. from Bellevue, WA on Sat Jun 11 2011

Pro's: 1) Dependable 2) Easy to drive/park 3) Excellent 4x4 capabilities (great snow vehicle) 4) Seats 7 comfortably (with 3rd seat) 5) Plenty of power (we own the V8) 6) Quality interior/exterior materials 7) Roomy 8) Safe 9) Warranty (5yr/60k Powertrain) 10) Audio system 11) Value Cons: 1) Gas milage

Great Value

by vantheman from Monroe, LA on Thu Jan 28 2010

Purchased the vehicle in 11/09. Had less than 30k miles when purchased. Test drove vehicle and it looked and drove fine. Did have left rear strut replaced in 1/10, but was cvrd by factory warranty. Vehicle is Eddie Bauer edition, so is loaded w/features. Ride is smooth and I like the styling. Previous vehicle was a Toyota 4-Runner. Glad to be able to purchase a good quality american car that provides great value.

Driving experiences on '07 Explorer limited V8

by Suv Fan from Freehold, nj on Sun Jan 14 2007

Pros Extremely quiet ride and comfortable. Powerful V8 engine, awesome stereo equipments (audiophile), powerfold 3rd row seat. Cons Seat pockets behind the first row are not leather. Ugly Antenna. Over all, it is a great truck. The award winning V8 with 3V has been named one of the top 10 engine in the world for 3 years in a row. User friendly fully integrated Nav and stereo equipments further enhance driving experiences. Beautiful 2 tone leather seating and instrument Panels with power folded 3 row seating make driving experiences more fun than other trucks on the same class. Responsive ventilated disk brakes and loaded safety features are unparallel. The drawbacks are cosmetic, antenna, door handles for the 2nd row, and limited cheap plastic materials.

Ford Explorer review

by Largegym from St. Paul, MN on Thu Jan 26 2012

i purchase an explorer as I have an older Explorer with 192,000miles. I tow boats and utility trailer and the Explorer has been an excellent choice. The newer version has more power and comfort. Ford changed to a non-frame unibody type SUV and I determined that that style of vehicle is not as suitable for towing.

Great for Trailering a Boat

by Happy Boater from Saline MI on Wed Mar 31 2010

Does everything I expect of it. Gets better mileage than expected for a V8... can get 22+ mpg on the road at 70+ mph. Have had 5 Explorers. They just keep getting better.

My second Explorer

by Mary on the Move from Tennessee on Sun Apr 26 2009

This is my seconded Explorer, I have a 1998 Explorer xlt loaded with a v-8 great vehicle, has over 200 thousand mile. Bought another Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4 v-8, wonderful vehicle has everything has more room and a lot of play toys. Keeping both just because my 98' is still in great shape, runs great and has never had any problems.

SUV for the average family

by Thomas from Miami, Florida on Mon Oct 23 2006

It took me a while to give up my BMW 325i for a large (at least to me) SUV, but after several weekend trips, I'm glad I made the switch. Of course going from being single (when I got the BMW) to have a significant other, her daughter, and two dogs may have something to do with my point of view. I knew going in that fuel economy must suffer, but I've only given up about 5 miles/gallon which I find amazing when you consider the car is about 1200 pounds heavier. I'm a believer in rear-while drive, fully-independent suspension vehicles so I didn't give up anything there going from the BMW sports sedan to a mid-size SUV. What amazed me more than anything was how quiet the new Ford Explorer is. It is an equal in quietness to the BMW 525i (which I had before the 325i) and better than the 325i. While it took me a long time to convert to SUV land (I'm always late on trends), I'm glad I waited until Ford got the Explorer right.

I just bought my second Ford Explorer

by Explorer Advocate from Greenville, SC on Wed Nov 21 2007

I traded in my 1999 Explorer XLS on a new 2007 4 Dr Eddie Bauer 4X4 with the 4.0L V6 and 5-Speed Automatic overdrive. I am totally delighted with this SUV! My wife and I make several road trips a year (each about 500 miles one way). The Explorer is a very worthy road vehicle. The Eddie Bauer edition has significant "toys" to make the trip both safe and comfortable. Safety - its an SUV - drive it like one. The dual front / side airbags and the safety canopy are excellent additions. The reverse sensing feature is worth it! Style - I'm wild about the Eddie Bauer's interior and exterior appearance. I selected a Black Finish. It looks great with the gold trim accents. Handling / Ride - the new frame design is solid. The enhancements to the handling of the vehicle is extraordinary. What a difference from the 1999 model. Options - The SUV is loaded. The Audiophile sound system is wonderful. The Eddie Bauer Luxury package and the Convenience Group are wonderful additions. Note: I have all the luxury of the high end SUVs without all the debt. And guess what .... "Ford Explorer" is a noteworthy name I religiously maintained my 1999 Explorer and it gave me more than 125,000 miles of faithful service and reliability. I expect more of the same from the 2007.

Aging well

by 40thmen from Cold Spring NY on Tue Nov 28 2017

I got my 2007 in 2013 and have now 83,000 miles on it. The only thing that annoys me is that every 30k miles or so you get problems with the wheel bearings. Besides that the truck is aging well, no oil consumption. Gas milage on long trips is 19MpG and anywhere from 10-12 in the city. Lots of space.

Great Mid size SUV

by Construction Proj Mgr from NC on Mon Feb 04 2008

I bought this used with 10,000 miles. I have driven it for 1200 miles. My overall mpg has been 18.5. Quiet, smooth. I have the V6. I had a company truck 2003 Explorer XLS, and this Eddie Bauer is a huge step up in smothness and quietness. I love the red color with the eddie bauer two tone, the two tone leather seats. Best seats I have ever sat in. 10 way power and lumbar. My only complaint is the turn signal knob seem too high. Door handles have not been as issue with me, but I see where they could be aggrevating for some.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7