2014 Ford Explorer consumer reviews

side view of 2014 Explorer Ford
Explore the 2014 Ford Explorer
Shop the 2014 Ford Explorer

One of best suv I get

The vehicle is in a very good condition, what I mean like a buyers we get what we can support right , we have no regrets we get a very nice suv in all the ways thanks for the patience and for all the good ways your guys tried us

Rented before now owning one

This truck my wife and I rented a few years back and fell in love with it. We wasnt looking for one to purchase but the deal fell into our laps and we couldn't pass it up. We're glad to tonown one now.

3.4

decent family vehicle

it meets my needs but I don't feel like you get too much for your money. We have had some issues with the touchscreen system freezing up, covered under warranty though.

Great Ride But Quality Concerns

Has every option available and is super comfortable. the interior and exterior look and feel great. the engine is also powerful. the key to the ford is stuff

4.4

Good performance and comfort.

This Explorer has lots of extras. I like the ease of entry and the way it drives. I am looking forward to see how it handles in the snow.

Sticking With Explorer

Having had a good experience with a 2006 Explorer we upgraded to a 2014 Sport recently. So far, it's been great. It's nimbler than the 2006, presumably due to the frame (the earlier model felt more like a truck). I worry a bit about all the servo motors in the vehicle, but so far everything works great. It's fun to drive and much roomier than our previous model...and much nimbler. It feels light by comparison. The cabin air controls are awesome, making for a very comfy ride. Very nice highway vehicle. We have a two package on it but haven't tried it out. Altogether, it's been a very nice upgrade from our earlier model. Only downside: wish this AWD model got a tad better gas mileage. Best we've seen is about 24 mpg on level highway.

3.4

Really wish the problems were addressed...

Thought I'd escape the dreaded hood corrosion issue by getting a 2014 [2013's were heavily affected] ... not so. In fact the problem continues to persist up through the years. 7 weeks after purchasing ours [Certified Pre-Owned], the hood bubbles appeared. Yes... 7 weeks. Much, much arguing with Ford, who's Customer Service Representative became abrasive and rude, when their offer of a "co-pay" to replace the corroded hood with it's peeling paint was rejected by me. The selling dealer promised to work with us and on our behalf; zero results. It's a shame really... as we now get to absorb a $2000+ hit on extra depreciation for this known factory defect. I really had hoped they's resolve the issue for us, as I do like the car. I was planning to trade for a 'Sport'. Additionally, the driver's side headlight is unable to be properly aimed despite attempts by 2 dealers , signaling a possible 'unreported/ undocumented' collision [car has a clean CarFax], which despite upgrading the headlamps, makes the car actually dangerous to drive at night. Alas, after 42 years of Fords, I just have to be 'done'... if only for the principle of it. All cars can have some defect; it's how the manufacturer [and dealers] handle them that matters. But for now... we are stuck with our....

Toughest rig on the road

The 2014 Ford Explorer police interceptor is the smoothest looking ride even in 2018 with a mean front end. Don?t be fooled by the power of the small 3.7 v6 twin turbo is exceptional but is one of the quietest cars on the road. The reliability of this beast is awesome little up-keep. The interior is perfect and simple and very spacious Ford out did them selves with this sport utility the The possibilities are endless.

Love it

This SUV meets all my needs. Love the 8 inch touch screen, great leg room for a tall person, 3 row seating and drives smooth.

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned

My wife and I love this vehicle. It meets all our needs and we can take all our 5 grandkids on trips in comfort ! Our 16 yr old grandson is learning to drive and says that our Explorer is easy and fun to drive, unlike his parent's minivan ! We will definitely trade it in for another Explorer next year...