Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2017 Explorer

2017 Ford Explorer

Have You Driven the 2017 Ford Explorer?

Ford Explorer Sport

by donrobva from alexandria on Fri Mar 17 2017

I really like the styling of this vehicle and the third row seating option and what put it over the top of the Mazda CX 9 I was about to buy was the value I received and engine options. Great pick up in the Sport with the 365hp engine and I really love the look. Black exterior and black leather are classic. I cant speak to reliability yet but I do know that my Lincoln MKZ serves me well with 138k miles and counting and I being that is a Ford product I expect the same out of this.

Great midsize SUV with aggressive exterior styling

by 3rdfred from North Tustin, Ca on Sun Oct 21 2018

Great so far. Bought a 2017 Explorer Limited with 15k miles just off lease not wanting to pay for instant depreciation of new car. It is loaded with safety features, cameras, etc. Looked at GMC Acadia but it was a little smaller & didn't have a CD player or cooled, ventilated seats a must in So Cali for a 72 year old guy. Traded in an old Lexus LS400 for this. Also still have a Vette convertible.

comfortable ride

by Grandma 7x on Wed Jul 04 2018

This vehicle will be awesome for the grandchildren. great ride, cool seats. Love the front and back cameras. The moon roof will be a surprise for the babies to see the stars

Waste of money for pricy limited model

by Charlie from Franklin, Wi on Tue Nov 20 2018

Car was delivered with outdated data loaded into navigation system, and for customer service advised to use cell phone instead. Smell of catalytic converter in passenger compartment due to design flaw and spent numerous times at dealer for fix, but it still stinks during rapid acceleration. Factory installed tires (Hankook) are junk after 25,000 miles.

Does not recommend this car!!

Very smooth riding vehicle

by Jack from Green bay WIsconson on Tue Nov 20 2018

3.5 liter v6 has adequate power to move the vehicle, vs 3.5 liter v6 twn turbo, and turbo gets worse gas milage, but limited comes standar with a 2.3 liter I 4cylnder 280 hp engine but what rpm do you have to rev engine to to get the 280 hp, also I think this small of engine will not move the vehicle with effiencently thus getting poor gas mileage in comparison to the 3.5 liter engine. the xlt can be loaded with options, stereo none sony 6 spearker system with 8" nave screen sounds good , limited will come with electical button to fold 3rd row seats, and can get electical lifting power lift gate, but you can get this option with xlt, gas mileage is good for this size of vehicle, mpg is 20 mpg city highway if you drive very conservitatively you can get 22mpg for city highway driving engine is quiet, 6 speed transmition shifts smoothly. Long in comparison to Jeep grand cherokee. But the cost of maitenance should be much lower.

Base Model has almost everything I need

by FloridaFisherman from Key Largo, FL on Mon Oct 31 2016

I've got 1000 miles on my new Ford Explorer and overall, the family is happy with it. It drives very nicely, more like a car than a truck. It is very comfortable. Plenty of seating and storage. My only regret is that I didn't pay extra for the lane change warning system that tells you when there is a car next to you...not that visibility is bad, just that I rented another one and it was a nice feature to have.

my second explorer

by kiszombi from Oakville, On on Sun Dec 04 2016

I had a 2011 xlt before and loved it and swore to buy another one when the time is coming. well after 200000kms I decided to get a 2017 xlt again. unfortunately the new one is not as comfortable as the old one was. I used to have leather in the old one and I chose material this time, but I regret it. very hard seat cushions and on longer drives it gives me back pain. everything else is still the same, except the Sync is android not Microsoft based now. overall is a great SUV, but I wish I had my old seats. the rest is great.

Fun SUV

by Jett70813 from Lancaster, TX on Tue Mar 21 2017

The interior of this SUV is outstanding. This vehicle truly feels like a luxury SUV with a "sporty" twist. I enjoy the horsepower under the hood, and the height off of the ground. Another feature I enjoy is the remote start, from a far distance. Once I finally get into my SUV, it already comfortable and ready to go. It saves me from this Texas "HEAT".

Freaking amazing

by Afdirtboy from on Wed May 03 2017

Sleek and streamlined. Designed for comfort and speed. Ford really knocked it out of the park with the Ecoboost V6 engine and the intellitrac all wheel drive

Love my explorer Sport

by rocky from Chicago, IL on Mon Dec 19 2016

We are a family of 4 and we were looking for a 7 seater SUV so that we have more room for the family and friends. We test drove most of the cars and we were tied with Highlander and Explorer. We liked the highlander too but loved the styling of the explorer sport, its power and its roomy 3rd row and trunk. Even adults can comfortably seat in the 3rd row during long trips that was a huge difference compared to other cars. Toyota highlander lacked trunk space. The explorer drives great and had great power to make it a fun ride. What i love 1. Great Drive 2. Roomy Interior 3. Roomy 3rd Row 4. Comfy seats 5. Roomy Trunk Space 6. Love the ambient lighting 7. Panoramic sun roof 8. 500W speaker and wow its great 9. Sync 3 with Apple car play and Android play 10. Love the 2nd row buckets Things that could be improved 1. The DVD headrest is too expensive 2. The front camera is not self cleaning so if its gets dirty then you have to clean it manually 3. Sun shades for the rear seat. There is a privacy glass though 5. Interior color options for sport. 6. Platinum console for Sport. 7. Rain sensing wipers

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27