2017 Ford Explorer

All Reviews

by from on May 3, 2017

Sleek and streamlined. Designed for comfort and speed. Ford really knocked it out of the park with the Ecoboost V6 engine and the intellitrac all wheel drive

by from alexandria on March 17, 2017

I really like the styling of this vehicle and the third row seating option and what put it over the top of the Mazda CX 9 I was about to buy was the value I received and engine options. Great pick up in the Sport with the 365hp engine and I really love the look. Black exterior and black leather are classic. I cant speak to reliability yet but I do know that my Lincoln MKZ serves me well with 138k miles and counting and I being that is a Ford product I expect the same out of this.

by from Key Largo, FL on October 31, 2016

I've got 1000 miles on my new Ford Explorer and overall, the family is happy with it. It drives very nicely, more like a car than a truck. It is very comfortable. Plenty of seating and storage. My only regret is that I didn't pay extra for the lane change warning system that tells you when there is a car next to you...not that visibility is bad, just that I rented another one and it was a nice feature to have.

by from Oakville, On on December 4, 2016

I had a 2011 xlt before and loved it and swore to buy another one when the time is coming. well after 200000kms I decided to get a 2017 xlt again. unfortunately the new one is not as comfortable as the old one was. I used to have leather in the old one and I chose material this time, but I regret it. very hard seat cushions and on longer drives it gives me back pain. everything else is still the same, except the Sync is android not Microsoft based now. overall is a great SUV, but I wish I had my old seats. the rest is great.

by from Lancaster, TX on March 21, 2017

The interior of this SUV is outstanding. This vehicle truly feels like a luxury SUV with a "sporty" twist. I enjoy the horsepower under the hood, and the height off of the ground. Another feature I enjoy is the remote start, from a far distance. Once I finally get into my SUV, it already comfortable and ready to go. It saves me from this Texas "HEAT".

by from Chicago, IL on December 19, 2016

We are a family of 4 and we were looking for a 7 seater SUV so that we have more room for the family and friends. We test drove most of the cars and we were tied with Highlander and Explorer. We liked the highlander too but loved the styling of the explorer sport, its power and its roomy 3rd row and trunk. Even adults can comfortably seat in the 3rd row during long trips that was a huge difference compared to other cars. Toyota highlander lacked trunk space. The explorer drives great and had great power to make it a fun ride. What i love 1. Great Drive 2. Roomy Interior 3. Roomy 3rd Row 4. Comfy seats 5. Roomy Trunk Space 6. Love the ambient lighting 7. Panoramic sun roof 8. 500W speaker and wow its great 9. Sync 3 with Apple car play and Android play 10. Love the 2nd row buckets Things that could be improved 1. The DVD headrest is too expensive 2. The front camera is not self cleaning so if its gets dirty then you have to clean it manually 3. Sun shades for the rear seat. There is a privacy glass though 5. Interior color options for sport. 6. Platinum console for Sport. 7. Rain sensing wipers

by from Detroit, MI on March 30, 2017

We switched for the third row seating. It is more roomy, but less responsive. Drinks a lot of fuel. Sync 3 works great. Apple Car Play has glitches. The HVAC is terrible. My feet were cold all winter.

by from Waterloo,IL on March 18, 2017

Love this SUV...plenty of room..handles great..Gas milage as advertised averages 17 to 18 but on straight highway as high as 23 ....Sync 3 works great and able to connect phone with auto android and use Google maps through it..

by from on October 14, 2016

This vehicle has a very attractive and functional design. The blind spot of this vehicle is almost non existent; compared to the Nissan equivalent or Toyota's. Ford Sync allows for near effortless connection to Iphone. I owned a nissans before; therefore, I can attest to the durability of those vehicles. However, they start to get a bit shaky after 60,000 miles or so. Comfort in mind; the explorer is very comfortable. Controls are accessible yet discrete. No I do not have the premium infotainment brand, the cost to value was not there for me. Please get the warranty for the electronically components. most are upgraded from previous models, therefore, a buyer should realistically expect breakdowns. As with any newly introduced system, they have bugs undiscovered in the beta phase. I've got a Two drive. I previously owned a 4 wheel drive truck, in Alaska. I went off the beaten path on many occasions in every type of weather. And I towed a boat on dirt, water slicked trails. All without engaging by four wheel drive, (Titan). Used it once to negotiate an ice covered hill in western Canada; hauling 4,500 Lbs of payload. I destroyed the darn transfer case. The explorer is perfect for a family with 2-4 children, age ranging between 0-14. After that you may need to consider a Full size SUV for comfort.

by from San jose ca on April 27, 2017

The cars value is exceptional and at the price point no other make was comparable. I compared to 9 other makes some in higher price brackets.