2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Very versitile.

by from Virginia on February 13, 2013

Unlike most I rarely rate anything as perfect. This truck is very good as a mid-size hauler. The ride is smooth and comfortable. With 4WD, the mileage around town is very poor but on the road you can get close to 23 mpg. The locking tailgate and hard tonneau cover make for a huge trunk space. The interior is a direct copy of the Explorer. If you don't need a full size truck but need the convenience of having a 4 door with moderate hauling capacity I recommend this one as a good choice.

multi-purpose

by from on August 6, 2012

I love my sport trac comfort of a car but usefulness of a small pickup. Great all purpose vehichle great value for the money!!!

Second one

by from NH on January 4, 2016

I had a 2002 Sport Trac and loved it. When I found that 2010 was the last year for it, I decided to upgrade to it although the 2002 was still running and looking great. Loved that 2002. The 2010 is nice but seems to have less seat space and more console. I have had constant problems with the heat and air conditioning. Overall I do love this style and wish they would come back with it. It's great looking and also very handy for a small truck.

Nice Truck

by from Monroe MI on September 5, 2013

Nice small truck, easy to drive. Looks great. Do not understand why Ford no longer makes this vehicle.

Love the sport trac

by from York, be on September 1, 2012

Went from a 2003 to a 2010 sport trac and have been very pleased. Decent mileage, 20, better comfort and maybe a little quieter. Just got to say we love the truck.

Practical Comfort

by from Hawaii on July 25, 2013

This is my 3rd Sport Trac and I am sad it is the last model year. Hopefully, there will be a Ford 100 series truck to replace it soon. We love this truck. Explorer comfort inside and a lockable short bed for hauling anything you can think of, including 4x8 sheets of material (I keep 3 2x4s handy to "extend" the bed). The Sport Trac drives great. Our only complaint about the 2010 model is the elimination of the inside entry handle, which we miss as we get a bit older and could use a "help me up"! Believe me, these are wonderful vehicles and worth every penny.

sport trac adrenalin

by from concord ,nh on July 19, 2011

2010 awd v8 adrenalin version, awsome performance and styling, very comfortable. Averaging over 21 mpg, better than the v6!! I have not found one thing yet that i would change!!! love the flame blue metalic paint.

second sport trac

by from Manisfield, Ohio on September 6, 2016

My first had over 220,000 miles and started to get some rust and the timing chain was rattling so it was time to replace it but didn't want a big truck with the big price and found this at Gram Auto mall and so fare it has been just like the old one only prettier and a bit better gas mileage.

Perfect for our Needs

by from New Braunfels, Texas on June 20, 2015

We're on our third Sport Trac. Our first, a 2003 model, was very basic with a five speed manual tranny. We towed it behind a motor home when we journeyed. Liked it so well, we bought a 2008 Limited model which we really liked. Traded it for an F250 so we could haul a 5th wheel. We immediately missed the Sport Trac and the wife complained about selling it for three years until we found our 2010 model which we purchased as a Ford Certified vehicle. We're happy again. Just seems to fit us perfectly. The styling, driveability and versatility are our favorite traits. Not expecting great gas mileage as this one has the tow package with a 3.73 rear end which is designed to pull up to 5,000 lbs. We were hoping Ford would bring out the F100 by now, but when we heard that decision has been put off (again), we did the next best thing and went back to the 'truck that got away'. We highly recommend the Sport Trac if you can find one that has been taken care of. Ford needs to resurrect this vehicle.

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited V8, 4WD

by from Pennsylvania on February 17, 2011

THE POSITIVES! Overall I love the vehicle. I have a bad back and the front seats provide excellent comfort and support. Lots of interior/exterior/performance features. Good towing and hauling capacity. Superior snow weather performance. Excellent style/appearance. Garagable with good handling/turning radius for a truck. I really like the polycarbonate Pickup bed, no concerns about rust. Firm ride which I like in a truck. Better than expected highway fuel milage with V8 engine and 6 speed automatic transmission. Great idea using a non carpet floor covering, easy to clean up in the winter. Unique interior design, especially the door handles. THE NEGATIVES: Disapointing initial build quality which is my reason for not wanting to recommend the vehicle to a friend (If you have a dealership that is really attentive or if you are very handy yourself you can minimize this factor). Slightly obstructed rear visibility. I'm sorry that Ford is no longer building this vehicle for 2011.