2006 Ford F 150

wow......i love it

by from Bucks county, PA on October 18, 2008

i own a 2006 lariat supercrew 4x4 and i have to say i am in love. i drove 1500 chevy's my whole life and 3 years ago i bought a superduty 250 lariet 4x4 which was nice, but a little more truck then i needed. i then bought my current truck, 06 supercrew lariat 4x4 and what an awesome vehicle. i have a 6 acre property which i have cut down 100' trees and drug them whole to the rear of my property with this truck. i pull a trailer with over 2 tons of stone no problem, i have a light duty boss snow plow to keep the driveway clear. an 18 wheeler delivered it by hand truck and when it went to leave it went off my driveway and into the grass and got stuck. i pulled out a chain, put the truck in 4 wheel low and slowly creeped and yanked it out. a duelly with a tree chipper also got stuck on my property and i pulled out the truck and chipper with ease. this truck does it all and with great style and grace. i drive this truck 50 highway miles a day to work. its great on the highway, and ready for any project you can dish out. buy this truck with confidence!!!! you cant stop it!

FX4 - Luxury Truck at its BEST!

by from Stuart, FL on February 21, 2012

Bought 2006 FX4 new and drove it for over 5 years. Changed the oil when due, new wipers, and had Ford check it out once a year. The only thing I ever had to have done was a new battery (which was still working fine when I changed it after 5 years -- but being a woman I didn't want to ever worry about it just going so changed it early.) After driving all different makes - no other comes close to the Ford F150 - FX4 - it had the best pick-up, best comfort, best AC hands down!!! (Living in South Florida I put that to the test!)

Will never sell this pickup!

by from Gold Canyon, AZ on August 2, 2009

I have owned 2 F-150's - a 2000 and the 2006 I have right now. I absolutely love this truck - it's reliable, decent on gas (mine is a V6 and has excellent highway mileage for a truck), offers a super-smooth ride, and is stylish. It's also just small enough to be convenient and just large enough to not have to worry about obstacles on the road. It handles in most conditions, and is just a great vehicle. I will drive this pickup until it retires! I'm so happy with it.

Fantastic Truck

by from Murrieta, CA on June 30, 2012

I am thoroughly impressed with this truck. My last Tundra was totalled in an accident a couple of weeks ago. I decided to buy my current '06 F-150 because of the low miles (62k), the lift kit that was already installed, and the tow pack. This truck is extemely stout and solid. I have put 2,000 miles on it in a little over a week alone and I am blown away at the way this truck drives and tows. I believe that I can count on this truck to take care of me and my needs for many years and miles to come.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

First Truck

by from on March 17, 2009

I purchased an '06 F-150 FX4 in the spring of '08! It was the first truck I have ever purchased. It's loaded w/captain seats, leather, moonroof, 6 disc. What an amazing truck!!! Style and looks alone beat Silverado hands down. Performance is outstanding. I would recommend to all!

best truck by far

by from Orange Co, Va on December 10, 2008

i can go anywhere-tow anything-carry everyone, what else is necessary? if someone is looking for a good reliable vehicle that plays hard and looks great, the F150 FX4 supercrew is the truck.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2006 Ford F150

by from Wichita, Kansas on May 30, 2013

Love the Ford F150 2006 Lariat! We have not had one problem since owning this awesome truck! So comfortable and smooth riding! Recommend to everyone!

Ford Vs Toyota.... FORD WINS HANDS DOWN

by from Charles County Maryland on August 23, 2008

I own a 2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4 5.4 V8. I recently just for kicks went and test drove an import 4X4 with the 5.7 engine. It drove ok but the suspension was to stiff for highway driving. They claim it is roomier then the F-150 but I could not see where. I felt like my head was closer to the roof then my Ford. It Boasts 381 HP compared to the F-150. the 81 HP didn't get me any further doing a 1/4 at a local drag strip. They let me take it out for a drive they didn't say I couldn't take it to the track. I love my FORD and would not give in to the import imatators. I would reccoment the Ford F-150 to everyone. That is everyone that wants a truck that drives like a car and out handles and out tows the others.

Best truck I have ever owned!

by from Phoenix, Az on May 19, 2017

dependable, reliable and low maintenance, I have owned this truck for 12 years and it's still running strong!!

Saved my wife

by from Iowa on October 18, 2014

My wife was cut off and hit a Ford Expedition straight on at 60mph. She walked away with a slight bruise on her wrist from the air bag. Truck is totaled but they make new ones everyday and I will be continuing buying them if this exceptional safety continues.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Ford F 150