2005 Five Hundred

2005 Ford Five Hundred

2005 Ford Five Hundred

4.3

Have You Driven the 2005 Ford Five Hundred?

Very pleased with an S80 to Five Hundred Trade

by Now a Ford Man from South Mississippi on Mon Sep 10 2007

We traded in a Volvo S80 to buy this car used about 3 months ago and absolutely love it. We hated to see the Volvo go, but couldn't afford repairs. The Five Hundred averages about 29 MPG on the highway and it has more interior room than a cave. The trunk is bigger than you need (believe me). A baby stroller, tool box, umbrellas, and standard carry arounds doesn't even take up half of the trunk. Plenty of grocery room left. The fold down front seat is a great option for getting the baby carrier into and out of the car. One pull and easily folds. Very comfortable riding car. Easily the best I've ever owned. If you want a very practical vehicle with modest styling, this is the car. The only issue is the rear brakes early wear (design flaw). Make sure the brake recall for the rear disc brakes has been completed by 30 K miles.

It was my baby

by The Orange Crusher from Mankato, MN on Mon Feb 28 2011

I just traded in my 2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited and if my family would've not expanded this year, I would still have it. I'm over 6 feet tall and I had plenty of room in this vehicle. I'm not sure where some of these reviews get their mileage info from because I never saw over 26mpg on my car. The back seat was spacious and the trunk could easily fit strollers, golf clubs, luggage etc. This was the only car I've ever driven that I could sit for 12 hours straight on road trips and not be uncomfortable. I would recommend it to anyone.

Ford 500 - a good compromise of value and luxury

by Curtismapman from Sacramento, CA on Thu Apr 28 2011

We've only had the car about four months but it's pretty solid. Quiet, safe, and fairly nimble, it's a car that an American car company couldn't have built a few years ago. This is an early 2005, actually built in 2004, yet it has surprisingly good build quality. Everyone comments on the vast room inside, especially the back seat, and the trunk is enormous. The 6-speed transmission is very smooth and makes the most of the aging technology of the Duratec V6. It's course and noisy at low speeds but quiets as you speed up. It doesn't have the refinement of a Nissan or Toyota V6 but you won't be paying the price either. Gas mileage is okay - again not what a Maxima or Avalon would deliver - but acceptable. We found this one from a local private party for $9500 with 26K miles. If you can get a deal like that, go for it. The market is soft for these and if you're buying from a dealer, there's lots of negotiating room.

Finally trading

by Taurus fan from alabama on Tue Jul 24 2012

We bought the car new. Put 70,000 miles on it. Had to do the back brakes at 40,000. Nothing else. Finally after 7yrs. the AC compressor is leaking. A common fault for 500s. Ford compressors aren't the best on the road. Love the car. Roomy and quiet. Huge trunk. At this age I will trade before repairing. Averaged about 26mpg combined driving.

Terrific After One Year: Exceeds My Expectations

by Jay from San Diego on Sun Feb 04 2007

Much happier after 1 year than with former Toyota Avalon. Not one problem in 15,000 miles. (Three oil changes and one new set of wipers) Love the look, plus it's roomier, quieter, more comfortable, has a better stereo and gets better gas mileage (22.0 to 26.5 mpg on a long freeway trip). Actually cost LESS than the Toyota. We love this car! Why is it not the #1 seller? So, it doesn't have a fancy foreign brand name. Don't be fooled. This is a terrific car, an unbelievable value, and made in the U.S.A. in Chicago! I want to tell other people about it.

Great Value for the Money

by suemor from Pennyslvania on Sat Sep 02 2006

I'm very well pleased with this cars ability. It glides through the snow and gets you to your destination in style. On turns theres alittle tilt. Nothing a little slowing up won't cure...beautiful styling, lots of comfort and room. Overall an Impressive sedan. With the milege I average 23-28. I'm happy!! Especially since it's AWD.

Full Size Luxury At A Mid Size Price

by ReedBo from Ivyland, PA on Thu Dec 28 2006

This is a beautiful car. Solidly built. The trunk can only be described as huge. The instrumentation and and appointments in the interior rival a Lincoln. We love it.

this car is Awsome!!!!!!!!

by I love my hummer 3 from maryland on Thu Apr 03 2014

I bought this car just over a year ago with 96k miles on it. Me and my wife both love the space it has!! we have clocked our gas mileage every trip and it's fun to see that we have gotten atleast 500 miles on a single tank !!!! That's an 8 hour ride without filling up gas. The engine is definatly not underpowered but could be a little faster. Weve jad it for a year with no problems except for the recall about the doors getting water in them and freezing in cold weater, which we couldent close the door after. Thank goodness for recalls. If you are thinking about this car it is a great choice and are sure you will love in ice your in it!!!!!! 2005 Ford five hundred se

Ford 500 Great

by Jag from on Sun Nov 27 2011

This is a great and reliable model--the power under the hood is just right, the comfort is great, and the stereo, moon roof, and leather seats give it a somewhat luxurious feel..

Ford Five Hundred

by Tyler from Farmingdale ny on Sat May 28 2016

I just brought my 2005 Ford Five Hundred last week I had a problem with it and brought it back to the dealership where joe and micah from Power Motor Group which is located in Lindenhurst ny they brought it to there mechanic and fixed it while it was getting done they gave me another car to drive till my car was done. the car drives great since it got fixed

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2005 Ford Five Hundred

The Ford Five Hundred's biggest problem is the Chrysler 300, a giant hit. I'm a fan, but I question if the Five Hundred isn't the vehicle with staying power. In the end you want a car that doesn't become dated, that you can live with every day.

You can bet that a few years ago in the design studios of Chrysler and Ford, the 300 was seen as a big risk and the Five Hundred was seen as a safe bet. Ironically, at this point in the American market, fielding a blandly styled vehicle is actually riskier than taking a stand. A J.D. Power and Associates report last year revealed that polarizing car designs sell better than those that evoke no strong emotion in either direction.

Perhaps the Five Hundred's assets... Read More